PDA

View Full Version : FS Insider Survey?

FLighT01
June 17th, 2009, 03:48
Opened my home E-Mail in box this morning, in there was a survey from "FS Insider" titled "You are eligible for survey on Flight games!!!???

I was signed up with FSI but not sure I want to open this up, LOL.

Anyone else get one?

krazycolin
June 17th, 2009, 04:13
Got one too. Deleted and marked as Junk.

Z-PurpleBubble
June 17th, 2009, 04:33
FS Insider, that is M$, right?

Real nice of them! First they drop the community and Aces like a hot potato and then they want to do some commercial survey? Typical!

Let them shove their survey!

PB

FLighT01
June 17th, 2009, 04:36
I was thinking more along the lines of malicious software.

Lotus
June 17th, 2009, 05:09
It's a legit survey, fairly long, and quite interesting too actually, some of the questions anyway. Fairly certain I blew the bell curve on all of them though when it came to tolerance for lack of realism. "What would you like to see in a new flying game?"... I would like to see Flight Simulator 11 in a new flying game, hehe. ;)

-Mike

JimC1702
June 17th, 2009, 06:49
The fact it's referred to as a "flying game" and not a flight simulator is troublesome.

Jim

Lionheart
June 17th, 2009, 08:04
I received one as well. I havent opened it.

I do not know what to think on this. I guess it wouldnt hurt to give them some input.

Bill

n4gix
June 17th, 2009, 10:04
It is quite legitimate.

Those who simply "trash it" have only themselves to blame for NOT using this precious opportunity to let MS know how the real FS community feels about this rediculous focus on an "arcade flying game..."

I made it quite clear that while I have no real objection to the suggestion of somewhat realistic mission type scenarios that could -with only mildly clenched teeth- qualify as "training," I have ZERO tolerance for anything that does not provide at least the degree of "realism" of the previous FS releases...

<!--StartFragment -->

We are very interested in hearing your feedback on the games you play. If you are interested in participating in other Microsoft Game Studios projects, such as playing pre-release games (before they are available in the store) or completing online questionnaires about games, please follow the instructions below. As an additional incentive, many of these programs offer you the opportunity to enter sweepstakes to win free games and other Microsoft products. This program is available to EVERYONE – not just hardcore players! Whether you play once a year or every day, whether you pre-order the latest consoles or wouldn’t think of paying for a game – we want feedback from you!
1. Go to http://connect.microsoft.com (http://tracking.msadcenter.msn.com/xeeaszez_mlxqfnlins.html)
2. Create an account at the site if you have not already
3. Select “Connection Directory” at the top of the page
4. Select “Games and Xbox” from the category list on the left
5. Select the “Microsoft Game Studios Beta Program” and follow the directions for signing up
If you have any questions or trouble signing up, please email gbetasup@microsoft.com (gbetasup@microsoft.com)

Lionheart
June 17th, 2009, 10:58
I went in to do the survey and there was no way to do it, blank.. lol.. The Survey was either missing, or they cancelled it. I went to the webpage location as told, and did all that I should.

Maybe they heard enough.. lol.

Bill

Tim_Horton
June 17th, 2009, 11:35
It is quite legitimate.

Those who simply "trash it" have only themselves to blame for NOT using this precious opportunity to let MS know how the real FS community feels about this rediculous focus on an "arcade flying game..."
<!--StartFragment -->

Well from the inside world of creating games and working with Microsoft I can tell you that they don't listen nor do they even check their own files most of the time to see if its correct.

Case and point a certain game was created and they made it very clear they would be checking files. "Fart" sounds were put in when characters walked around and they never found it, they were going to publish it!!! It was changed quickly and the truth is known, Microsoft talks big, does very little.

Gibbage
June 17th, 2009, 11:37
If you want to be heard, let me tell you, this is the time to do it. Being a former Aces employee/contractor, they DO read these things!

Gibbage
June 17th, 2009, 11:40
Well from the inside world of creating games and working with Microsoft I can tell you that they don't listen nor do they even check their own files most of the time to see if its correct.

Please dont generalize. I worked at Aces, and there was many a time when we spoke of what people posted on forums and E-mail. There was even staff dedicated to the community. Saying this is doing a great disservice to everyone that worked at Aces.

Henry
June 17th, 2009, 12:21
It is quite legitimate.

<!--StartFragment -->
That i agree with, we need all the help we can get
enough positive responses is all we have
H

BASys
June 17th, 2009, 12:29
Hi Folks

Didn't receive one myself,
but someone on another forum
posted the link -
Microsoft Game Studios - A Survey on Flight Games (https://surveys.mgsuserresearch.com/Collector/Survey.ashx?Name=Flight_M_K_FSI&loginid=anon)

HTH
ATB
Paul

2Low
June 17th, 2009, 12:29
Did my part, stressed realism. Completed 10 minutes ago so it's still up.

ryanbatc
June 17th, 2009, 13:40
wow....all the flight sim questions are probably whats coming next...lame

Yeah I really want to do a hot air balloon race with my friend....WTF! lame!

How bout adding some more realistic ATC and flight dynamics instead of wasting a good sim on lame mission/online style crap?!?!?!?

I used the word "lame" a lot booyah!

Mathias
June 17th, 2009, 13:46
Hi Folks

Didn't receive one myself,
but someone on another forum
posted the link -
Microsoft Game Studios - A Survey on Flight Games (https://surveys.mgsuserresearch.com/Collector/Survey.ashx?Name=Flight_M_K_FSI&loginid=anon)

HTH
ATB
Paul

Thanks! Filled out the survey, for what it's worth.....

Kiwikat
June 17th, 2009, 13:55
Some of the questions are quite ridiculous. Would I want to fly as a paper airplane in someone's house?

WTF?

Mikrco
June 17th, 2009, 14:00
To take this survey you must agree to the confidentiality agreement below. If you accept this agreement, click “Yes” below. If you do not agree to the terms, click “No” below.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
CONFIDENTIALITY. The information you receive during the course of the survey is are proprietary and confidential information to Microsoft, and you agree to take all necessary steps to preserve that confidentiality. As a part of your obligation to preserve the confidentiality of the information you agree not to (i) disclose the existence of the survey; or (ii) disclose or provide any information you receive in connection with the survey to any third party (other than as specifically permitted herein) in any manner including but not limited to capturing and posting survey screen shots, videos, or opinions about the survey or any other information related to the Product on any websites or blogs. However, you may disclose confidential information in accordance with judicial or other governmental order, provided you shall give Microsoft reasonable written notice prior to such disclosure and shall comply with any applicable protective order or equivalent. Further, you shall not be liable to Microsoft for disclosure of information which you can prove (a) is already known to you without an obligation to maintain the same as confidential; (b) becomes publicly known through no wrongful act of you; or (c) is independently developed by you.

<!-- END TEXT HTML --><!-- BEGIN QUESTION 58, 58$1 --><!--IE Hack for empty block level content issues-->https://surveys.mgsuserresearch.com/Collector/images/empty.gif<!--End Hack-->
<TABLE class=thin><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" class=number>1. </TD><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" class=prompt>Do you agree to the terms of the Non Disclosure Agreement?

You must answer "Yes" to take the survey

If you answer "No" the survey will end.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Well, so much for that.:173go1:

robrealair
June 17th, 2009, 14:05
It is quite legitimate.

I made it quite clear that while I have no real objection to the suggestion of somewhat realistic mission type scenarios that could -with only mildly clenched teeth- qualify as "training," I have ZERO tolerance for anything that does not provide at least the degree of "realism" of the previous FS releases...

<!--StartFragment -->

Hi Bill,

With utmost respect, I disagree. I think anyone with antennae up and possessed of intelligent critical faculties can see that the best opportunity for FSX users to make their points, and more importantly MS to heed them, is to ditch corporate "surveys" and simply visit the vast majority of flight sim site forums and for MS to see themselves what a proper, straightforward, REAL survey is telling them:

a) They don't want FSX dumbed down

b) They most definitely do not want FSX transfered to Xbox, online subscription "game" zones, or any other platform which DUMBS it down.

c) They want the bugs in FSX fixed, frame rates optimised and a positive statement saying it will be developed and improved, BUT NOT DUMBED DOWN.

Corporate surveys have a dismal record of absorbing real feedback. They are generally invented in order to confirm a marketing decision already made, by using prescriptive questions which trigger a desired answer. "Yes or No" answered surveys are almost useless. They represent an exercise in manipulation and do not seek real views...they merely seek to re-inforce the corporate decisions already made in order that those commissioning the "survey" have armour to fight their corner.

Sorry if this sounds a tad cynical, but it is born of many years of observation of the kind of "surveys" this represents.

Cheers,

Rob Young

Kiwikat
June 17th, 2009, 14:45
Well, so much for that.:173go1:

And honestly, WHY does it have a nda that they know no one will obey. What are they trying to hide? That isn't a way to get public opinion.

As Rob said, they aren't even trying to get our opinions. It is just corporate B$.

anthony31
June 17th, 2009, 15:38
Maybe the NDA is just a generic one? One to cover their asses and which they probably attach to every survey they ever do.

Either way MS are asking for opinions so take the oppurtunity to give them some. One thing I can guarantee is that you will either be laughing or crying by the time you've finished the survey :) .

Gibbage
June 17th, 2009, 15:47
Standard. Lawyers and all. If they use someone's suggestion, or it just so happens that someone's suggestion is already a planned feature, that person cant come back and ask for money. "Hay, you used my idea about flying paper airplanes in someones livingroom! I want a cut!"

This happens at Disneyland all the time. Someone suggests a ride or attraction to them, and if it just so happens to come to pass (rather by the suggestion or just coincidence), Disney gets sued for it. Its happened many many times. Its a sad truth that the world is ruled by lawyers.

Henry
June 17th, 2009, 16:02
bottom line just answer it
and hope
H

ryanbatc
June 17th, 2009, 18:46
yeah a lot of the questions were worded to make the scenarios appear interesting, Once you read past the BS you can select the true answer lol....

I dislike this, and I would like it if this WAS NOT in the next flight sim - hahah that was most of my answers. Wasn't there a question about buying parts (of planes) off Windows Live or MS Live ROFL???

BananaBob
June 17th, 2009, 19:42
I got to fill it out just for the shadows, they suck IMO, especially when you are on uneven ground or your tail of your chopper is sticking out over a landing pad and the shadow mysteriously is stuck in some continual multidimensional plane where shadows can hover in thin air, hey it's 2009 already, lol. :ernae:

heywooood
June 17th, 2009, 20:33
I look at it as an opportunity to characterize myself as a flight simulation fan and distinguish for them the difference between myself and the 'gamer community'...not that gaming is bad - its just that I look for something entirely different in my flight sims than what I am looking for in a 'game'

I - and I think a lot of us here beside me, recognize that they are not the same thing.

This was just m/s taking a look at us to see where the cut is and maybe to see whether it is worth it to develop flying games OR flight simulators going forward.

I hope that they would do BOTH - because there is an audience for both - and because it would keep them from poisoning one with elements of the other and losing BOTH customers.

It looked to me from some of the questions as if they were trying to determine just that...which is good

as long as they continue and improve on the FS Franchise that is :kilroy: