PDA

View Full Version : MS Game Studio's Survey

gigabyte
June 16th, 2009, 20:56
I just received an interesting survey request from MS Game Studio, all about Flight Sims. Has anyone else received and or completed this survey?

I get the impression from the questions they are looking to guage the audiance / market for a "Live" online product.

Interesting survey, it took almost 30 minutes to complete.

I am not sure if it would be kosher, but I saved the link and if the Admins are interested I could post it for others who may not receive the eMail request?

Roadburner440
June 16th, 2009, 20:59
That is interesting. There have been rumors floating around the Microsoft would try to make a Live version of FS. If memory serves me correctly though it did not favor the development of the community as a whole. Just to help make MS more $$ by giving it more control over it. Other people with more details might be able to help clarify.

gigabyte
June 16th, 2009, 21:08
That is interesting. There have been rumors floating around the Microsoft would try to make a Live version of FS. If memory serves me correctly though it did not favor the development of the community as a whole. Just to help make MS more $$ by giving it more control over it. Other people with more details might be able to help clarify.

There were quite a few questions on "Customizing" and "Add-on's" in the survey, it does look like they want to know how important those aspects are to users. I of course scored those questions as MUST HAVE's, but it does really give me the feeling that they are looking at a product that will offer additional revenue streams to MS either through fee's for online access or through Payware addon's.

Francois
June 16th, 2009, 22:35
Friend of mine received it too.... 'gaming' eh? We expected that all along, didn't we ? :blind:

Naismith
June 16th, 2009, 23:30
I got it too, initially I thought it was a pretty mundane survey, then it got to the meat which is all about flight simming. Very interesting, the powers that be must be contemplating a revival.
The word GAME does not concern me too much, the Missions in FSX are the game aspect and many of them are pretty good and immersive. Equally the third party add-ons like Cargo, Passengers and Hauler are gamey. So be it. We could argue till we are blue in the face over whether they are Games or Simulations. It is all semantics. My wife calls it - a waste of time. :)
Interesting the Q's on Combat though.

Lionheart
June 16th, 2009, 23:50
I just received an interesting survey request from MS Game Studio, all about Flight Sims. Has anyone else received and or completed this survey?

I get the impression from the questions they are looking to guage the audiance / market for a "Live" online product.

Interesting survey, it took almost 30 minutes to complete.

I am not sure if it would be kosher, but I saved the link and if the Admins are interested I could post it for others who may not receive the eMail request?

Gigabyte

I received it too. I did not read it, at least yet.

Bill

ananda
June 17th, 2009, 00:02
Yes, filled it in and added extra comments at the end.

Sedr37
June 17th, 2009, 02:00
Havent got anything. Could anybody post the link?

Francois
June 17th, 2009, 02:02
I My wife calls it - a waste of time. :)

Just you wait until Astragon release their 'Fashion Shopping Simulator'......... :icon_lol:

Kiwikat
June 17th, 2009, 02:38
I've not got anything either. A link would be most appreciated.

Dangerousdave26
June 17th, 2009, 07:50
I am not saying there is a survey because if there was a survey you would have to agree to the Confidentiality Agreement to take the survey. That confidentiality Agreement would most likely require that you not speak about the Survey in any way shape or form.

Providing the link would do no good as each survey would be tailored to the person it was sent to. It should not work a second time but that is theory I would not know.

I did not receive anything related to a survey.

There is no survey

I don't remember

I can't Recall

I have no memory at all...

JoeW
June 17th, 2009, 07:53
I received one and worked it. Most of the stuff they asked was for add-on's like " would you care to have a live combat add-on feature".

cheezyflier
June 17th, 2009, 07:59
I am not saying there is a survey because if there was a survey you would have to agree to the Confidentiality Agreement to take the survey. That confidentiality Agreement would most likely require that you not speak about the Survey in any way shape or form.

:icon_lol: hahahah dude you beat me to it on that one:applause:
well done

n4gix
June 17th, 2009, 09:30
The only people "invited" to participate are those who've taken the time to sign up via connect.microsoft.com for the Playtest program:

<!--StartFragment -->

We are very interested in hearing your feedback on the games you play. If you are interested in participating in other Microsoft Game Studios projects, such as playing pre-release games (before they are available in the store) or completing online questionnaires about games, please follow the instructions below. As an additional incentive, many of these programs offer you the opportunity to enter sweepstakes to win free games and other Microsoft products. This program is available to EVERYONE – not just hardcore players! Whether you play once a year or every day, whether you pre-order the latest consoles or wouldn’t think of paying for a game – we want feedback from you!
1. Go to http://connect.microsoft.com (http://tracking.msadcenter.msn.com/xeeaszez_mlxqfnlins.html)
2. Create an account at the site if you have not already
3. Select “Connection Directory” at the top of the page
4. Select “Games and Xbox” from the category list on the left
5. Select the “Microsoft Game Studios Beta Program” and follow the directions for signing up
If you have any questions or trouble signing up, please email gbetasup@microsoft.com (gbetasup@microsoft.com)

Lateral-G
June 17th, 2009, 11:51

Remember it's not about the community with MS...it's about making more money.

-G-

Meshman
June 17th, 2009, 12:39
The only people "invited" to participate are those who've taken the time to sign up via connect.microsoft.com for the Playtest program:

<!--StartFragment -->

Uh, I have never signed up to the site mentioned above. But I'm neither confirming nor denying that I may or may not have received a survey...:kilroy:

Naismith
June 17th, 2009, 12:43
https://surveys.mgsuserresearch.com/Collector/Survey.ashx?Name=Flight_M_K_FSI&loginid=anon

lifejogger
June 17th, 2009, 13:36
I received the survey and filled it out, it was interesting in that it asked questions about almost everything concerning flight, including flying with birds. All in all it sounded like a flight sim that would be played online.

Dangerousdave26
June 17th, 2009, 13:49
Again I have no knowledge of a survey taking place that may have had such Buzz words in it as

"buy"

"death-match"

"unlocked"

"Games for Windows - LIVE"

"Rogue Robots"

"evil mastermind"

"looting"

"volcano"

Because of the confidentiality agreement I would have been required to sign I have no knowledge of such things.

cheezyflier
June 17th, 2009, 15:20
if "they" were working on such a thing, (and i'm not saying they are, mind you) it shouldn't really be a surprise to any of the regulars here. we all read the press releases after they scrubbed aces. it was made clear that this was the sort of direction they were interested in pursuing. for those of you who would consider participating in suc an "online experience" i would guess that it would either run off the fsx platform in some way, or it would be some other thing, without having the whole world modeled. what else could they really do? without aces anymore it's hard to imagine they would be interested in creating "FS11 for WINDOWS LIVE"TM.

for myself, i really have no interest in playing a game that is limited to online participation for much of it's content. how many guys can be the pilot of a b-17? somebody's gonna have to be a tail gunner, and you know how long those guys survive. it might be fun to play once in a while but i would rather do those things without being online, using bandwidth that i now get metered out to me by my greedy isp. until someone out there (be it ms or someone else) creates the next flight sim that tops fsx, that's all there is. and the minute they create an o/s that won't allow you to run it anymore, it's all over unless you have an old machine that will. i think it might be time to face what many of you suspect but don't want to acknowledge. pc gaming is pretty much the red headed stepchild in favor of consoles, because consoles are far easier for the software manufacturers to control content-wise.
i doubt the windows live flight game will allow 3rd party aircraft without an expensive licence. of course, i am totally guessing by what i have seen so far. just my best guess based on previously released information, with some personal opinion sprinkled in.

Naismith
June 17th, 2009, 20:13
Well if MS are watching :a1310:
I want them to be aware, I for one have no interest in any on-line shenannigans.
I tried Vatsim and was put off by the arrogance and rudery of certain people.
I tried the MS online flying extravaganza - so lame that the name escapes me for the moment. Filled with stupids who want to fly into you.
It peeved me off enough just having to register FSX on line. Then on the third or so install being interrogated by a non English speaking moron.
So MS go thadaway - I won't be joining you.

Lionheart
June 17th, 2009, 20:26

I had that happen several times by some real rough dudes at LAX in VATSIM. I would be into my 6th hour of a flight, and get treated so roughly in front of other pilots that I would just disconnect my flight and go have a cup of coffee.. I finally quit flying on there. Bummed me out, but I needed the LAX flights for my Virtual Airlines position I was holding.

Bill

jmig
June 18th, 2009, 03:45
Well if MS are watching :a1310:
I want them to be aware, I for one have no interest in any on-line shenannigans.
I tried the MS online flying extravaganza - so lame that the name escapes me for the moment. Filled with stupids who want to fly into you.
It peeved me off enough just having to register FSX on line. Then on the third or so install being interrogated by a non English speaking moron.
So MS go thadaway - I won't be joining you.

Thanks goodness there are ways around that procedure. I trust Microsoft about as much as I trust the U.S. federal government.

To give you an idea of how much I trust the U.S. federal government, I would never leave the house and let my daughter spend time alone with it.

Lionheart
June 18th, 2009, 10:21
To give you an idea of how much I trust the U.S. federal government, I would never leave the house and let my daughter spend time alone with it.

LOLOLOLOL......

lolol