PDA

View Full Version : Oak Harbor Uploaded

jdhaenens
June 15th, 2009, 18:04
Just uploaded Oak Harbor to Flightsim and Simviation. They should be available ... probably tomorrow.

Enjoy!

Jim

pbearsailor
June 15th, 2009, 18:15
Thanks, Jim. This is really appreciated. :ernae:

cheers,
steve :wavey:

Panther_99FS
June 15th, 2009, 18:30
Your usual excellence JD....:icon29:

stovall
June 15th, 2009, 21:16
Thanks Jim, patience always is a virtue. I knew you would get her done.

Much appreciated.

BananaBob
June 15th, 2009, 21:25
Beautiful!! Man that Catalina is looking better and better too! Great home for it! :medals::medals:

Lionheart
June 15th, 2009, 21:28
Looks awesome Jim!

:applause:

Bill

Rezabrya
June 15th, 2009, 21:40
Looks great. Can't wait to download it tomorrow.

Epsillon
June 15th, 2009, 23:37
Looks absolutely stunning!
Thanks a lot, Jim...:ernae:

Stephan

JoeW
June 16th, 2009, 00:06
Great scenery, Jim. :applause:

lucas81
June 16th, 2009, 01:00
Beautiful work, Sir! :medals:

Roger
June 16th, 2009, 01:37
Great stuff Jim:applause:

Just a couple of probs. There seems to be a spurious land tile and I wonder if it would be possible to do a UTX compatible version?

Shot to show the spurious tile..

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/OakHarbourisssue.jpg

peter12213
June 16th, 2009, 03:42
nice one Jim, many thanks!!

jdhaenens
June 16th, 2009, 03:44
Roger, that's just wierd. I did a new cvx based on your screenshot so if you'll download it and make sure it works, I'll appreciate it. Just put it in your Oak Harbor/scenery folder and make sure Oak Harbor is above UTX on the priority list.

Roger
June 16th, 2009, 04:36
Roger, that's just wierd. I did a new cvx based on your screenshot so if you'll download it and make sure it works, I'll appreciate it. Just put it in your Oak Harbor/scenery folder and make sure Oak Harbor is above UTX on the priority list.

That was quick Jim!:engel016:

I'll try it now and report back.

noddy
June 16th, 2009, 04:45
Great job, many thanks.

Roger
June 16th, 2009, 04:49
Most of it's gone Jim. Seems no one else has this problem, so maybe it's peculiar to my install? I'm pretty sure there's no other addon in the area.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/oakissue2.jpg

Henry
June 16th, 2009, 05:14
Thanks
H:applause:

crashaz
June 16th, 2009, 05:18
Wow! Excellent work!:wavey:

jdhaenens
June 16th, 2009, 05:44
Thanks, Roger. I'll extend the other water poly this evening after I get home from work. It may be just your install, or how UTX installed...or...1000 other things, but the fix is on the right track. Some of my testers had UTX as well, but didn't have the problem. ...things that make you go hmmmmm.

By the way, if you come in on a due north course over the southern tip of the island (it used to be an island until the navy filled it in) low and slow, Bill (Lionheart) Ortiz's Kodiak will land on the tarmac. LOL

Cheers!

Jim

stovall
June 16th, 2009, 07:09
Thanks Jim, Ole number 28 has a home. Great work!!

http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss169/tlstovall/OakHarbor.jpg

jdhaenens
June 16th, 2009, 14:38
@ Roger and UTX users:

This file should sink the mysterious right-triangular island left over from the last cvx file and get rid of any spurrious land as well. But beware! Legend has it that the right-triangular island may reappear at any time...throughout the world....as long as I still don't have UTX :redf:

Jim

Roger
June 16th, 2009, 14:44
Thanks for your efforts Jim. It's appreciated:ernae:

Meshman
June 16th, 2009, 15:00
@ Roger and UTX users:

This file should sink the mysterious right-triangular island left over from the last cvx file and get rid of any spurrious land as well. But beware! Legend has it that the right-triangular island may reappear at any time...throughout the world....as long as I still don't have UTX :redf:

Jim

Thanks for your efforts, Jim!

Renegade terrain, you say? Sounds like some windmills I placed in Hawai'i that haven't been released. One of the locations has a very strange water effect that appears. None of the really smart people can figure it out. Harleyman has seen it! :isadizzy:

Hope you get UTX, it makes things a little nicer. Having the road data keeps me from getting lost...

Lance

jdhaenens
June 16th, 2009, 15:45
Thanks, guys. I had UTX for FS9 and really enjoyed it but since I started to design more for FSX, I wanted to keep my machine terrain addon free.

The last two sceneries I've put out have been shoreline/waterpoly intensive so I may have to rethink my abstinence.

Jim

jimjones
June 17th, 2009, 01:54
Thanks Jim for another fine scenery. However, I do have a bit of a problem with the parked Cats showing improperly as seen in the accompanying pic. All other objects seem ok.

I've downloaded from flightsim.com, twice with the same problem. Is there perhaps a corrupted file there? Is there another download site I could try?

I notice cat5a.txt does not have a corresponding bgl, as oakhbrlib.txt has it's bgl. Could that mean there is a missing file?

Jim

scoutII
June 17th, 2009, 15:32
I get the Martins from a distance and they break up like above when close and no cat's to be found...Thanks:ernae:

jdhaenens
June 18th, 2009, 03:33
OK... the PBM's are gone, the cats are now there, and the waterpolys are fixed...and the wholw thing was just uploaded to Flightsim and Simviation. Sould be available in a while.

Thanks and enjoy!

Jim

Roger
June 18th, 2009, 04:19
Thanks Jim,
Great service:applause:

jimjones
June 20th, 2009, 09:52
Still have the exploded catalina problem here. Must have a unique problem with my setup. Thanks for your corrected upload.

Jim

scoutII
June 20th, 2009, 10:46
Cat's look fine now, but I miss the PBM's even if I could only see them from a distance - Would where I place it in the Library have anything to do with it and had no problem with UTX with the first one?? Thanks Chris

jdhaenens
June 20th, 2009, 10:52
Hmmm. never had a report of exploding Cats. These are the same ones as Pensacola. The PBM's are still in the library if you want to place them with instant scenery.

Jim

jimjones
June 21st, 2009, 05:27
Jim, your latest release indeed works, and my problem was a dumb move.

The first version install was made in the addon dir and activated there. The second version install was made elsewhere and I did not bother to activate, believing the second install was in the same location. Thus my test was with the old install. Forgive for having bothered you, and thanks again.

Jim

expat
June 23rd, 2009, 01:09
Jim, just wanted to say I have collected all of your works and this latest one is a real treat. Also keen on your focus on military hangar development for the sim.

Thanks again.

expat

CrisGer
June 25th, 2009, 12:04
does this great new addition make Jim Cooks NAS Whitby outdated or do they work together? thanks so much for this great work. :medals:

love anything for sea or float planes :)

jdhaenens
June 25th, 2009, 15:36
I don't know. I don't have Jim's Whidbey installed, but this is 5 miles from Ault Field.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful....Jim???

JimC1702
June 25th, 2009, 17:52
There may be an issue with Navaids at Oak Harbor, due to an early bug in AFX. It's been fixed since, but some older airports still have the bug. I've fixed any that were brought to my attention.

Anyway, when you opened an airport in AFX it would grab all the navaids within a 30 mile radius and they would be saved with the bgl file. That would cause problems with any ILS at nearby airports.

I checked Whidbey Island at Jim's request, and sure enough, it had the problem.

I've fixed it and will upload the file here momentarily.

Just overwrite the existing file and all should be well. Sorry for any inconvenience.

If anyone wants to PM me their email address, I'll email you the file.

Jim

JimC1702
June 25th, 2009, 17:54
Other than the navaid issue posted above, there should be no problem with the two airports. Any changes I made to Whidbey Island were confined to the airport proper.

Jim

JimC1702
June 25th, 2009, 18:07
I uploaded the whole .zip flie for Whidbey Island, so if someone doesn't have it, they can get it here, and those who do can just over-write it.

Jim

jdhaenens
June 25th, 2009, 18:33
Thanks, Jim, I appreciate the help.!

Jim

Panther_99FS
June 29th, 2009, 08:44
Thanks, Jim. This is really appreciated. :ernae:

cheers,
steve :wavey:

Yeppers....
JD's scenery fill an important niche! :applause: