PDA

View Full Version : Fs2004 to fsX

foo_fighter
June 15th, 2009, 12:22
Guys, I have maybe a silly question, but anyways...:blind:

what is needed in order to make a fs2004`s airplane to be displayed at fsX`s main menu?

Thanks in advance

dhazelgrove
June 15th, 2009, 12:29
A thumbnail image of the aircraft - in JPG format - placed in the appropriate texture folder.
You don't really need it, as a query will be displayed instead if no thumbnail image is found.

For FS9, the aircraft type in the AIR file is significant, but FSX does things differently. For FSX, the aircraft must have both panel and sound directories. If your aircraft has these, it should show.

Dave

foo_fighter
June 15th, 2009, 12:47
OOOOOKAY!

Thank you very much!

It was more like curiosity you know?

Now if I may ask another one....how can I fix those "scrumbled" panel and aircraft all mixed when flying fsx? I mean, like alphasim F-111 the main window is all "complicated".....is there a fix?

Thanks again!

Dangerous Beans
June 15th, 2009, 13:33
If by scrumbled you mean its squashed with a black bar at the bottom open the panel.cfg in notepad and in the [Window00] section delete the line that says render_3d_window=1

dhazelgrove
June 15th, 2009, 20:16
If by scrumbled you mean its squashed with a black bar at the bottom open the panel.cfg in notepad and in the [Window00] section delete the line that says render_3d_window=1

There's a bit more to it than that.
Certainly, any line of "render_3d_window=1" in the (Window00) section should be removed, commented out or changed to "render_3d_window=0".

Also, at the bottom of the panel.cfg file, you'll see:

[Default View]
X=0
Y=0
SIZE_X=xxxx
SIZE_Y=yyyy

Make sure that the SIZE_Y value is "6143". This is the fix for the black bar.

Dave