PDA

View Full Version : Aicarrier2

peter12213
June 15th, 2009, 06:10
I can't understand this i have installed aicarrier2 normally have java and everthingit askes for but i just doesn't seem to connect to my fsx.. i have no aicarrier menu in the addon menu and have had no prompts to run it when running fsx.. can anyone help me plese could it be a sim connect problem?

MenendezDiego
June 15th, 2009, 06:15
if you have AIM or MSN I can help, let me know

gajit
June 15th, 2009, 06:26
I can't understand this i have installed aicarrier2 normally have java and everthingit askes for but i just doesn't seem to connect to my fsx.. i have no aicarrier menu in the addon menu and have had no prompts to run it when running fsx.. can anyone help me plese could it be a sim connect problem?

Hi - I had the same problem until i restarted FSX and it suddenly appeared in the addon menu

navychief8
June 15th, 2009, 07:52
Go to the tread on Thrawns Nimitz release, page 4 and look for the post from JT8D-9A and use attachment, you must change the path to the location of your AICarrier file and then place it in the USERS/APPs Data/Microsoft/FSX folder.

peter12213
June 15th, 2009, 08:14
ive done all of the above i just don't get it

peter12213
June 15th, 2009, 08:37
i got the question asking me if i accepted the addon which i did but i still don't see it in the addon menu i just don't get it!
in my main fsx folder should i have a file called dll.xml as i believe this could be a problem also!

peter12213
June 15th, 2009, 09:08
also when i start fsx i get this message
Flight simulator is attempting to start "AIcarriers"
(version < unknown > <UNKNOWN><UNKNOWN>,Config Entry Number 1). Do you wish to run this program?
c:/Program files\AICarriers\aicarriers.exe

I click yes ... yet there is no sign of it in the addon menu and when i try to remove the dll.exe out of my fsx folder i loose the addon option on the menu? i'm really stuck here!

navychief8
June 15th, 2009, 09:42
The dll.xml and fsx.cfg file are not in your main FSX folder. That was my problem , I was trying to put the EXE.xml file into the main FSX folder. You have to look for the dll.xml in the APPS DOCs folder. I know its frustrating.

bruce448
June 15th, 2009, 10:09
I ended up putting a shortcut of the aicarriers.exe on my decktop and start the program up once FSX has loaded to the main screen.

peter12213
June 15th, 2009, 13:32
The dll.xml and fsx.cfg file are not in your main FSX folder. That was my problem , I was trying to put the EXE.xml file into the main FSX folder. You have to look for the dll.xml in the APPS DOCs folder. I know its frustrating.

where is the apps doc folder is that not the fsx folder i don't mean the one where you put your aircraft or anything!

Shylock
June 15th, 2009, 13:44
peter are you running xp or vista?

peter12213
June 15th, 2009, 13:47
xp shylock, i can't understand why i can't get it working its askes me if i wan't to run the software but it just doesn't appear in the addon menu can u post the contents of your exe.xml and dll.xml files along with the exact location you have placed them if you use xp please!

GypsyBaron
June 15th, 2009, 15:42
xp shylock, i can't understand why i can't get it working its askes me if i wan't to run the software but it just doesn't appear in the addon menu can u post the contents of your exe.xml and dll.xml files along with the exact location you have placed them if you use xp please!

Here is my EXE.xml file, located in the same directory as
the fsx.CFG file:

<simbase.document type="Launch" version="1,0">
<descr>Launch</descr>
<filename>EXE.XML</filename>
<disabled>False</disabled>
<launch.manualload>False</launch.manualload>
<launch.addon><disabled>False</disabled>
<manualload>False</manualload>
<name>AICarriers</name>

K:\FSX Tools\AI carriers\aicarriers.exe</path>
<commandline>-nogui</commandline>
</launch.addon>
</simbase.document>And my dll.xml. Note that I have my FSX and SDK installed
on my "I:" drive so your paths will be different.

<simbase.document type="Launch" version="1,0">
<descr>Launch</descr>
<filename>dll.xml</filename>
<launch.manualload>False</launch.manualload>
<launch.addon>
<name>Object Placement Tool</name>

I:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</path>
</launch.addon>
<launch.addon>
<name>Traffic Toolbox</name>

I:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</path>
</launch.addon>
<launch.addon>
<name>Visual Effects Tool</name>

I:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</path>
</launch.addon>
<launch.addon>
<name>FSUIPC 4</name>

Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</path>
</launch.addon>
</simbase.document>The path to both files in XP is:

C:\Documents and Settings\"your user name here"<user>\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX

Hope this helps,

Paul</user>

peter12213
June 15th, 2009, 17:07
thanks for this gypsy its exactly the same as mine still i won't appear in the addon menu i'm so gutted about this!!

GypsyBaron
June 15th, 2009, 19:52
also when i start fsx i get this message
Flight simulator is attempting to start "AIcarriers"
(version < unknown > <unknown><unknown>,Config Entry Number 1). Do you wish to run this program?
c:/Program files\AICarriers\aicarriers.exe

I click yes ... yet there is no sign of it in the addon menu and when i try to remove the dll.exe out of my fsx folder i loose the addon option on the menu? i'm really stuck here!

Is that path above a typo?

C:/Program files\.....

Or is it actually:

C:\Program Files\.....

Back-slash vs. forward-slash.

Double-check your EXE.XML for a possible typo there as it is easy to overlook
a simple change like that.

Unfortunately the board software stripped all the actual code from my previous post.
Seems that it doesn't do that as long as you DO NOT edit the post after enclosing
text in "CODE /CODE" tags. As soon as you edit and resubmit a post it PORKS the
text between those tags :(

Another thing to check....
In your FSX.CFG file do you have an entry similar
to this in the "Trusted" list?

K:\FSX Tools\AI carriers\aicarriers.exe.aqwhkelwzbkthnakrzhoetbroq rwuzlnluuzeqhz=1

My aicarriers is in my K:\FSX Tools\AI carriers folder.

The important thing is the "=1" at the very end.

Paul
</unknown></unknown>

heywooood
June 15th, 2009, 20:43
thanks for this gypsy its exactly the same as mine still i won't appear in the addon menu i'm so gutted about this!!

are you looking in FSX scenery addons??? if so - thats the wrong place

start a free flight- right mouse click - uncheck 'hide menu bar'

on the far right of the bar you should see 'addons'

click on it

peter12213
June 16th, 2009, 03:47
thats where it won't come up i'm looking in the right place but it just doesn't appear in the addon menu box

peter12213
June 16th, 2009, 03:54
thats what i ddid still it doesn't appear and to gypsy its no problem about the code mate what was there was what i needed so thanks still no luck with it yet the damn thing lol :banghead: