PDA

View Full Version : EAA AirAdventure Golden west Fly in and airshow

Daveroo
June 13th, 2009, 23:16
great day..show is friday to sunday night..but we only went today..several planes ive never seen before of even heard of were there.a CASA 1.131 which said Bucker 131 on it,small lil thing but awesome...a rats nest of the new light sports planes..not sure thats the correct word,but they were there in force and while there talking to one salesman..he knew i wasnt looking to buy..but took the time to show my father and i inside and out of this plane its N982SA,Flight design CTLSA,showed us the engine,even let me see if i could squeeze in..i didget my rather large backside securly placed in the bottom of the bucket..my feet were to wide (side by side) to work the rudder peddels...everyone got a kik out of that...Just a reminder..my dad is 6'2" 320pounds..im 6'4" 420 pounds...thisguy swore it had a powerfull enough engine to fly us both..LOL.:isadizzy:
i forgot to tell ya as the guy was talkin to us and we were crackin jokes back and forth...to behonest im not sure if he was flirtin with either me or my dad...lol...this other guy walks up..wearin dirty blue jeans with wornout knees and paint n dirt on his shirt...and he pulls out a check,writes a check for $65,000.00 american and ordered his plane..says..no i want it built for me thank you.....lol
there was a beautiful aviat huskey in blue n white..18 arecoupes in all...said it was a club meating as well as an EAA gathering.only 5 AT6/SNJ/Harvard flew but there were a total of 12 there..2 T28s one P-51..one HU16 Albatros,one AT6 texan II..BT13,two almost identical steerman model 75 ..they had some of the markings the same....the one guy was having his relettered so it didnt match the other one..they "restored and ID the same plane..how often you see that?

one more lil story i enjoied...when talking to a relitively young couple..he seemed to be late 40s..she was early 40s...(my age whine n snivel)..very nice...this was early in the day...they had arrived in the morning i heard them on m y scanner about 6:30am..i started talkin to them around 9am.
i asked the guy what the differance was between the two planes was?..one plane had steerman 13 on it..but it didnt look right to me and the other said model 75 and i reqognized it from FS9 model 75.so the guy says..they both 75s and tells me about the lettering thing and he shows me..right then the other couple come back to thier plane and they have a painter with them,and he goes to work.this guy and i continued to talk and i seemed to impress him with my "knowlage" not of planes and how the work"geeky/techie stuff" but of flying...i asked hom much of a handfull in real life it is since it has a tendancy to want to ground loop in FS....he says..how many time you do it? i said once and learned my lesson..told him how i corrected it and that flatout impressed him...he says..imma go buy a flight simulator now...loltold him about SOH see if he comes in...talked to a guy named micheal hoop or hooper,anyway..he helped to provide our wildBILL lionheart to put the epic LT together...and the guy had flown to the show in Bill elliotts (nascar star) epic Lt N9BE

there was also an aerocar there..serial number 4..last one not in a museum.as a caviat it is being based in auburn california at auburn aviation services for the summer for work thats being done to it..and it is airworthy...he fley it to yuba coulnt and will fly it back to auburn.

ive bored you enough....ill try some pics now Dave
was a

Daveroo
June 13th, 2009, 23:20
i hope some one builds a model of that "egg" N94Y in the upper set of pics or the N353..those are fasssssssssst lil planes

Daveroo
June 13th, 2009, 23:47
some more

TomSteber
June 14th, 2009, 03:25
Looks like you guys had a great day. Nice shots!
I don't think I've ever seen an Ercoupe painted like that.
That "egg shaped" plane I believe is a fixed gear version of a Venture.
They were popular in the late 80's i want to say. Maybe 90's. FAST!