PDA

View Full Version : USS Nimitz released

Pages : [1] 2 3

Thrawn
June 13th, 2009, 19:13
At last, after of many months in the works I've completed my Nimitz project! Iīd like to thank everyone here at SOH who has helped me thru-out the last weeks:ernae:

You can download it from here http://rapidshare.com/files/244292384/USS_NIMITZ_IKE.rar and within a couple of days from Flightsim, Avsim and all the usual sites. Iīve included some new features and details since last beta. There are so many configurations that you can virtually simulate a six month deployment :) Hope you enjoy it!

See you on the flight deck,
Javier

P.S. There are some surprises hidden inside the carrier, I recommend you to download EZwalk camera ;)

MudMarine
June 13th, 2009, 19:22
Downloading!! :applause::ernae::jump:

VCN-1
June 13th, 2009, 19:24
Downloading also.

VCN-1

Boomer
June 13th, 2009, 19:29
Ditto :jump::ernae::applause:

BananaBob
June 13th, 2009, 19:32
Thanks Javier for making FSX soooo much better! :ernae: :medals::medals:

djscoo
June 13th, 2009, 19:42
:icon_eek: We're not worthy...We're not worthy!

I'm leaving to go canoeing in N. Minnesota tomorrow morning so I'll have to enjoy this when I get back. It'll give me a reason to keep paddling lol.

Ian Warren
June 13th, 2009, 19:51
I'm going in :jump: ... maybe a few bouncy landings , Super Big Thankyou Javier :medals:

MudMarine
June 13th, 2009, 19:53
INSTALLATION:

1-copy cvn_68_69.cfg into 'conf.d' folder inside your 'Aicarriers' installation

OK someone point me to the 'Aicarries' installation........can't find it?

MCDesigns
June 13th, 2009, 19:54
AWESOME!! thanks so much for the gift!!! :ernae:

CG_1976
June 13th, 2009, 19:59
INSTALLATION:

1-copy cvn_68_69.cfg into 'conf.d' folder inside your 'Aicarriers' installation

OK someone point me to the 'Aicarries' installation........can't find it?

Im in the same boat as mud, could someone point or list the link to the proggy Aicarriers please.

Epsillon
June 13th, 2009, 20:01
You did an amazing work, Javier!:applause::applause::applause:
Thank you.:ernae:

Stephan

LTCSZ
June 13th, 2009, 20:04
Can't find "AICarriers" stuff either...Help!

Steve

Agung
June 13th, 2009, 20:23
Downloading... I hope this beast will fit in my pool :wavey:

Thanks a million for this beautiful, beautiful carrier :icon29::icon29::icon29:

Gents the AICarriers can be found here: Check Australia Post Catalogue (https://www.ladysavings.com/publix-weekly-ad/?australia-post/) and Jaycar Catalogue (https://www.ladysavings.com/publix-weekly-ad/?jaycar/). http://www.simviation.com/fsxscenery10.htm --'tis the penultimate file on the page. :icon_lol:

piperarcherpilot
June 13th, 2009, 20:24
Just like a lot of other good stuff, AI Carriers was on Avsim. Search for aicar2r2.zip (http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=117584) at flightsim.com to get the add-in.

Downloading too! Cant wait!

EDIT: I knew someone would beat me to it! ;)

wilycoyote4
June 13th, 2009, 20:25
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=16679&page=3
this thread is the beta thread and contains information on using AICarriers, reply #59, may be helpful.

If it is installed the the path is program files/AICarriers/conf.d

If you don't have it http://lc0277.nerim.net/wiki/index.php?software

Rezabrya
June 13th, 2009, 20:39
I keep getting an error whenever I try to run AIcarriers. Anyone know what this could be?

wilycoyote4
June 13th, 2009, 20:48
I keep getting an error whenever I try to run AIcarriers. Anyone know what this could be?

Do you have Java installed ? Do you have Vista? Vista requires an extra installation procedure if I recall correctly.

jdhaenens
June 13th, 2009, 20:53
Looks even better, Javier.

Thanks!

Jim

Rezabrya
June 13th, 2009, 21:03
I actually have Win7 64 Bit. Yes Java is installed but I don't think I installed simconnect...do I need that?

wilycoyote4
June 13th, 2009, 21:11
I actually have Win7 64 Bit. Yes Java is installed but I don't think I installed simconnect...do I need that?

I don't know about Windows 7. I think simconnect is already there. Check the readme on installation of AICarriers, I think there is a note on Vista which may apply to 7. I'll do some checking in the morning. Lidl Offers (https://www.ladysavings.com/publix-weekly-ad/?lidl/) is just one of the tools to improve your deal hunting skills this week.

I should think others will post more helpful info soon.

piperarcherpilot
June 13th, 2009, 21:48
Just amazing. Thanks a lot! You put microsoft to shame! ;) Do I hear "Freeware developer of the Millennium award??"

:applause:

http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt91/PiperArcherPilot/Carrier.jpg

(A little photoshop work)

Gatorlph11
June 13th, 2009, 22:23
I had to come on here to say what an outstanding job this really is. The detail is just remarkable. I freaked out when I saw the passageways that look just like the real thing(I'm ex-navy and walked them everyday). It's a bit hard to retain my excitement because I just put it in and I'm ready to go back to it. I just had to show my appreciation for such a work of art. I can't believe it's freeware!! How they did this without a hit in frames is just wonderful. I can go on for a long time but I don't want to bore with my excitement so I will just say a big THANK YOU!!!!!!

J.J. (Gator)

Boomer
June 13th, 2009, 22:38
The man is a wizard & should immediately be lofted to FS demigod status!

Mr.Mugel
June 13th, 2009, 22:55
Wonderful, piece of art, Masterpiece ... those are the words among which Iīd search the Nimitz!

Thank you very much Javier, this is teriffic work!

gajit
June 13th, 2009, 23:38
I had to come on here to say what an outstanding job this really is. The detail is just remarkable. I freaked out when I saw the passageways that look just like the real thing(I'm ex-navy and walked them everyday). It's a bit hard to retain my excitement because I just put it in and I'm ready to go back to it. I just had to show my appreciation for such a work of art. I can't believe it's freeware!! How they did this without a hit in frames is just wonderful. I can go on for a long time but I don't want to bore with my excitement so I will just say a big THANK YOU!!!!!!

J.J. (Gator)

I agree - a work of art :jump:

tigisfat
June 13th, 2009, 23:51
I've repeated this several times, and I don't have the option to place these carriers. All I get are tons of default carriers. hmmm. I REALLY want to figure this out. This is pretty cool looking.

Mithrin
June 14th, 2009, 01:28
Absolutely outstanding!

tigisfat
June 14th, 2009, 01:50
I reinstalled it and it all works now. I wish there was a way to permanently place the carriers though. Anyway, this is one of the greatest things to happen to us in a long time!!

http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt32/walkeramerican/screenshots/2009-6-14_4-2-21-633.jpg

http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt32/walkeramerican/screenshots/2009-6-14_4-27-5-75.jpg

http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt32/walkeramerican/screenshots/2009-6-14_4-14-57-682.jpg

res non verba
June 14th, 2009, 01:56
wow outstanding work!!! :medals:

:monkies:

thanks

JT8D-9A
June 14th, 2009, 03:10
Really amazing work. Many thanks! :medals::applause::gameon:

EDIT:
@tigisfat
You need the GUID (modelconverterX) and a XML file with the model and placement data (see SDK) and then you can compile a bgl.
I have to replace all the terrible default carriers :running:

jimjones
June 14th, 2009, 04:35
Incredible, fantastic, beautiful. Thank you Javier for your wonderful gift to the sim community. Also thanks for forcing an introduction to aircarriers which I have upto now ignored. So then thanks to Lamont Clark for this amazing ability to place ships.

This has been a quick learning experience this morn, to download a rar file and wonder what to do with it. Found 7-zip on the internet and used it to decompress the rar file. Downloaded aicar2r2 and installed it. Started the ai program, and looked for new carriers in the airplane selection menu. DUH. Hey I was learning. Fortunately I looked up on the FSX menu and realized the ai program might be in the add-ons. An wow. What a carrier.

Can't wait to get back from church to fully investigate all the features.

Jim

VCN-1
June 14th, 2009, 05:52
What an incredible package.

I just did a flight from Jim Dhaenens' NASP using Dino Cattaneo's T-45C , rsgunner's VT-86 texture out to Javier's carrier set up for T-45 quals.

3 different designers who created 3 independent packages that when used together will provide incredible enjoyment for the Naval Aviator junkie.
Thanks for the VT-86 texture rsgunner

BTW trapped the 4 wire and then proceeded to taxi off the deck. :icon_lol:
Not good!

Got to do something about securing the rudder peddles so they don't slide all over the floor.:redface:

Thanks guys!

VCN-1

MCDesigns
June 14th, 2009, 06:09
After a couple more hours with this addon this morning I am still amazed at how great a package it is. As a modeler myself, what really stands out for me are the textures, they put this in a whole other league, well done !!!! :medals:

BTW the seahawk along side is a really nice touch!

Bjoern
June 14th, 2009, 06:14
Now to get this to work without Acceleration...:kilroy:

GypsyBaron
June 14th, 2009, 07:06
I reinstalled it and it all works now. I wish there was a way to permanently place the carriers though. Anyway, this is one of the greatest things to happen to us in a long time!!

Check out Lamont Clarks AI Boat Utility ( the same
author as aicarriers2 ).

That program will let you define sailing routes for ships
using Google Earth and then compile the files into
a traffic BGL file.

Thus, you will always have the ship(s) present, sailing their route(s) on a schedule you define.

Paul

noddy
June 14th, 2009, 07:32
Simply STUNNING :applause:

Kavehpd
June 14th, 2009, 07:35
Absolute work of art. Very well done.

JT8D-9A
June 14th, 2009, 07:51
It's so insanely detailed but very performance friendly. A true masterpiece :applause:

It would be great if we could collect a list of sceneries which are containing placements of static carriers so that we can replace them. I already replaced the ugly default carrier in all boat traffic BGLs and for the JustFlight Mil traffic. Works perfectly and i got no performance hit :jump: Thanks again to all involved! :medals:

dswo
June 14th, 2009, 08:06
It would be great if we could collect a list of sceneries which are containing placements of static carriers so that we can replace them. I already replaced the ugly default carrier in all boat traffic BGLs and for the JustFlight Mil traffic.

This is an excellent plan.

Seaking055
June 14th, 2009, 08:27
Need some help please

Downloaded and installed everything no problem. When I go to run the AI carrier program I'm getting all these Java and sim connect errors. Checked Java on my system and I have the latest 1.6

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b286/seaking55/Picture26-1.jpg

I have the 68-69 cfg in the correct folder in the AIC prog. Anyone any ideas ?

Thanks

noddy
June 14th, 2009, 08:37
And when you get the landing a little bit wrong, look where you end up! :monkies:

IanP
June 14th, 2009, 08:40
Ensure you have the full install of Java - not just the Run Time Environment. Unless you use the full version, it doesn't work. I just went through exactly the same problem, getting it to work on Vista64. After installing the full version of Java, it worked fine.

jymp
June 14th, 2009, 08:56
Checking my Control Panel/Programs folder I see I have only the Java Runtime Environment installed, what would be the link to install the full version, I checked the Java site but see there are several versions, which version/link do we need for the Nimitz to work properly ?

CG_1976
June 14th, 2009, 09:05
Check out Lamont Clarks AI Boat Utility ( the same
author as aicarriers2 ).

That program will let you define sailing routes for ships
using Google Earth and then compile the files into
a traffic BGL file.

Thus, you will always have the ship(s) present, sailing their route(s) on a schedule you define.

Paul

Are you saying this tool can used with a KML route and compilied to a bgl? If so im seriously interested in some tips on use. Been wanting a few carrier routes in the Caribbean ncluding on that circumnavigates Cuba deploying out of Roosevelt Roads NAS.

Rezabrya
June 14th, 2009, 09:11
here is the error I am getting. I don't know why this isn't working.
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/1713/errorlts.jpg

Mr.Mugel
June 14th, 2009, 09:12
Just a question, slightly OT, but maybe worth it...donīt know exactly how it works with AI Boats, would it be possible to assign a route, place the aircraft on deck of the moving ship, and save the flight, so that you can load on deck? Or maybe saving when the ship is still on the starting point? Maybe I got a wrong Idea, if the ships use slightly different routes, but it would be nice if itīd work, I think...

Now, off to go trapping...

papab
June 14th, 2009, 09:21
Checking my Control Panel/Programs folder I see I have only the Java Runtime Environment installed, what would be the link to install the full version, I checked the Java site but see there are several versions, which version/link do we need for the Nimitz to work properly ?

Go here:
http://www.java.com/en/

Click"do I have Java" and it will let you know what to load...

I did, works great!
Rick

SkippyBing
June 14th, 2009, 09:23
Just a question, slightly OT, but maybe worth it...donīt know exactly how it works with AI Boats, would it be possible to assign a route, place the aircraft on deck of the moving ship, and save the flight, so that you can load on deck? Or maybe saving when the ship is still on the starting point? Maybe I got a wrong Idea, if the ships use slightly different routes, but it would be nice if itīd work, I think...

Yes, but you need to manually edit the saved flight to change the aircraft on ground value from true to false. Otherwise when you load the flight it puts you at sea level which is a bit terminal.

Rezabrya
June 14th, 2009, 09:26
Ok I have the recomended install of java but I still get the error. It mostly says stuff about simconnect. anyone know what it could be?

jojohnson9
June 14th, 2009, 09:29
This ship is everything all the previous posts say and then some!!! I'm not getting any slowdown...framerates are great.
Only one slight problem, I gotta send all my other AI carriers to the reserve fleet , 'cause I ain't gonna need them no more. :applause::applause::applause:

Tim_Horton
June 14th, 2009, 09:32
Did you just sink my ship...

wilycoyote4
June 14th, 2009, 09:35
I don't know but offer a thought about replacing the AI Acceleration carriers. The missions use the default. Can this be changed?

Roger
June 14th, 2009, 09:38
Well I've downloaded the full java 6 bundle, updated to v 14 and reinstalled AI carriers. OS Vista Home Premium (32 bit) and I get this error message, which is the same error message as I got when I installed AI carriers the first time??

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/java_error.jpg

Rezabrya
June 14th, 2009, 09:52
Finally got it installed and I gotta say...This thing is amazing. Great job on this bad boy.
Roger I had that same error and what i did to solve it was open up the FSX disc and explore it. I copied the simconnect.dll and put it into my main FSX folder. I then ran the AIcarriers app and it worked fine. Try that and see if it works. Also, I was wondering if anyone could tell me where I can download the T-45 by Dino?

papab
June 14th, 2009, 10:13
Finally got it installed and I gotta say...This thing is amazing. Great job on this bad boy.
Roger I had that same error and what i did to solve it was open up the FSX disc and explore it. I copied the simconnect.dll and put it into my main FSX folder. I then ran the AIcarriers app and it worked fine. Try that and see if it works. Also, I was wondering if anyone could tell me where I can download the T-45 by Dino?
Here;
http://rapidshare.com/files/228303748/T45CV180.zip

Rezabrya
June 14th, 2009, 10:15
thanks man.

Seaking055
June 14th, 2009, 10:36
Me too Roger, haven't a clue here, did the java update, reinstalled AIC, rebooted getting mostly the same error with xp sp3. Can anyone shine a light ???

Well I've downloaded the full java 6 bundle, updated to v 14 and reinstalled AI carriers. OS Vista Home Premium (32 bit) and I get this error message, which is the same error message as I got when I installed AI carriers the first time??

Shylock
June 14th, 2009, 10:48
Wow the hangar bay looks insane. Out standing job.

Seaking055
June 14th, 2009, 10:51
Yup, I'm lost lol........AIC just doesn't want to play with Java on my system.....hopefully someone will come up with an answer.

dswo
June 14th, 2009, 10:57
Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Navy Chief
June 14th, 2009, 11:21
Javier,

Thank you so very much for your wonderful creation. I have not installed it yet, but hope to soon. This aircraft carrier is the most detailed I have ever seen in flight simulation. It is the perfect site for all the USN aircraft I have flown (and will fly) in FSX.

Ron (Prowler) are you reading this? The SLUF will be right at home on the Nimitz......

Attached are some real-life shots of the Nimitz......

GO Navy

GO NAVAIR.....

Navy Chief

Mr.Mugel
June 14th, 2009, 11:43
I think it is pretty interesting, that this one has working elevators...last time I heard something about them, I figuered it would be impossible...

One more time: Thank you so much for such a great ship!

tigisfat
June 14th, 2009, 11:44
Here's what takes this work past perfection and over the top:

The texturing. They've used simple and low res textures and applied great coloring and shadowing so that it looks perfect with highly detailed user aircraft. This REALLY makes the difference. Many great models are covered with cartoony textures, and it ruins them. My hat is truly off to these men.

Anneke
June 14th, 2009, 11:44
Wow, what a great job. I thought it was payware! Thanks you very the great gift. It's much appreciated!!! :icon29::medals:

Gdavis101
June 14th, 2009, 11:56
Simply awesome! Thank you.

Seaking055
June 14th, 2009, 11:56
Grrrrrrrrr ok I've checked the sim connect folders and all 3 of them have the simconnect.dll in them so that rules that out.

I've Re and Re AIC 3 times now, made sure I have the latest Java 6.14 and still can't get AIcarrier to work, just keeps timing out with Java etc etc, is the owner of this wee prog in this forum could maybe offer some advice please.

Thanks

tigisfat
June 14th, 2009, 11:57
http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt32/walkeramerican/screenshots/2009-6-14_4-14-57-682.jpg

http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt32/walkeramerican/screenshots/2009-6-14_4-18-41-168.jpg

papab
June 14th, 2009, 12:03
I think it is pretty interesting, that this one has working elevators...last time I heard something about them, I figuered it would be impossible...

One more time: Thank you so much for such a great ship!

Question: I landed once and heard the 1MC announce flight ops.
Since then I have not had any sound

Was there a manual I missed somewhere?

I already deleted the file after downloading

Rick

alpine
June 14th, 2009, 12:05
Hey, Javafighters, just ignore those erreormessages, you donīt have to execute any aicarrierfiles!
Install, open FSX , go flying at the sea, hit alt-key,at addons are the carriers.

cheers,Thilo

Roger
June 14th, 2009, 12:12

Thanks for the suggestion Raptor11 but unfortunately it didn't cure the issue. I hate these little apps when they just don't work! I checked the exe.xml and the entry is per the example, so it's just the java app that's fubar.

Seaking055
June 14th, 2009, 12:18
Well well I learn something new every day with the alt key up popped all the AI carries configs, and correct long as your over the sea up she pops.
My what an amazing piece of work, gonna have some fun with this on this evening.

Thanks for the tip, I'll just leave the Java thing alone.

Hey, Javafighters, just ignore those erreormessages, you donīt have to execute any aicarrierfiles!
Install, open FSX , go flying at the sea, hit alt-key,at addons are the carriers.

cheers,Thilo

JT8D-9A
June 14th, 2009, 12:27
This is an excellent plan.
A time consuming plan :icon_lol:
I decided to remove all static carriers and to place them pseudo static via the boat traffic compiler tool so that the catapults are working. I only use the "Port visit Man the Rails" version as static object (e.g. in Jim's North Island NAS).

Sceneries with ugly default carriers:
SOCAL MegaSceneryX:
in FSX-SOCAL-OBJECTS.bgl

Jim's North Island NAS (KNZY)
in Carrier.bgl

here is a list of FSX' default placements of carriers: http://www.simtours.net/defaultaircraftcarrier.php

Ugly default carriers in traffic BGLs:
XPACK:
trafficCarriers.bgl

In Chris' Movie Maker Studio & Tour:
in trafficCarriersMMS2.bgl

In Aerosoft's Helgoland:
TrafficSea2_Helgoland.bgl

And in many "GPS Carriers" sceneries..
I'm sure there are many others..

But now, i have to replace the carriers in missions:running:

Rezabrya
June 14th, 2009, 12:28
Could anyone tell me where I can find some US Navy paints for the X load F-18D?

Rojan
June 14th, 2009, 12:42
Nimitz (and AiCarrier2) are fantastic payware....oops I mean freeware! Still can't believe that! I have never seen such attention to detail in freeware before.

For those having a problem with the Java error of AIcarrier2 - I had the same error until I realised that you have to start FSX first before loading the Aicarrier program otherwise it doesn't connect. Well this is what worked for me anyway.

Seriously, somebody has to give Javier an award or something, it's truly incredible!

Cheers

Rhydian

IanP
June 14th, 2009, 12:46
I got two VFA-103 (Hi-vis and lo-vis) schemes from the Captain Sim website. Then got highly narked as I trapped across the back of a VFA-41 model on the deck. OK, so they fly the FA-18F Super Bug twin seater in the real world, but I might have to beg someone for a repaint of the CS Hornet D in Black Aces colours, anyway... ;)

I'm sorry, I can't help more with the simconnect problem - it appears that the "full" install we did to make it work was actually of the Firefox version of Java, which I can't see for the life of me how it would help outside the browser. Therefore I suspect it was a corrupted file on my system that was fixed by installing the browser software rather than me installing anything different.

This carrier is phenomenal. Thanks very very much indeed!

papab
June 14th, 2009, 13:03
At last, after of many months in the works I've completed my Nimitz project! Iīd like to thank everyone here at SOH who has helped me thru-out the last weeks:ernae:

You can download it from here http://rapidshare.com/files/244292384/USS_NIMITZ_IKE.rar and within a couple of days from Flightsim, Avsim and all the usual sites. Iīve included some new features and details since last beta. There are so many configurations that you can virtually simulate a six month deployment :) Hope you enjoy it!

See you on the flight deck,
Javier

P.S. There are some surprises hidden inside the carrier, I recommend you to download EZwalk camera ;)

Javier,
Your talents are first class. I am honored to use your program and freeware to boot!!!!
It is the dedicated individuals like yourself that spend many ,many hours toiling over software to make the Flight Sim World even more enjoyable......You are with out a doubt a Master in Design....

My hat is off to you and all of the Freeware Designers out there that make sure we will have FSX for many years to come..

Thank you !
Rick
Tampa,FL

Roger
June 14th, 2009, 13:12
Well well I learn something new every day with the alt key up popped all the AI carries configs, and correct long as your over the sea up she pops.
My what an amazing piece of work, gonna have some fun with this on this evening.

Thanks for the tip, I'll just leave the Java thing alone.

What am I missing? If I press the alt key whilst in flight over sea, I just get the top menu.

CG_1976
June 14th, 2009, 13:21
Ok the AiCarrier proggy is complete fubar in W7 64 Ultimate. Who knows how to explain or write a simplified tut on kml routeing of this fine carrier using google earth and the traffic compilier.

hawkdriver
June 14th, 2009, 13:47
Are the JBDs self triggered, or am I missing a step to get them to rise?

HAWKDRIVER

Rezabrya
June 14th, 2009, 13:54
It is just like the default carrier. You press Shift+U to lower the attacher thingy on the plane. Then you press Shift+I to attach to the catapult. Then the JBD's will rise and you throttle up and then hit Shift+Spacebar to launch. Sorry for not being more specific with my terminology...lol.

Seaking055
June 14th, 2009, 13:55
Roger once you hit the alt key you should see in the menu at the top "add ons" if you put your cursor on that it will say aicarriers hit that then you will see like an ATC window comes up with all the options you can choose, my first one was 1 mile ahead and up she pops in the sea. Then once you have the ship/ships on the sea you can then make them
move, they do about 25kts so It's much better landing on a moving carrier.

Hope that helps, took me a min or so to get it.

What am I missing? If I press the alt key whilst in flight over sea, I just get the top menu.

navychief8
June 14th, 2009, 14:02
Could someone attach a copy of thier EXE file. I can not get AICarriers to load and can not figuire out where my EXE file is to edit. Thanks

Roger
June 14th, 2009, 14:03
Roger once you hit the alt key you should see in the menu at the top "add ons" if you put your cursor on that it will say aicarriers hit that then you will see like an ATC window comes up with all the options you can choose, my first one was 1 mile ahead and up she pops in the sea. Then once you have the ship/ships on the sea you can then make them
move, they do about 25kts so It's much better landing on a moving carrier.

Hope that helps, took me a min or so to get it.

Thanks Seaking but all I have under add-ons is FSUIPC and Gen Thumbnail

peter12213
June 14th, 2009, 14:04
that looks amaising!!

Dino Cattaneo
June 14th, 2009, 14:06
Javier,

my most sincere compliments for the release of these beautiful carriers. They add a lot of value and fun to FSX and they provide a fantastic home for my T-45Cs and the upcoming F-14D

By the way, I will release an updated version of the T-45C porbably tomorrow, with minor enhancements in all areas - the biggest changes being cockpit night lighting and self shadowing.

The F-14D is almost ready, external model is ready and so is the flight model. The cockpit visually complete but it is still missing some functionality. I will probably release it before the next weekend.

Anyway, thanks for a truly oustanding add-on - one of the greatest contributions to virtual naval aviation ever.:applause:

peter12213
June 14th, 2009, 14:16
yeah all we need is your cat now Dino!!

JT8D-9A
June 14th, 2009, 14:33
Ok the AiCarrier proggy is complete fubar in W7 64 Ultimate. Who knows how to explain or write a simplified tut on kml routeing of this fine carrier using google earth and the traffic compilier.
It works perfectly under Vista/Win7 64. You only need the 32Bit Java runtime (http://javadl.sun.com/webapps/download/AutoDL?BundleId=31620)(first, deinstall any existing Java version) and you have to modify the exe.xml.
For you and for navychief8, i attached an exe.xml (rename txt to XML and change the path of aicarriers.exe inside the xml).
The exe.xml is in the same folder as your dll.xml and FSX.cfg. If you already have an exe.xml, check for missing entries.

peter12213
June 14th, 2009, 14:42
I can't find the right section under the addon menu either all i see is the fsuipc gauge! can soemone not just make a couple of routes and post em lol!

Seaking055
June 14th, 2009, 14:49
I can't believe the detail he's got on this, even below decks and I've only just started to play with this one.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b286/seaking55/Picture29.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b286/seaking55/Picture31.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b286/seaking55/Picture32.jpg

Bone
June 14th, 2009, 14:53
Just got it, and did some traps and cats. Absolutely fantastic.

papab
June 14th, 2009, 14:53
AT-6 on the Flight Deck...

Kavehpd
June 14th, 2009, 14:55

Mmm, Kestrel soup! :icon_lol:

peter12213
June 14th, 2009, 15:01
still can't get it working its just not showing in the addon menu!

CG_1976
June 14th, 2009, 15:07
Ditto for me cant get it going. I need a KML traffic ship route specialist please.

Thrawn
June 14th, 2009, 15:19
Question: I landed once and heard the 1MC announce flight ops.
Since then I have not had any sound

Was there a manual I missed somewhere?

I already deleted the file after downloading

Rick

It's a last minute touch I added to create a more inmersive experience. Every 15 minutes aprox. the 1MC announces flight ops.

And now for something completely different, I found a couple of minor bugs right after I upladed the package (present in 3 deck setups) They are not really important, but if you want to download an updated version here's the new link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/244372097/USS_NIMITZ_IKE.rar

I guess in a couple of days it will be up at Flightsim.com too. Iīm sorry for the inconvenience, the amount of configurations to be tested was overwhelming.

It makes me really happy to see that you are enjoying my new toys, thanks a lot for all your kind words!!!

The story of this project goes back to last November. I had kind of left behind my days as a FS developer by that time, but some events made me change my mind. I spent the entire month of November on vacation in the US. I was lucky to have a tour aboard USS Bataan in NY and a couple of weeks later see closely USS Ronald Reagan as she was entering Pearl Harbor. Next week I spent a whole day aboard the USS Midway museum in San Diego. Being Navy buff, when I disembarked I was so fascinated that I decided inmediately I was going to start working on a new carrier for FSX as soon as I get back home:)

Javier

SkippyBing
June 14th, 2009, 15:42
Assuming attachments are now working there should be a zip with this post!
Place the bgl in it in the Scenery/World/Scenery directory and start FSX. You should now have the Nimitz with deck configuration 2 departing San Diego at ~1000 local (actually 1700 GMT so it's daylight saving dependant), she'll sail up the coast past LA and turn round making a ~20 hour round trip ready to start again next morning.

navychief8
June 14th, 2009, 15:52
Thanks JT8D-9A for your assistance. Everything is working great. Javier, I don't know what to say, as an Active Duty Chief Petty Officer I salute you. You have done the Navy right by your work.

papab
June 14th, 2009, 15:53
It's a last minute touch I added to create a more inmersive experience. Every 15 minutes aprox. the 1MC announces flight ops.

And now for something completely different, I found a couple of minor bugs right after I upladed the package (present in 3 deck setups) They are not really important, but if you want to download an updated version here's the new link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/244372097/USS_NIMITZ_IKE.rar

I guess in a couple of days it will be up at Flightsim.com too. Iīm sorry for the inconvenience, the amount of configurations to be tested was overwhelming.

It makes me really happy to see that you are enjoying my new toys, thanks a lot for all your kind words!!!

The story of this project goes back to last November. I had kind of left behind my days as a FS developer by that time, but some events made me change my mind. I spent the entire month of November on vacation in the US. I was lucky to have a tour aboard USS Bataan in NY and a couple of weeks later see closely USS Ronald Reagan as she was entering Pearl Harbor. Next week I spent a whole day aboard the USS Midway museum in San Diego. Being Navy buff, when I disembarked I was so fascinated that I decided inmediately I was going to start working on a new carrier for FSX as soon as I get back home:)

Javier
Javier,
Do I uninstall the original install ?

Is this just an update file?
Thanks,
Rick

You should be working for Pixar Studios my friend!!!!!!
Unbeliveable work on this project!!!
Thanks,
Rick
Tampa,Fl

Seaking055
June 14th, 2009, 15:57
Roger, the only other thing I did was take the latest simconnect.dll from my windows/sysx folder and copy it to my main fsx directory, then all was well.

Thanks to all for the posts here, to some it was easy but to people like me not so easy right off the bat.

That's why this forum is the first site I visit in the morning to see what's going on.......thanks again.

Thanks Seaking but all I have under add-ons is FSUIPC and Gen Thumbnail

jimjones
June 14th, 2009, 15:58
Javier,

my most sincere compliments for the release of these beautiful carriers. They add a lot of value and fun to FSX and they provide a fantastic home for my T-45Cs and the upcoming F-14D

By the way, I will release an updated version of the T-45C porbably tomorrow, with minor enhancements in all areas - the biggest changes being cockpit night lighting and self shadowing.

The F-14D is almost ready, external model is ready and so is the flight model. The cockpit visually complete but it is still missing some functionality. I will probably release it before the next weekend.

Anyway, thanks for a truly oustanding add-on - one of the greatest contributions to virtual naval aviation ever.:applause:

Your planes are fantastic. Looking forward to the new releases.

Roger
June 14th, 2009, 16:09
Roger, the only other thing I did was take the latest simconnect.dll from my windows/sysx folder and copy it to my main fsx directory, then all was well.

Thanks to all for the posts here, to some it was easy but to people like me not so easy right off the bat.

That's why this forum is the first site I visit in the morning to see what's going on.......thanks again.

It must be a Vista problem. The only folders in windows like that are System and system 32.

Oh well this addon looks fantastic but I've yet to find a way of seeing it for myself.

VCN-1
June 14th, 2009, 16:37
I had a friend of mine set up the Eisenhower T-45C quals version to do an AI circuit off of NASP.

Sweet! Leave NASP, fly out to the boat, do some traps and fly back.

VCN-1

Thrawn
June 14th, 2009, 16:48
Javier,
Do I uninstall the original install ?

Is this just an update file?
Thanks,
Rick

You should be working for Pixar Studios my friend!!!!!!
Unbeliveable work on this project!!!
Thanks,
Rick
Tampa,Fl

It is an updated version, you can overwrite. BTW, I already work for a 3D animation studio :icon_lol: (I wish it was Pixar)

Javier

Navy Chief
June 14th, 2009, 16:56
I can't believe the detail he's got on this, even below decks and I've only just started to play with this one.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b286/seaking55/Picture29.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b286/seaking55/Picture31.jpg

Check out the blue linoleum! Officer Country! Amazing....

NC

Pronto91
June 14th, 2009, 16:59
I assume Acceleration is needed to get the launch sequence (and traps) to work ... I don't have Acceleration; everything else works. Yes/no?

papab
June 14th, 2009, 17:23
It is an updated version, you can overwrite. BTW, I already work for a 3D animation studio :icon_lol: (I wish it was Pixar)

Javier
Send your resume to Pixar!

EgoR64
June 14th, 2009, 17:24
:ernae: I'm diggin in soon, Loading her up !!

Thanks for the fantastic Carrier !!

:icon29::medals::icon29:

jojohnson9
June 14th, 2009, 17:32
This ship is everything all the previous posts say and then some!!! I'm not getting any slowdown...framerates are great.
Only one slight problem, I gotta send all my other AI carriers to the reserve fleet , 'cause I ain't gonna need them no more. :applause::applause::applause:

I thought I was making a joke, but I now realize I can replace carriers. I've read other posts and now I know I can replace default and other "not so good" carriers with NIMITZ and IKE. I won't replace the HORNET cause I need a great WWII flattop. Can't wait for the ESSEX I've been reading about in other posts.

noshadez
June 14th, 2009, 19:24
Great work Javier.. I have not downloaded yet but will as I get a chance :guinness:.. CongratZ on this superb work! Ron

tigisfat
June 14th, 2009, 20:14
http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt32/walkeramerican/screenshots/2009-6-14_3-55-46-293.jpg

tigisfat
June 14th, 2009, 20:18
http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt32/walkeramerican/screenshots/2009-6-14_4-9-29-791.jpg

http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt32/walkeramerican/screenshots/2009-6-14_4-18-41-168.jpg

http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt32/walkeramerican/screenshots/2009-6-14_4-1-24-18.jpg

CG_1976
June 14th, 2009, 23:51
Could somebody please do a CVN-69 traffic bgl for using Keywest NAS as start going to Gitmo then ending Roosvelt Roads/vice versa please. Ive been beggin for a caribbean carrier.

jimjones
June 15th, 2009, 01:28
It must be a Vista problem. The only folders in windows like that are System and system 32.

Oh well this addon looks fantastic but I've yet to find a way of seeing it for myself.

I have Vista, 32 bit and it works for me. NO special actions taken to get it to work.

Strange, I have two java installations of the runtime. Don't know which one is used but I suspect the one dated later is the one. They are named jre1.60_07 and jre6 (later date).

peter12213
June 15th, 2009, 05:11
Place the bgl in it in the Scenery/World/Scenery directory and start FSX. You should now have the Nimitz with deck configuration 2 departing San Diego at ~1000 local (actually 1700 GMT so it's daylight saving dependant), she'll sail up the coast past LA and turn round making a ~20 hour round trip ready to start again next morning.

can you do any more of these around britain that would be cool!

dougal
June 15th, 2009, 05:27
can you do any more of these around britain that would be cool!

I think you can place them anywhere you like!

I have glitch - I'm seeing the fleet, but have no aircraft on deck.

New to this lark, so could be missing something easy.

Thanks

lawdawg
June 15th, 2009, 06:16
Dougal,
try upping your scenery slider(s) a tad.

dougal
June 15th, 2009, 06:56
Dougal,
try upping your scenery slider(s) a tad.

Owerrr! I'm way up with the sliders now!

dougal
June 15th, 2009, 07:09
I've now got all my scenery sliders maxed out, but I still ain't got no aircraft on deck:-(

Any ideas please?

Meshman
June 15th, 2009, 07:13
I've now got all my scenery sliders maxed out, but I still ain't got no aircraft on deck:-(

Any ideas please?

Are you loading the Empty Deck Configyration? Or one of the others?

dougal
June 15th, 2009, 07:21
Are you loading the Empty Deck Configyration? Or one of the others?

On my drop down list there's no such option???

Also, for information, the link for EZwalk camera in the Readme file is not correct.

No doubt i'll find it from Google tho.....

dougal
June 15th, 2009, 07:39
Are the aircraft part of the addon, or is there a bunch of stuff i'm missing?

Mr.Mugel
June 15th, 2009, 07:53
When selecting the ships you need to press "0" to go to the next page, I only got an empty version on page 1, too. On the next pages you should see all those variations included.

Prowler1111
June 15th, 2009, 08:07
Excelent carrier, but i canīt take off, when i get into the cat shuttle, all i hear is a message, but no blast shields are up, and i canīt make the cat to work, any ideas?
Best regards
Prowler

Kavehpd
June 15th, 2009, 08:34
Excelent carrier, but i canīt take off, when i get into the cat shuttle, all i hear is a message, but no blast shields are up, and i canīt make the cat to work, any ideas?
Best regards
Prowler

Works perfectly fine. Stop near the end of the rectangle where the catapult bogie is. Launch bar down. Attach to the catapult. Launch.

Roger
June 15th, 2009, 08:54

Thanks Skippy,
At least I can see the ships now:ernae: Fabulous modeling!:applause:

jpmes
June 15th, 2009, 09:06
What can I say... Thank You to Lamont Clark (AI Carriers) and Javier Fernandez and Sylvain Parouty for imho one of the most amazing combination of freeware addons ever.

Jean-Paul

dougal
June 15th, 2009, 09:17
When selecting the ships you need to press "0" to go to the next page, I only got an empty version on page 1, too. On the next pages you should see all those variations included.

Thank you very much. I new it had to something very simple I was missing:applause::applause:

Sometimes i'm just daft, mosly though, i'm just plain stupid:isadizzy:

Thrawn
June 15th, 2009, 10:07
The package is now available at flightsim.com too (http://flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=136217) Dougal95, you are right, the link I provided for Ezwalk Camera is broken, you can get it from here: http://speedskater.ru/download/arccvid/ezdok_walk_cameraV1_22.rar

Javier

dougal
June 15th, 2009, 10:22
The package is now available at flightsim.com too (http://flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=136217) Dougal95, you are right, the link I provided for Ezwalk Camera is broken, you can get it from here: http://speedskater.ru/download/arccvid/ezdok_walk_cameraV1_22.rar

Javier

Thanks got it.

Next really stupid question..... Can anyone tell me how to use EZ Walk. There's no 'Readme' or manual. I don't even know where to put the files:isadizzy:

Ta!

Thrawn
June 15th, 2009, 10:39
Thanks got it.

Next really stupid question..... Can anyone tell me how to use EZ Walk. There's no 'Readme' or manual. I don't even know where to put the files:isadizzy:

Ta!

It's an external application so, just run "EZWC ver 1_22.exe", go to FSX and use the mouse to look around and keyboard arrows, Page up and Down to move. To place a camera on the ground you have to restart FSX.

Javier

JamesChams
June 15th, 2009, 10:40
<!-- skip links for text browsers -->Thank you very much Mr. Javier Fernandez! :medals:

Bjoern
June 15th, 2009, 10:49
I assume Acceleration is needed to get the launch sequence (and traps) to work ... I don't have Acceleration; everything else works. Yes/no?

As I've already said I'm on the same boat.

I want to try some pre-Acceleration utilities for carrier operations when I find the time.

Try them out if you want to:
Arrcab 2.6: arrcab26.zip (Flightsim.com)
Carrier Operation Package:rcbco-30.zip (Flightsim.com)

The only native FSX aircraft for carrier ops I've found so far is Paul Clawson's FH-1: fh1vx2.zip (Flightsim.com)

dougal
June 15th, 2009, 11:29
It's an external application so, just run "EZWC ver 1_22.exe", go to FSX and use the mouse to look around and keyboard arrows, Page up and Down to move. To place a camera on the ground you have to restart FSX.

Javier

Very many thanks

.... and for my next stupid question:jump: How to launch? I'm using the std F/A-18. Tail Hook works. I don't see or hear anything when using 'Shift+I' or 'Shift+Space'. Should I?

Really sorry to sound to dumb, but like i said, i'm completely new with carriers.

ANY tips, suggestions or advice from anyone about using carriers really would be appreciated.

And thank you Javier a most wonderfull addon. I must say, the quality of freeware addons hitting the market now are just outstanding!

Thanks

BOOM
June 15th, 2009, 11:30
What a Beautiful work of art Javier!!! Thank You very much!!:ernae:

jimjones
June 15th, 2009, 12:02
Very many thanks

.... and for my next stupid question:jump: How to launch? I'm using the std F/A-18. Tail Hook works. I don't see or hear anything when using 'Shift+I' or 'Shift+Space'. Should I?

Really sorry to sound to dumb, but like i said, i'm completely new with carriers.

ANY tips, suggestions or advice from anyone about using carriers really would be appreciated.

And thank you Javier a most wonderfull addon. I must say, the quality of freeware addons hitting the market now are just outstanding!

Thanks
Are you using shift + U first to lower the planes launch bar? Then use shift + I then shift + spacebar. The launch shield should rise with the shift + I sequence.

dougal
June 15th, 2009, 12:18
Are you using shift + U first to lower the planes launch bar? Then use shift + I then shift + spacebar. The launch shield should rise with the shift + I sequence.

Yes, that's what i'm doing ( I think )

What about the plane's location - where exactly should it be, and how precise a position does it need to be? Does it matter which launch station?

wilycoyote4
June 15th, 2009, 12:42
put your nosewheel on the black cat launch shuttle
This is a raised object in the launch track, hard to see, perhaps,

lower the cat launch bar, then shift+i which will set the aircraft for launch, and it will raise the jet blast barrier, you increase throttle but probably not too much, then shift+space to catapault

dougal
June 15th, 2009, 12:49
put your nosewheel on the black cat launch shuttle
This is a raised object in the launch track, hard to see, perhaps,

lower the cat launch bar, then shift+i which will set the aircraft for launch, and it will raise the jet blast barrier, you increase throttle but probably not too much, then shift+space to catapault

Many thanks all for your patience. My Shift+U was not working! Now reasigned and all is well for launch!

NEXT (and last for a while - I promise:icon_lol:) Is there a way of starting a flight on the Nimitz, without having to land first:isadizzy:

limjack
June 15th, 2009, 12:53
Installation question on this beyond amazing piece of work:applause::applause::applause:!!!

2-Copy all three folders (Simobjects, Effects and Sound) into you main FSX folder.

what exactly am I copying to all these foulders. I did complete step one without error:isadizzy:

Jim

VFR Alexander
June 15th, 2009, 12:58
Is there a way to get the carriers to follow a GPS route?

SkippyBing
June 15th, 2009, 13:06
Is there a way of starting a flight on the Nimitz, without having to land first

If you've got it following an AI route, slew on to it. Exit slew mode and save the flight.
Open the saved flight file in notepad, it'll be in your My Documents/Flight Simulator X Files folder and has a .FLT extension.
Locate the line

SimOnGround=True

and change true to False, otherwise you start off on the sea surface which is a pain as you die instantly. Now when you load the flight in game you'll be on the deck.

dougal
June 15th, 2009, 13:07
what exactly am I copying to all these foulders.
Jim

Nothing! You are copying the 3 folders INTO the main FSX program folder

wilycoyote4
June 15th, 2009, 13:13

Got it !!! It's great. I notice how the carrier makes turns to get out of the San Diego Harbor. :ernae:

I'm just starting to learn the AIBoat program, or trying to learn. Perhaps this should be a different thread. However, do I need to have Google Earth on the net to make the kml route file? I guess I'm :sleep::sleep::sleep: in class again.

Thunder64
June 15th, 2009, 13:19
Many thanks for this masterpiece Javier :medals::medals:
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/672/nimitz.jpg

overboard4556
June 15th, 2009, 14:52
This thing is beast!!! Amazing! Great job Javier! Is there any way to make the thing flyable? (give it the acceleration carrier panel and sound maybe?)

vet123
June 15th, 2009, 15:09
Thanks so so much, incredible job. :ernae: :applause:

Regards, Rich

limjack
June 15th, 2009, 15:16
Nothing! You are copying the 3 folders INTO the main FSX program folder

After extracting download I get a folder that has the cvn_68_69 (I moved to the Ai carrier folder), readme file and about 40 assorted files. I do not see just a simobjects, effects or sound folder after extracting. Grrrrrr.cant figure out and I have downloaded aircraft before. :isadizzy: I am missing something really simple and I am going to hit myself in the head when I learn what it is. Please help me...... need what you guys have!!

Jim

dougal
June 15th, 2009, 15:19
I guess you have a bum download. You should also have folders mentioned.

Suggest you redownload

PRB
June 15th, 2009, 15:32
Cue the scary music...!

limjack
June 15th, 2009, 15:33
will, give that a shot.

Thanks
Jim

MCDesigns
June 15th, 2009, 16:01
Many thanks for this masterpiece Javier :medals::medals:
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/672/nimitz.jpg

Wow, great shot Thuinder! :ernae:

limjack
June 15th, 2009, 16:18
Can you guys tell me what you are using to extract the "rar" file. any freeware programs? Perhaps this is my issue.

Jim

I downloaded somthing called SuperNZB today since my system would not unzip the downlaod.

MCDesigns
June 15th, 2009, 16:21
Can you guys tell me what you are using to extract the "rar" file. any freeware programs? Perhaps this is my issue.

Jim

winrar is free, http://winrar.ed0wnloads.com/

heywooood
June 15th, 2009, 20:22
I can just look at it all day....

What a truly amazing piece of art - its almost miraculous.:ernae:

heywooood
June 15th, 2009, 20:35
I had a hard time understanding why I couldn't find it in the sim....I installed Aicarriers using the auto installer but could not for the life of me figure out why I couldn't find any carriers in FSX -

Then upon rereading the F'n readme - I realised I was looking in the wrong place.

Its not in the 'add scenery' directory no - you have to go into a free flight...then right click the mouse and uncheck 'hide menu bar'

on the far right it should say 'addons'

click on that and there are the Aicarriers and Groups....cool - be sure to go through all the options - there are many - now close FSX

then you open your Nimitz rar and put the files where they belong per that readme and you are good to go.

If this is remedial for some - sadly it wasn't for me...and maybe it will help someone else

this carrier and the Aicarriers program is worth the effort - far and away the best addons for FSX to date and maybe for a long time to come IMO.

BOOM
June 15th, 2009, 21:04
I'm floored by the detail and the deck options,This is a Naval Aviator's dream!!
Works wonderfully with Dino's new version 1.85 T45 Goshawk!:medals:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/badaboom/fsx2009-06-1523-16-25-08.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/badaboom/fsx2009-06-1523-20-18-60.jpg

noddy
June 15th, 2009, 23:21
Great shots PRB, would be good to have a RA-5 Vigilante to go with that.

rohan
June 15th, 2009, 23:53
Javier,
please can you tell me if the version that's now at flightsim.com is the updated one or the original. At over 100 Mb and only 30 Kbps (at best), I really don't want to have to do this twice,
thanks in advance,
Ro
:isadizzy:

Mithrin
June 16th, 2009, 00:29
Javier, thanks again for these beautiful ships! Love the Airboss and Miniboss chairs and the chalking on the window!:applause:

Have you ever considered doing a slightly older deck layout with tomcats for example? Just a question, no worries, I'm really happy already!:medals:

Thunder64
June 16th, 2009, 00:50
Great great carriers :ernae:
USS Nimitz & USS Eisenhower
Warning 56K
http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/4338/ussnimitzusseisenhower.jpg

Thunder64
June 16th, 2009, 00:51
Great great carriers :ernae:
USS Nimitz & USS Eisenhower
Warning 56k
http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/4338/ussnimitzusseisenhower.jpg

Thrawn
June 16th, 2009, 01:44
Javier,
please can you tell me if the version that's now at flightsim.com is the updated one or the original. At over 100 Mb and only 30 Kbps (at best), I really don't want to have to do this twice,
thanks in advance,
Ro
:isadizzy:

Yes is the same version, but they only accept ZIP files at fligthsim (ZIP is larger than RAR package due to less compression) Yes, Iīm considering a future version with Tomcats and a 80's airwing version, but it will take some time.

Javier

BananaBob
June 16th, 2009, 02:14
Yes is the same version, but they only accept ZIP files at fligthsim (ZIP is larger than RAR package due to less compression) Yes, Iīm considering a future version with Tomcats and a 80's airwing version, but it will take some time.

Javier

These sites that only accept .zip files are really living in the past, with things like winrar and 7zip, you can achieve so much better compression, there must be something I'm missing to why they don't accept other compression methods.:wiggle:

navychief8
June 16th, 2009, 06:57
Will you also still consider doing a CVN73-75 version with the older round main mast:icon_lol: Particularly the USS Harry S Truman CVN-75.:USA-flag:

Bjoern
June 16th, 2009, 07:39
Can you guys tell me what you are using to extract the "rar" file. any freeware programs?

7-Zip.

www.7zip.org

GypsyBaron
June 16th, 2009, 07:46
Is there a way to get the carriers to follow a GPS route?

Well, not a GPS route but if you obtain Lamont Clarks
"AI Boat Utility" you can create routes for your fleets
using Google Earth and compile the ,files into FSX
traffic BGLs. You will then have your fleets sailing your
routes on schedules that you define.

You can then also place your aircraft onboard a carrier
and save the flight so in the future you can reload
it and start a flight without having to land first.

I use both the AI Boat Utility and aicarriers2.

Paul

Henry
June 16th, 2009, 08:08

Rog
go into where the fsx cfg is located
rename the exe.xml
re install aicarriers 2r
its the exe.xml thats giving you an error
i had the same problem but that fixed it
now i cannot use the thumbnail add on
but if you go back and forward to rename
they all work
H

Roger
June 16th, 2009, 08:16
Cheers H!

Roger
June 16th, 2009, 08:41
Ok, I removed the exe.xml and uninstalled AI Carriers. I then reinstalled AI carriers and a new exe.xml was created. However when I run the application I get the same error message.

Java does not like my Vista machine!

Henry
June 16th, 2009, 08:56
I did the full java install
first
i had the same errors
dont run the app
fsx will run it
just check add ons
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b327/henrybaker/nimitz.jpg
H

Henry
June 16th, 2009, 08:59
im running vista also
i thought that was the problem but its not
H

peter12213
June 16th, 2009, 08:59
still no luck with this for me it just won't show in the addon menu even if ive clicked yes to run the program as fsx starts

Henry
June 16th, 2009, 09:01
Go here:
http://www.java.com/en/

Click"do I have Java" and it will let you know what to load...

I did, works great!
Rick
thats the ticket
worked for me also
H:guinness:

Henry
June 16th, 2009, 09:05
The EXE.xml is the starter not the
one in the ai carriers
its been frustrating for me
but at least this ole fart got it to work
if i can anyone can
at least i hope so
id hate it if you where a bigger moron than I
no disrespect
but perseverance does work
good luck
H

Henry
June 16th, 2009, 09:31
Now im having Fun
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b327/henrybaker/add4.jpg

Now to land on it!:173go1:
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b327/henrybaker/add2.jpg
now i need help badly:isadizzy:
LOL
H

Rezabrya
June 16th, 2009, 09:59
Im sorry if I sound dumb but how do you operate the hanger deck elevators?

navy81
June 16th, 2009, 10:18
Javier,
As a retired Naval Aviator, I can tell you that you got it right! Fantastic effort and I join everyone who applauds you.

I do have one question for you or the group - how do you get up into PriFly (tower) and how do you get below deck. Sadly, I'm still trying to figure out the Ezwalk camera utitlity.

Finally, I echo the desire for a Vietnam era CVA from an earlier post. Perhaps a Midway, Coral Sea, Ranger or Connie?
Best regards

Deke
Navy81

wilycoyote4
June 16th, 2009, 10:21
Im sorry if I sound dumb but how do you operate the hanger deck elevators?

As far as I know, the elevator (1 elevator) is timed to raise or lower on its own, that is, there is no command you can make, I could be wrong.

Two screenys at dusk, almost night.

wilycoyote4
June 16th, 2009, 10:42
Yes is the same version, but they only accept ZIP files at fligthsim (ZIP is larger than RAR package due to less compression) Yes, Iīm considering a future version with Tomcats and a 80's airwing version, but it will take some time.Javier

Simviation has the file. Is it the new one with corrected textures?

Thrawn
June 16th, 2009, 11:36
Javier,
As a retired Naval Aviator, I can tell you that you got it right! Fantastic effort and I join everyone who applauds you.

I do have one question for you or the group - how do you get up into PriFly (tower) and how do you get below deck. Sadly, I'm still trying to figure out the Ezwalk camera utitlity.

Finally, I echo the desire for a Vietnam era CVA from an earlier post. Perhaps a Midway, Coral Sea, Ranger or Connie?
Best regards

Deke
Navy81

Thanks Deke, Itīs very rewarding to read these words coming from a real Naval Aviator.

You have two possible ways to get into PriFly and other areas. You can simply use the slew mode ('y' key) or use EZwalk. The link I provided in the readme.txt was wrong, you can get it from here: http://speedskater.ru/download/arccvid/ezdok_walk_cameraV1_22.rar

Then simply run the EXE file and in FSX, select VC view. Use the keyboard arrows, Page up and Down to move and the mouse to look around. Don't forget to disable FSX's own mouse look mode (SHIFT+O)

Wilycoyote, I didn't upload it to Simviation, so I don't know which version are they hosting. As for the elevator, yes you are right, it has a time based animation.

Navychief8, As I said before, Iīm planning to make an 80's version, and AFAIK, it shares the round mast design with CVN71-75. I could re-use it to do these other carriers... but first Iīll release the 1980 version. This new project will take some time, so donīt expect release before 2-3 of months. Next on my list is USS Midway...

Javier

hey_moe
June 16th, 2009, 13:08
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! how come mine don't show all them nice looking jets and all the cool workers:173go1:

Henry
June 16th, 2009, 13:18
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! how come mine don't show all them nice looking jets and all the cool workers:173go1:
they are on strike
H

VFR Alexander
June 16th, 2009, 13:25
How did you get the little vehicle to pull your plane along?

Henry
June 16th, 2009, 13:47
How did you get the little vehicle to pull your plane along?
if you are talking about post 168
it didnt it just drove under me
at the time i took the snap
but that would be cool!
H

VFR Alexander
June 16th, 2009, 13:50
Maybe stoney knows? (Look above).

Bone
June 16th, 2009, 15:03
Can't wait for the Midway you have coming.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj299/theBone11/1-7.jpg

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj299/theBone11/2-5.jpg

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj299/theBone11/3-5.jpg

orionll
June 16th, 2009, 15:12
Great add on! I can't believe the amount of detail in it, it's amazing! I'll probably post some of my screenshots soon...

Edit: Here are the screenshots

Here are some screenshots I took of the new carrier available here: Link (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=17845).

Enjoy ;)!

Exterior:

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt78/orionlyau/screenshots/2009-6-16_15-18-17-741.jpg

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt78/orionlyau/screenshots/2009-6-16_15-18-25-716.jpg

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt78/orionlyau/screenshots/2009-6-16_15-42-15-311.jpg

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt78/orionlyau/screenshots/2009-6-16_15-55-2-795.jpg

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt78/orionlyau/screenshots/2009-6-16_15-57-26-858.jpg

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt78/orionlyau/screenshots/2009-6-16_15-57-34-805.jpg

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt78/orionlyau/screenshots/2009-6-16_15-56-42-733.jpg

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt78/orionlyau/screenshots/2009-6-16_15-57-18-67.jpg

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt78/orionlyau/screenshots/2009-6-16_15-57-52-952.jpg

Part 2 coming...

orionll
June 16th, 2009, 16:09
Exterior (cont.):

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt78/orionlyau/screenshots/2009-6-16_15-57-6-733.jpg

Interior:

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt78/orionlyau/screenshots/2009-6-16_15-52-26-748.jpg

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt78/orionlyau/screenshots/2009-6-16_15-52-55-115.jpg

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt78/orionlyau/screenshots/2009-6-16_15-56-12-617.jpg

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt78/orionlyau/screenshots/2009-6-16_15-21-55-344.jpg

Lower deck:

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt78/orionlyau/screenshots/2009-6-16_15-53-46-789.jpg

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt78/orionlyau/screenshots/2009-6-16_15-54-38-577.jpg

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt78/orionlyau/screenshots/2009-6-16_15-54-54-891.jpg

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt78/orionlyau/screenshots/2009-6-16_15-54-24-801.jpg

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt78/orionlyau/screenshots/2009-6-16_15-55-42-738.jpg

Seahawk72s
June 16th, 2009, 16:16
Hi,
I am having a problem with the gear on the T-45.
Right after lauch I go for gear up and nothing happens.
Pressing "G" no go, and then going into the VC and raising the gear handle, which does go up, still the gear stays down.

Just wondering if others have seen the same..

I fly the Hornet and its fine..

Thanks.

tc

heywooood
June 16th, 2009, 16:26
isn't it just rediculous the amount of detail and the quality combined for just the slightest FPS penalty...practically nil.

I really like the night lighting effects too - perfectly rendered and just the light levels you would expect.

Having the US Navy carriers here at North Island gives me the opportunity to see them lit up and the artist here has nailed it...from the deck lighting to the bridge to the hangar deck - all around the boat - even the deck crews' reflective bands are as they should be.

its just a great example of extreme detail combined with outstanding modeling ability the way it is so well optimized within the confines of the FSX code :ernae:
I am looking forward to more from this Artist - the man has made FSX dance for the Navy flier in all of us I think

Seahawk72s
June 16th, 2009, 16:38
Ahh...I had not raised the tow bar...

JamesChams
June 16th, 2009, 16:54
Javier,

I'm impressed! You've got the Air Boss audibly directing FOD checks and animated tow vehicles. And I read here that the elevators are animated too; 1. what is the time interval for all these animations and which elevator is animated? (I'd like to park my bird on them and be taken below deck, Please).

In addition to that, 2. could you add the carriers Captain, Air Boss, and remaining crow's nest personal to the amazing model? And, while your at it ... a chaplan, some Marines, the mess crew and some enlisted members to the other decks would also be great.

Finally, 3. is there any way you could animate the flight deck crew? I'd like the Yellow Shirts to shoot me off the deck and give me taxi signals, the red shirts to spot check my ammo, the grapes (purple shirts) to fuel me and the green shirts to tow me around on the pushback just like the civilian marshallers of Aerosoft's AES for FSX...
If that's not too much to ask...:isadizzy:

Thank you very very much.
Job Very well done.:applause::medals:

Shylock
June 16th, 2009, 17:08
Javier,

I am at a loss for words here. You guys did one hell of a job on this carrier. The more I tool in and around her I find more and more. Amazing and the fact you made if freeware is awesome. I am sure others agree with what I am about to say but if you were to charge $50+ for this I would plunk the dough down with out blinking an eye. Great job man.

Rezabrya
June 16th, 2009, 17:11
I would too. In fact I can't believe you aren't charging for it. This addon is much higher quality than a lot of payware addons I have.

vet123
June 16th, 2009, 17:39
2 questions please, first off just an incredible peice of work

1. I saved a flight with f-18 ready for take off when I reloaded the saved flight no aircraft carrier present.

2. When I do an instant replay no carrier present to watch landing

any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Regards, Rich

limjack
June 16th, 2009, 18:00
Thanks all, went with the 7z465 to open the RAR file and I got a ship and pegged my first landing...:icon_lol:. I didn't even need the tail hook. But seriously, this is and AWESOME peice of work and will enjoy and show off to my friends.

Jim

doublecool
June 16th, 2009, 18:07
COOL Stuff here...:applause::applause::applause:

once attached to Cat How does one release it?
I read the read me but saw nothing that address's this:kilroy:

orionll
June 16th, 2009, 18:50
COOL Stuff here...:applause::applause::applause:

once attached to Cat How does one release it?
I read the read me but saw nothing that address's this:kilroy:
Shift+Spacebar, just like normal Acceleration carrier ops.

2 questions please, first off just an incredible peice of work

1. I saved a flight with f-18 ready for take off when I reloaded the saved flight no aircraft carrier present.

2. When I do an instant replay no carrier present to watch landing

any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Regards, Rich
The carrier is AI, so you can't see it in replays and when using AICarriers2r2 it's local to each session (it won't come back automatically if you restart the flight).

VFR Alexander
June 16th, 2009, 19:33
Hi,
I am having a problem with the gear on the T-45.
Right after lauch I go for gear up and nothing happens.
Pressing "G" no go, and then going into the VC and raising the gear handle, which does go up, still the gear stays down.

Just wondering if others have seen the same..

I fly the Hornet and its fine..

Thanks.

tc

Press shift + u after taking off, before closing the gear.

MenendezDiego
June 16th, 2009, 20:43
Javier,

I'm impressed! You've got the Air Boss audibly directing FOD checks and animated tow vehicles. And I read here that the elevators are animated too; 1. what is the time interval for all these animations and which elevator is animated? (I'd like to park my bird on them and be taken below deck, Please).

In addition to that, 2. could you add the carriers Captain, Air Boss, and remaining crow's nest personal to the amazing model? And, while your at it ... a chaplan, some Marines, the mess crew and some enlisted members to the other decks would also be great.

Finally, 3. is there any way you could animate the flight deck crew? I'd like the Yellow Shirts to shoot me off the deck and give me taxi signals, the red shirts to spot check my ammo, the grapes (purple shirts) to fuel me and the green shirts to tow me around on the pushback just like the civilian marshallers of Aerosoft's AES for FSX...
If that's not too much to ask...:isadizzy:

Thank you very very much.
Job Very well done.:applause::medals:

nothing is ever enough for you, sheesh!

wilycoyote4
June 16th, 2009, 21:02
.........the elevators are animated too; 1. what is the time interval for all these animations and which elevator is animated? (I'd like to park my bird on them and be taken below deck, Please).

Hi James,
Right rear elevator lowers and raises every few minutes. A Hornet may or may not be on it depending on the ship chosen in the AICarriers menu. The lower hangar deck may be full or empty, again, same reason.

There are screenys of the elevator in the beta thread, as a further reference, if needed.

Hope this helps you.

JamesChams
June 16th, 2009, 21:24
...Hope this helps you.Thank you very much Mr. wilycoyote4 it does. :wavey:

PS: Mr. Javier, Thank you again!:USA-flag:

limjack
June 16th, 2009, 21:42
Wow, there is cool stuff all over this ship. Has anyone found the latrine yet?

Jim

Thunder64
June 17th, 2009, 00:02
Perfect landing :ernae:
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/827/200961615651126.jpg

SkippyBing
June 17th, 2009, 03:06
A note on saved flights, the carrier will only be there if it's following an AI route, not using aicarriers.
You can get it to appear in replays if you use FSRecorder, the carrier is following an AI route, start from a saved flight and reset the flight before replaying, that way the replay starts at the same time it was recorded and the carrier is in the same position.

Henry
June 17th, 2009, 05:10
A note on saved flights, the carrier will only be there if it's following an AI route, not using aicarriers.
You can get it to appear in replays if you use FSRecorder, the carrier is following an AI route, start from a saved flight and reset the flight before replaying, that way the replay starts at the same time it was recorded and the carrier is in the same position.
another way with saved flight and not AI
is start the flight then add the carrier again
H

vet123
June 17th, 2009, 07:11
Orion thanks buddy, appreciate it. :ernae:

Regards, Rich

jimjones
June 17th, 2009, 09:48
Great photos guys. Takes a lot of effort to get them this good. I keep coming back to this thread to see things I've not found yet. Have'nt got the hang of using ez-walk program yet. Also want to learn do some replays with the help of the above tips.

Photo Credits:Nils, Boomer,piperarcherpilot,noddy,seaking055, tigisfat,boom,heywood,prb,henry,limjack,orion,bone and anyone I may have inadvertantly missed.

fliger747
June 17th, 2009, 13:32
Quite nice! I especially appreciate being able to follow the "Ball" to impact. Using the de-Fault FA-18, really have to cinch the shoulder harness down!

Cheers: T.

fliger747
June 17th, 2009, 13:33
P.S. :

The "latrine" is refered to as the "head". A reference to the days of sail.

T.

navy81
June 17th, 2009, 13:56
Bone,
Beautiful pics of the VF-161 "Chargers" Phantom! Can you tell me where you can find a phantom that is either native FSX (probably not one out there), or a good port over that has a VC!

Much abliged.
Deke
(Navy 81)

By the way...
Javier - still having fun with this absolutely top shelf piece of work! Thanks again.

Deke

Daube
June 17th, 2009, 14:01
Finally installed. Works perfect, including the elevator which is really a GREAT feature !
Amazing job. Thank you all very much for this fantastic addon. :icon29:

DoyleChris
June 17th, 2009, 14:35
Elevator, i have tried the elevator with the F-18 from accelartion add on and i can get it to back onto the elevator but when it goes down and i go to pull off it it drops me into the water.

doublecool
June 17th, 2009, 14:55
Shift+Spacebar, just like normal Acceleration carrier ops.

The carrier is AI, so you can't see it in replays and when using AICarriers2r2 it's local to each session (it won't come back automatically if you restart the flight).

This is FUN stuff here...Thank you for the reply works like a charm:jump:

Henry
June 17th, 2009, 15:10
P.S. :

T.
yup i have a head on my boat
just hate cleaning it
H

limjack
June 17th, 2009, 15:25
P.S. :

T.

You learn something new everyday.....In the days of old the folks would go to the head of the ship and do their business through a grate into the big blue. Now I know the rest of the story.

Thanks

Jim

Henry
June 17th, 2009, 15:41
You learn something new everyday.....In the days of old the folks would go to the head of the ship and do their business through a grate into the big blue. Now I know the rest of the story.

Thanks

Jim
thats better than cleaning it
i try to get my crew to do the same
H

Seahawk72s
June 17th, 2009, 15:46
Hi,
If there are pictures out there of either the Nimitz or Eisenhower
ribbons\decoration board please post them..On the stbd side of the island
above the name board.

Thanks,
tc

limjack
June 17th, 2009, 18:26
Took her out in a storm today just out of Hong Kong and took a couple shots. She is just a beauty!!!

MudMarine
June 17th, 2009, 19:09
P.S. :

T.

This isn't directed at anyone! Just thought someone might be interested?!

"Using the Head" comes from hanging you butt over the bow of the ship and doing your business. There weren't any "bathrooms" on board most wooden ships of war. Sometimes they had buckets or boards to sit on. They had hand towels or sponges to wash with afterwards. They'd rinse the towel and take it with them or let someone else use it; not very sanitary!:icon_lol: The waves/ocean would wash the poo off the bow but during calm seas the Capt. would make a detail wash down the head as punishment!:barf:

Anyhow you're correct........"I have to go to the head.":mixedsmi:

Sorry I'm rambling but the history of Marines serving on board navy ships is a passion of mine. I've been studying about the "Soldiers of the Sea" for a long time. S/F

Bone
June 17th, 2009, 19:14
Bone,
Beautiful pics of the VF-161 "Chargers" Phantom! Can you tell me where you can find a phantom that is either native FSX (probably not one out there), or a good port over that has a VC!

Much abliged.
Deke
(Navy 81)

Deke

Thanks Deke. It's the Cloud9 Phantom ported over. I'm a Phantom Phreak.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj299/theBone11/My%20Simulator%20Shots/2008-11-21_14-51-4-777.jpg

MenendezDiego
June 17th, 2009, 19:41
Atlanta? Me too bone!

Agung
June 17th, 2009, 22:10
You can get it to appear in replays if you use FSRecorder...

Everything shows up nicely in FS Recorder except the tailhook :kilroy:
Is there a workaround?

Cheers.

FrostySoftware
June 17th, 2009, 22:57
Thank you so much for your effort with this amazing addon! Here are a few shots:

http://forums.frostysoftware.com/SingleUpload/7896567/1245190014.jpg

http://forums.frostysoftware.com/SingleUpload/7896567/1245190039.jpg

http://forums.frostysoftware.com/SingleUpload/7896567/1245190084.jpg

http://forums.frostysoftware.com/SingleUpload/7896567/1245190105.jpg

http://forums.frostysoftware.com/SingleUpload/7896567/1245190269.jpg

http://forums.frostysoftware.com/SingleUpload/7896567/1245190297.jpg

http://forums.frostysoftware.com/SingleUpload/7896567/1245190329.jpg

:jump:

Mithrin
June 17th, 2009, 23:55
Nothing special but just a couple of MP shots near Pensacola with a couple of friends!

SkippyBing
June 18th, 2009, 03:43
Everything shows up nicely in FS Recorder except the tailhook :kilroy:
Is there a workaround?

Cheers.

Just press shift+q to lower it during the replay. FSRecorder doesn't record the hooks state but you can still alter it during the replay along with anything else that doesn't get recorded.

f-18hornet
June 18th, 2009, 06:16
Hey

thank you very much for beautiful addon.:gameon::medals:

ananda
June 18th, 2009, 10:51
The installation seemed to go without a hitch and I can see the selection screen

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/3239/selectionq.jpg (http://img7.imageshack.us/i/selectionq.jpg/)

If I select "Full 2 carriers fleet", this is what I see, a pretty bare carrier

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/7730/selected.jpg (http://img7.imageshack.us/i/selected.jpg/)

USS Nimitz is in simobjects\boats and I have cvn_68_69.cfg in the AICarriers\conf.d folder

What else should I do?

navychief8
June 18th, 2009, 10:54
Some shots from the Fleet

f-18hornet
June 18th, 2009, 11:01
The installation seemed to go without a hitch and I can see the selection screen

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/3239/selectionq.jpg (http://img7.imageshack.us/i/selectionq.jpg/)

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/7730/selected.jpg (http://img7.imageshack.us/i/selected.jpg/)

USS Nimitz is in simobjects\boats and I have cvn_68_69.cfg in the AICarriers\conf.d folder

What else should I do?

Click on "Next page".:ernae:

wilycoyote4
June 18th, 2009, 11:02
What else should I do?
Hi,

1st, you selected an Accel default carrier. 2nd look at the last selection ---it says next page---so, either mouse click the zero-nextpage or press keyboard zero"0" to move to the bext page.

Many pages, many selections !!!!!!

Thrawn
June 18th, 2009, 11:05

What else should I do?

Click on "Next Page" or press "0" and you'll see the Nimitz.

Javier

Antoninus
June 18th, 2009, 11:11
1000 Thanks! That's simply outstanding work of art.

ananda
June 18th, 2009, 11:19
Thanks to all who pointed out my blindness :isadizzy:

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/672/nimitz.jpg (http://img37.imageshack.us/i/nimitz.jpg/)

jetstreamsky
June 18th, 2009, 13:44
Does anyone have the coordinates for the launch_assistance code to add to the FS-KBT Hornet config file?

navychief8
June 18th, 2009, 17:35
Fooling around with my AICarrier config.:wiggle:

Agung
June 18th, 2009, 17:46
Just press shift+q to lower it during the replay. FSRecorder doesn't record the hooks state but you can still alter it during the replay along with anything else that doesn't get recorded.

Thanks for replying SkippyBing, at last the mystery has been solved :pop4:

burner12
June 19th, 2009, 05:14
Click on "Next page".:ernae:
I'm having the same problem F-18 hornet is having. I goto the drop down menu and USS Nimitz isn't there. i put everything where it should be. And I even tried going to the next page. She didnt show up. What did I do wrong?

Daube
June 19th, 2009, 06:37
Users who had this problem could solve it but uninstalling and reinstalling AI Carriers.

res non verba
June 19th, 2009, 09:10
This freeware addon just put the navy in a new level in fsx.

it's just amazing the level of detail! :medals::medals:

great work! Thanks...

:ernae:

VCN-1
June 19th, 2009, 09:52
As I sat on the deck I watched the flags and pennants wave, The various radar dishes rotate and the tug move about the deck.

Every time I go there I see more and more items of detail.

Thank you so much.

VCN-1

fliger747
June 19th, 2009, 12:11
Nimitz and friends did not show up till I restarted FSX and also hit the Ai carriers icon. I had always wondered about landing between the rows of parked aircraft, you focus so strongly on the line that you really don't even see them!

T.

burner12
June 19th, 2009, 12:22
:applause:Thanks so much this is much better than those clean FSX Acceleration carriers. This shows more carrier atmosphere.:medals::ernae:

But one question I can't get the EZWAlk program to work. i downloaded it and when i tried to run it it said EZWC 1_22 is closing because of an error. What did i do wrong?

Also how do you use the EZWALK Camera?

PRB
June 19th, 2009, 13:30
... I had always wondered about landing between the rows of parked aircraft, you focus so strongly on the line that you really don't even see them!

T.

An interesting "observation." I had the same experience. Meatball, lineup, meatball, lineup, meatball ... I never noticed all the planes until I stopped!

burner12
June 19th, 2009, 14:08
I slightly noticed them but was more concentrated on getting abopard other than looking at the pretty planes, because I didnt want to crash. After I got aboard then i observed the scenery WHICH IS JUST JAW DROPPING!:applause:

Just out of curiousity what squadrons did you put on the carrier. i see VFA-113 Stingers, VFA-41 Black Aces, And VFA-131 Wildcats. What are the others if I missed any? That one super hornet on the right fantail that is painted blue looks like a Marine Squadron Hornet unless it's supposed to be VFA-32 Swordsmen?

limjack
June 19th, 2009, 15:41
:applause:Thanks so much this is much better than those clean FSX Acceleration carriers. This shows more carrier atmosphere.:medals::ernae:

But one question I can't get the EZWAlk program to work. i downloaded it and when i tried to run it it said EZWC 1_22 is closing because of an error. What did i do wrong?

Also how do you use the EZWALK Camera?

Mine failed as well...appcrash whatever that is. Still looking into this.

Jim

Thrawn
June 19th, 2009, 20:09
Just out of curiousity what squadrons did you put on the carrier. i see VFA-113 Stingers, VFA-41 Black Aces, And VFA-131 Wildcats. What are the others if I missed any? That one super hornet on the right fantail that is painted blue looks like a Marine Squadron Hornet unless it's supposed to be VFA-32 Swordsmen?

It is a fictional VAQ-135 F/A-18G Growler livery. Sadly, because of memory constraints I couldn't afford to have all CVW11 and CVW7 squadrons in the package.

For CVW11 (USS Nimitz)I have included the following squadrons: VFA-41, VFA-14,VAQ-135 (fictional), VFA-86, VAW-117
CVW7 (USS Eisenhower): VFA-103,VAQ-140 (fictional),VAW-121,VFA-131,VFA-143

Javier

BigT
June 19th, 2009, 20:27
Ditto :jump::ernae::applause:
I have just built a new system similar to yours except I only have one EVGA GTX 285 graphics card. I also have the i7 940 cpu, 12 GB DDR3 at 1600, Asus p6T deluxe 2 Mobo 850 watt corsair psu and I am running windows xp pro x64. My problem is that it runs high fps with intermitant drops to 6 or 7 causing stuttering. This happens most in traffic areas and close to the ground. I have reduced graphics to medium and it still runs about the same. How does yours run?

heywooood
June 19th, 2009, 20:39
just a fine boat :ernae:

CG_1976
June 19th, 2009, 21:39
It is a wonderful package and excellent modeling and textures. Im still reading over documents on how to use Google earth kml's to plot a course and compile a bgl. Trying to get three fleets running around the Caribbean on manuvers.