PDA

View Full Version : What Are Best 3 Steps To Save RAM

LTCSZ
June 13th, 2009, 14:50
Hello: I was just wondering; What are the best three things one can do to conserve RAM in FSX...I have 4gb of RAM and usually see that I am using close to 80%...I use Alacrity to turn off as many services and processes as I can...Thanks,

Steve in Kansas

StickMan
June 13th, 2009, 15:02
I have 4 GB of DDR3 and running Vista 64 Ultimate. My idle RAM usage is anywhere from 650 to 750MB RAM witch is super low for Vista while keeping the look of Vista and LAN other needed services. But there is a lot of services most do not use or will ever need and that is how I save my RAM for game-play. Also anything not needed should be stopped to save CPU processes and RAM. (OEM was running 42 Processes now 28) A lot will say stop this and that only saves a few MB RAM on each service, well that adds up. Also fast shut downs and boot ups.

http://www.blackviper.com/WinVista/servicecfg.htm

I just researched the info needed in link above to understand what was safe to play with a not or what you use v.s. don't use. All having explanations for better understanding. I think this is better them most FSX.cfg tweaks as far as getting better preformance from computer for game-play.

Hanimichal
June 13th, 2009, 15:42
IObit Game Booster 1.1

:medals::medals: :applause::applause::applause::applause:
http://www.techspot.com/downloads/4842-game-booster.html

Kavehpd
June 13th, 2009, 15:49
Easiest solution is to shut down anything you don't need in the background: FireFox, sidebar, messenger, etc.

Hanimichal
June 13th, 2009, 16:05
Easiest solution is to shut down anything you don't need in the background: FireFox, sidebar, messenger, etc.

This is what IObit Game Booster 1.1 do! and believe me, he make better

Warrant
June 13th, 2009, 16:12
Or plug in an SD card (4 GB) in your card reader and then select ReadyBoost (Vista only). Gives you a nice spike of RAM.

Buddha13
June 14th, 2009, 03:59
hi all,
Hanimicheal is right.the little Iobit program works really well.It also works both ways,So you can shut off and restart the programs with one click for all of them.

Buddha13

LTCSZ
June 14th, 2009, 08:23
Thanks for the tip on the IoBit program...Really does a nice job...Easy and simple to use...

Steve

rwmarth
June 14th, 2009, 16:59
80% of 4gb seems awfully high... Is this the amount you start out with right after booting into Vista? One of the first things I'd do if I was at 80% under normal usage is run a spybot/virus scan. If nothing found, I'd run a memory test (ex. memtest86+) to see if you got a dead or dying stick(s) of memory leaving your system with far less actual ram then it may otherwise indicate. Excessive background tasks (other than malicious programs) should not be that demanding on your system at least not when you boot up. A properly running Vista system handles RAM very well and so I have never noticed any increase in performance running app-killer programs personally.