PDA

View Full Version : Fsx questions, still learning

foo_fighter
June 13th, 2009, 12:58
Guys, still learning about fsx, sorry if I ask silly questions...

1. Some textures (metal parts) are very blur, is there a way to make it more clear?

2. Some fs2004 planes are distorced (the panels at least) and they can`t appear in the main menu, why? Is it fixable?

3. Fs2002 can`t be used? FS2002 USAF Douglas C-124 C Globemaster II by Wolfram Beckert doesn`t appear and cannot be displayed, is there a fix?

Thanx in advance!

glennc
June 13th, 2009, 14:01
More details, please. What variant of FSX (with or without SP2 or Acceleration), basic details of the PC, especially in this case the graphics card. The answer to question 1 depends on that detail.

Question 2: Which airplanes? How did you install them? If they are FS2004 aircraft, the folder structure in FSX is different from FS2004. It's mostly fixable. The gauges go in the gauges folder, as in FS2004. The aircraft folder should go to ..\simobjects\airplanes. There is a way to put them in the aircraft folder as in FS2004, bit it needs a config file change I don't remember. Do expect some display issues. Props will disappear behind clouds, things like that.

Question 3: True. There is not a fix. FSX will not work with FS2002 add-ons. MS said early on that compatibility would not go back to FS2002. You may want to search the usual sites (here, AVSIM (when their library come back), FlightSim) so see if there is an FS2004 or FSX version. If there is an FS2004 version, it will likely have some serious issues in FSX, especially if you are running SP2 or acceleration.

I know that's a bit blunt, that is the way things are.

I hope someone else chimes in, but we do need to know about that graphics card. If its an old one with not a lot of memory, a new one is probably in order.

Glenn