PDA

View Full Version : You can fly, but can you drive..?

Ferry_vO
October 17th, 2008, 14:03
The Sim-Outhouse Racer's paddock is proud to present the SOH BMW M3 Challenge!

The car: The 2007 BMW M3 coupé, with it's 4 liter V-8 engine producing 420 hp, which will let the car accelerate from 0-62 mph in 4.6 seconds and can reach a (limited) topspeed of 155 mph.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/M3%20Challenge/M3_01.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/M3%20Challenge/M3_02.jpg

The track: The Grand Prix course of the Nurburgring in Germany. Even though not as famous as it's older version the Nordschleife (AKA The green hell) the new GP track still is a fast track with plenty of challenging corners. Please note that will will be using the long GP version of the track for this competition!

How does it work? Simple: The user that submits the quickest laptime around the Nurburgring GP circuit wins!

The competition will run for two weeks, giving each member plenty of time to get used to the game. The competition will start now, and will end on November 2, at 24:00 GMT. No entries after that time will be accepted.

The lap time must be validated by posting a screenshot, in this thread, of the timing screen as in the example below. You can post as many lap times as you want to! Please use the practice mode (Single player)so I don't have to search for the correct times..

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/M3%20Challenge/M3_04.jpg

Most screen capture programs that work in Flightsims will work in the M3 Challenge as well.

What do I win if I'm the fastest?
First place gets to pick one aircraft from Donationware.net! Second place gets one aircraft of choice below $10.00 and the third fastest gets one aircraft of his (or hers) choice for $5.00 Aircraft provided by Donationware.net/Ickie. http://www.donationware.net/

I want to join ,where can I download this game?:

The official BMW website: http://www.bmw.com/com/en/newvehicles/mseries/m3coupe/2007/experience/game/content.html
Or at an alternative link: http://www.gamershell.com/download_20944.shtml
The filesize is 345 Mb.

What do I need to run this game?:

Minimum Specifications:
Operating Systems Microsoft Windows XP (32/64bit), Vista (32/64bit)
Processor 1.8 GHz Intel Pentium IV or 100% compatible
Memory 512 MB RAM
Hard Drive 500 MB free HD space
3D Accelerator DirectX 8.1 compatible graphics card with 64 MB memory
Sound Card DirectX 8.1 compatible
Input Keyboard and Mouse
DirectX Version 9.0c

The game can be controlled using a keyboard, mouse or even better with a joystick, yoke or steering wheel.

I prefer to race in GTR2/Race07/GTR Evo/rFactor/Live for Speed/GT Legends etc.; why do we use this game?

Well, it's free so everyone can get it, the filesize is relatively small and the options are limited. All the drivers' aids are also present on the real M3 (Except the option to turn the damage off ;) ) so using these drivers' aids is no unfair advantage over drivers that prefer to drive the car the hard way.

I'm using this car and track in GTR2/rFactor; can I use that instead?

No, because even though the models are the same, the physics and set-up options are different. To keep things fair for everyone we will only use the unmodded M3 Challenge.

Some race tips:

The M3 is a streetcar and does not have slick tyres or a lot of downforce, and with an empty weight of 1,575 kilo's or nearly 3,500 lbs it's not a lightweight either. A 'clean' driving style is preferable to get the best out of it, but it can be fun to slide it round every corner. Don't expect very quick times if you do that though. All braking should be done in a straight line before entering the corner to prevent inbalance in the car. Be careful with the throttle on the exit of a corner to prevent the rear wheels losing grip, which will cause oversteer. If you are unfamiliar with the track you can use the 'corner markers' which will give an indication when to brake, which way to go and which gear to use. The use of ABS, traction control and DSC (Dynamic stability control) is also recommended for novice drivers. For a bit of fun turn all these drivers aids of and burn some rubber! Use the replay function ('R' key) to review what happened in the last thirty seconds; this will help to understand what went right or wrong.

Disclaimer: This challenge is not supported by Blimey!Games. Tentacle Studios or BMW in any way. The moderator of this forum reserves the right to remove entries if any form of cheating is suspected.

Ferry_vO
October 17th, 2008, 14:20
Our current leaderboard:

1: Sunny9850 2:16.291

2: SirBenn21 2:16.654

3: Zenandzen 2:16.716

4: Nick C 2:17.703

5: Danma 2:18.021

6: Sixghost 2:19.176

7: Blacksheep-Ghost03 2:19.870

8: Tapir 2:21.066

9: Mike_Cyul 2:21.750

10: Brian1305 2:22.256

I'll regularly update this post with the top three times.

:)

Wing_Z
October 18th, 2008, 00:43
qIBjuFC3YXg

SirBenn21
October 18th, 2008, 03:28
Okay you forced me to wip out the wheel.
Haven't played racing sims for a while. Got this time on my 3rd lap. will be posting again if I do better.

Come on guys. Lets support this even though you might not ususally do this kind of thing!

Ben

SirBenn21
October 18th, 2008, 04:16
Done a few more rounds and shaved off 3.1 seconds.

Just realised how rusty I am. :d

I'll wait till someone beats that.

Ben

Cazzie
October 18th, 2008, 06:31
Well, you can sure bet with the joystick, I'll never approach Ben's time. Turning the sensitivity down for my joystick's twist control steering helped, but I really need a racing set-up. I forgot how much fun this could be, graphics on my new unit are out-of-this-world.

Anyhow, doesn't matter, I am crap, hit the kitty litter first two laps out! :costumes:

Caz

EasyEd
October 18th, 2008, 07:59
Hey All,

How do you get a time recorded under open practice? I only get times based upon the time trial option and it's always from a "running start" - is that what we want?

-Ed-

Sixghost
October 18th, 2008, 11:47
2:16!!! :isadizzy: That is unbelievable!

So far, here's my best:

Cazzie
October 18th, 2008, 12:14
Luca, you and Ben have to have full racing set-ups. No way I can get within 30-seconds of your time with a joystick. :banghead:

But I look on the good side; two runs in the kitty litter, but I haven't bent any metal like GNZLAP yet! :costumes:

Caz

SirBenn21
October 18th, 2008, 13:13
2:16!!! :isadizzy: That is unbelievable!

So far, here's my best:

That's how I feel when I see virtual pilots flying the PMDG 747-300 and the like.
Anyway the saved time that comes with the BMW racing sim is 2.15 sec. I'll be lucky to shave aother 0.5 sec off my time.
Just don't let the car racing simmers hear about this challenge! :d

Anyway don't give up. I'm sure one of you will better my time. :kilroy:

Ben

Ferry_vO
October 18th, 2008, 13:55
:applause: :applause: :applause:

Looking good so far!

brian1305
October 18th, 2008, 15:08
Still well of the pace:banghead: Ill keep trying!!

smoores
October 18th, 2008, 21:19
Still trying to get my darn wheel working, but I'm still in the 2:24 range with an arrow pad.

wombat666
October 18th, 2008, 22:54
So who is driving without the 'aids' ...... ?
I turned everything off and so far I've hit everything but the Safety Car!
And I can't crack the 2:30 mark.
:banghead:

simkid22
October 19th, 2008, 00:03
I drive without the aids but I cant brake 2:25 :banghead: Boy I miss my Lamborghini Murcielago GTR from GTR2 and Monaco GP too lol! :icon_lol:

Sixghost
October 19th, 2008, 03:18
Luca, you and Ben have to have full racing set-ups. No way I can get within 30-seconds of your time with a joystick. :banghead:

But I look on the good side; two runs in the kitty litter, but I haven't bent any metal like GNZLAP yet! :costumes:

Caz

Not really, unless for full racing setup you mean a keyboard and your mother next to you yelling to slow down!:costumes:

I could try with a joypad, but I don't really like to use it in racing sims, old school keyboard style for me anyday! :d

Ferry, what's your best?

brian1305
October 19th, 2008, 05:52
Well , managed to get 9/10ths of a second faster but struggling to get near the 2:20 mark, using a joypad and been through various settings of driving aids to get this, so far I have discovered the "red" BMW is faster:costumes:

mike_cyul
October 19th, 2008, 12:07
All I have is my trusty old joystick, but having fun! :)

Mike

mike_cyul
October 19th, 2008, 12:27
.... and this with no aids. Driving without aids is definately more exciting, and given that throttle steering seems pretty good, it will be fun to explore. :)

Mike

smoores
October 19th, 2008, 18:22
Need more horsepower!:jeep0a:

Sunny9850
October 19th, 2008, 20:22
Ok...that was about the best that I could coax out of the new Bimmer.
I hope the real one is not quite as nose heavy as this simulation would indictate. But with the V8 up front and the overall curb weight of 3500lbs...the nimble light old M3 is probably no more.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=58326&stc=1&d=1224476362

Btw..I have driven many laps on the real Nuerburgring, including the Nordschleife, most recently last August and I think it's safe to say every real bump in the track is there in this simulation.
As for driving aids I had everything off except for the ABS.

Dain Arns
October 19th, 2008, 20:45
Best I have been able to squeak out is a 2:29 something. Not even worth posting a pic. :kilroy:

Ferry_vO
October 20th, 2008, 07:28
Impressive time, Stefan! :applause:

Looks like the competition is really heating up now! :d

SirBenn21
October 20th, 2008, 17:03
Hi

Not to be a stikler or anythng, but I noticed a typo.

the time of Stefan is 2:16:527 not 2:16:257. Hey now I will not feel so bad! :d

Ben

Ferry_vO
October 21st, 2008, 02:02
Fixed.

Sixghost
October 21st, 2008, 05:09
Managed to shave off 1.5+ sec, but I'm still waaaaaay behind your times!

brian1305
October 21st, 2008, 11:56
Well, spent a couple more hours on this last night, but just couldn't beat my best time......:banghead:
I seemed to lose most of it through the first three corners.

A Great challenge and a lot of fun but I may just have to pick up the "wooden spoon" on this one...:icon_lol:

Sunny9850
October 21st, 2008, 16:14
Getting mainly the first right hand turn into the Mercedes complex right, that is the round spectator area you're heading directly towards on the main straight, is one of the 2 keys to getting a good time on this track.

Unfortunately they ruined a wonderful flowing couple of turns with what Michael Schumacher called the Mickey Mouse Ear in another fruitless attempt at making passing more possible in F1.

One of the main problems in a real car (without the F1 downforce) heading into that breaking area is that the car gets very light over that crest and locking up is very very easy....and then you are in the kitty litter.
During practice each time you get stuck and have to be pulled out by the tractor is ~ 80 Euros :wiggle:

Another easy spot to get it all wrong is of course the Muehlenbach Schleife...that's the area with all the seating areas painted in national flags. Once the red fog of racing fever clouds ones eyes and adrenaline is really flowing that braking point is easy to mess up. Loose too much momentum in that 180 degree turn and the uphill afterward will cost you tons.

Finally the NGK chicane that's the very tight left right combination just before the final right turn back onto the main straight. You have to take to the curbs on that one....bone jarring I can tell you...if you want to be really fast through there. Of course.....not too much curbs or you will need to see the friendly guys with the hammers to mend the sheet metal.

In my case driving a 40 year old Alfa GTA we typically leave a few tenth on the track in order to spare the old gal that brutal bump in her old bones.
If you ever get to watch any race at that track and wonder what tickets to buy....I recommend T4 or the Mercedes Tribune...both of which give you a good view of that first corner and usually lots of action. In case of the vintage races...the original Minis have the best line through there usually somewhat airborne over that inside curb.

Sunny9850
October 21st, 2008, 21:13
I tried to get the time that was originally posted but I came a little short
2:16:291 for now.
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=58585&stc=1&d=1224652287

Nick C
October 23rd, 2008, 13:55
Thank god the forum is back, I do hope it can stay running till this thing is complete! :d

Well I'm a little late into this competition, but I'm a bit of a closet race fan. GTL and the recent GTR Evolution are my thing. I've had the M3 Challenge downloaded for weeks, but not installed, this comp has prompted me to do so.

Last night saw me getting frustrated with times around the 2:21 mark, so I spent this evening learning the track in GTR Evo in a much faster car, then I came back to it and managed a time in the high 2:17's, which I've posted below. I'm sure with less silly mistakes I can knock a couple more seconds off...but I am prone to lot's of silly mistakes :costumes:

Lots of fun, thanks guys :ernae:
Oh and my racing name is "Trevize" (or sometimes Pelorat), which are character names from the Issac Assimov Foundation series of books...in case you are wondering...not that anybody is, lol.

Lionus
October 23rd, 2008, 20:27
Just don't coax Greycap to get on this.. he would probably cut 2 seconds out of the current best lap after getting used to the track.. how do I know? well, I've been driving few sims with him for about 4 years now, and he is usually about 1.5 seconds faster than I am.. I'm not sure whether I will give this a shot or not.. I might do it, we'll see..:isadizzy::d

Tapir
October 24th, 2008, 01:42
Well, an unusual competition here at SOH, certainly!

I'm posting my screenshot with the time of 2:21:066, achieved during the race. This is the best I can manage with the joystick...

P.S. The image is a bit blurred, while I optimised it for the sake of speedy upload.

TAP!

danma
October 24th, 2008, 14:09
So much fun :dVery addictive

danma
October 26th, 2008, 09:36
I had a shave ,a dump,pulled all my fillings out and drilled holes in my joystick to save weight- appears to have worked .Next plan is to remove broken {heart] and unused {brain} internal organs.:costumes:

Ferry_vO
October 26th, 2008, 11:46
I'm of course not taking part in the actual competition, but I just managed to improved my best lap by a few seconds:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/M3%20Challenge/216862.jpg

Have to admit that although this game makes a nice level playing field, the car itself does not really suit my driving style. I prefer a race car with downforce to be honest. :)

Wing_Z
October 27th, 2008, 00:54
Gave it my best shot, tried fair means and foul...

cgDZ_CXYQnE

Nooo...my 2:25:00 is not going to bring glory.
Great fun though, thanks for the pointer.
Back to the skies for me.

GT182
October 27th, 2008, 09:05
Just got it and I'd say it's fun. Gives a whole new meaning to street car and "Crash & Burn". :costumes: Gotta get used to driving by mouse tho. The fur tends to stick in the gears. ;)

Hey Panther, do you really mean this?
To promote our SOH Racer's paddock we are organising a competion with some Donationware aircraft as prices!

I know..... In the immortal words of Pat Paulson... picky, picky, picky :costumes: But I couldn't help myself. ;)

Ferry_vO
October 27th, 2008, 10:40
Hey, either beat my time or learn to read 'n' write Dutch; once you've done that you can be picky about my spelling..! :costumes:

GT182
October 27th, 2008, 11:10
I thought Panther wrote that.... just pointing it out... not picking on ya Ferry_vO, trying to pick on him. I guess it backfired. Sorry. :redf:

It seems to be his post.... http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/announcement.php?f=17&a=70

blacksheep-ghost03
October 27th, 2008, 21:06
TRYING THIS OUT!! LOGITECH 3D PRO JOYSTICK
MAYBE ABLE TO SHAVE 3 OR 4 MORE SECOUNDS.
WHEEL WITH PADDLE SHIFTERS WOULD BE NICE:jump:
JUST THOUGHT I WOULD POST THIS EVEN THOUGH ITS NOT IN CONTENTION.........

:sheep::sheep::sheep:

blacksheep-ghost03
October 28th, 2008, 16:40
Still trying:sheep::sheep::sheep:

blacksheep-ghost03
October 28th, 2008, 16:54
2:21.023

Trying to get this picture size correct

zenandzen
October 29th, 2008, 21:33
Hi all , so far the best I've done...........

LapTime 2:16:716

Nice competition guys, this makes me think I should re-install GTR2 ...Heaps of fun.
Cheers
Gerry

Ferry_vO
October 30th, 2008, 02:55
Nice one, Zenandzen! Good to see some new faces in here as well :)

Only two more days to go gents! Let's see if anyone can improve on their best times!

blacksheep-ghost03
October 30th, 2008, 03:32
STILL HAVING FUN:sheep::sheep::sheep:

danma
October 30th, 2008, 15:27
Shaved a bit more off.

Sving
October 31st, 2008, 07:29
Despite the Chicane I still manadged to get a impressive time of 2:16 984 and I think they may need a new gearbox in that M3 after my appauling gear changes, automatic is easier!:sniper:

Sving
October 31st, 2008, 08:54
YAY! I shaved off another 3/4 of a second and dont think I could do anymore. Addictive and great competition, well done Ferry_vO! :angryfir: :hatchet: :redfire: ...Well they are sort of halloween smileys.2:16 237 lap, my best yet:

Sving
October 31st, 2008, 11:34
Competition is still fun but I cant get very close to my PB. I tryed it without the drivers aids on and realised they are important after ending up in a tree as you can see... And a word of advice don't fight the AI they will just trash your car... ...See what I mean: :banghead:

danma
October 31st, 2008, 12:33
Managed a nice smooth one instead of my usual collection of near misses and close calls.Yelling whoa !,whoa!,whoa! is no substitute for ABS :costumes:

zenandzen
October 31st, 2008, 17:41
Are we are supposed to be in open practice ,not time trials , right?????

Sving
November 1st, 2008, 09:40
Zenandzen I don't think it matters because you still get the time at the end of it, it is the same track and there is no real advantage so I don't think it matters between Practice and Time Trials :d Answer your question?

zenandzen
November 1st, 2008, 09:56
oK ,that is an answer but i'm going to read the rules again just so I know what the conditions are.............

It does say to post a screenie of the practice mode......

The lap time must be validated by posting a screenshot, in this thread, of the timing screen as in the example below. You can post as many lap times as you want to! Please use the practice mode (Single player)so I don't have to search for the correct times..So that's what I'm sticking with.
Cheers
Gerry

Ferry_vO
November 1st, 2008, 12:04
Sving, unless you can come up with a good explanation I'm not counting your time; the name of the driver in the upper left corner does not match the name of the driver that set the time on the right side of the screen. (See attached screenshot)
I do not have access to my own computer at the moment so I can not try to replicate your screenshot.

So this is our current leaderboard with one day to go:

1: Nils 2:15.822

2: Sving 2:16.237

3: Sunny9850 2:16.291

4: SirBenn21 2:16.654

5: Zenandzen 2:16.716

6: Nick C 2:17.703

7: Danma 2:17.436

8: Sixghost 2:19.176

9: Blacksheep-Ghost03 2:19.870

10: Tapir 2:17.959

11: Mike_Cyul 2:21.750

12: Brian1305 2:22.256

Sving
November 2nd, 2008, 01:11
What do you mean, they both say Sving but the game puts G and P infront of the times in the Time Trial mode, have a look when you play if you dont believe me i think the G means best time and P for the time you have just done, anyone else noticed that? Also you can tell because in the columns above the time the first column is 'P' then 'driver' and the drivers name is the same!

Sving
November 2nd, 2008, 01:24
Ferry_vO if you get your computer back soon you can easily replicate the screeen shot by going onto time trial mode (I did it with the bottom two things checked but I dont think that matters) and then tried to set a good lap, once I had done that I went round once more but cut the track therefore lap time did not count and VOILA! You will have similar looking results to me one time will have a G infront of it and the other will have a P infront of it!

Sving
November 2nd, 2008, 01:52
Also check the 1st page Mike_cyul's 1st post has excactly the same princibal as mine, G before the top name and then P infront of the second name! Can anyone else see?:jump:

Tapir
November 2nd, 2008, 03:39
Another attempt...

02:17:959 - better than before, too less to win :-)

TAP.

danma
November 2nd, 2008, 05:36
Well pleased I made the seventeens :d

blacksheep-ghost03
November 2nd, 2008, 05:59
ENJOYED THE FUN. THIS IS THE BEST I COULD COME UP WITH SO FAR. IMPROVED MY TIME FROM ORIGINAL POST. :sheep::sheep::sheep:

VERY NICE DANMA . NOT EASY TO DO !!
I MANAGED ONLY 2:19.230

blacksheep-ghost03
November 2nd, 2008, 06:11
Also check the 1st page Mike_cyul's 1st post has excactly the same princibal as mine, G before the top name and then P infront of the second name! Can anyone else see?:jump:

DOES " p " STAND FOR " PROFILE " WHICH I CREATED IN MY NAME AND USED.

" G " FOR GUEST ? ANYWAYS VERY NICE TIME INDEED!!

Sving
November 2nd, 2008, 06:57
Thanks blacksheep-ghost03 but I did the times one after the other so I don't know why one would be Guest and the other Profile but thanks, and your times are getting really quick I see! :sniper:

JT8D-9A
November 2nd, 2008, 13:09
hmmm

Ferry_vO
November 2nd, 2008, 13:25
After some testing Sving's time has been accepted. Kind of strange to see a double time listed? I guess the 'G' stands for 'Ghost' maybe? Don't use the Ghost car myself as I always keep outbraking myself...

And with one and a half hours to go and two new toptimes this is our current leaderboard:

1: Nils 2:15.822

2: Sving 2:16.237

3: Sunny9850 2:16.291

4: SirBenn21 2:16.654

5: Zenandzen 2:16.716

6: Danma 2:17.436

7: Nick C 2:17.703

8: Tapir 2:17.959

9: Sixghost 2:19.176

10: Blacksheep-Ghost03 2:19.870

11: Mike_Cyul 2:21.750

12: Brian1305 2:22.256

BTW Don't expect any official results until about twelve hours after the competition closes becasue of real life work issues.. Winners will recieve a PM from me.

Tapir
November 2nd, 2008, 13:42
Hmmm,

I think I should be a few more places up on Your list, Sir.

Doesn't matter with the finals anyway, but...

:-)

TAP!

JT8D-9A
November 2nd, 2008, 13:47
Please don't classify my 2:15.822 time. There have been driving aids involved and i don't believe that a time below a high 2:16 is possible without driving aids.
The attached time is without driving aids and i feel more comfortable if you classify it.

Ferry_vO
November 2nd, 2008, 13:51
Nils, because all driver's aids (Except the option to turn damage off!) are available to owners of a real M3 it is allowed to use whatever aids you prefer to use as stated in the original rules.
Now for a next challenge though.. :icon_twi:

Tapir: You are correct of course! It's been a long weekend with two full days attending at a Flightsim convention... :isadizzy:

Sunny9850
November 2nd, 2008, 22:45
Congrats Nils,

I have a screenshot from a few days ago actually that has a 1:15:864 but did not post it because I was in the lead until a few hours ago.

I did my time with only the ABS on but I agree that since the options are available on the actual car....the time is good and valid.

Stefan

Sving
November 2nd, 2008, 22:57
Congrats Nils I don't know how you can get into the 15 sec bracket it just has to be ultra-perfect I suppose!!! :sniper: WELL DONE!

Sunny9850
November 2nd, 2008, 23:06
Here is the screenie with my best recorded time ..but since I did not post it in the time of the rules...it's just for show :D

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=60373&stc=1&d=1225699517

Wing_Z
November 2nd, 2008, 23:13
Congratulations to all you fast ones.
I am profoundly happy I did not see fit to post my 2:25:00 in this company...
Do you guys ingest chemical substances before posting these times???

Sunny9850
November 2nd, 2008, 23:14
LOL even worse I had a 1:15:751 that I was holding back :wiggle:
That one was taken on Oct.22nd

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=60374&stc=1&d=1225700017

Ferry_vO
November 3rd, 2008, 04:52
Congratulations to Nils, Sving and Sunny9850 !

You have a PM on how to collect your prize!

And to those that didn't win: Thanks for playing, and better luck next time!

:applause:

JT8D-9A
November 3rd, 2008, 07:32
Grrr i didn't wanted to win this way. Normally i hate driving aids, but i wanted to know how easy a low 2:16 would be possible with them.
Driving without the aids is much more fun.

Thanks and sorry!

Sunny9850
November 5th, 2008, 22:39
Hi Nils,

the driving aids actually tend to make the car slower...at least the real ones do. In the sim that may be different but I can't beat my best times with them on.
And the rules clearly allowed them so their use is like was pointed out before legit. So no need to feel bad about your win.

I for one got the one plane I had my eye on in the first place.
But just for kicks I drove a few more laps today and broke the 2:15:00 mark.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=60789&stc=1&d=1225956920

Nick C
November 6th, 2008, 08:30
That first corner nailed it for me almost every time. I'd drag my arse around that first lap only to stumble on that first corner, meaning another lap was in order again. I got so annoyed with that corner that I gave up trying...defeatist...me? :costumes:

I'm now back to running the GP circuit in GTR Evolution, far more fun with a car that grips :d

Sunny9850
November 6th, 2008, 09:23
Like I pointed out in another post before I have run many laps around the real track both before and after they modified the layout to satisfy current F1 regulations.
The first corner used to be a spectacular combination of turns. And has now been turned into a rather cumbersome affair.

Sad yes...but that's the way it goes...thankfully there still is the Nordschleife.
Even if only very few real races are still being run on it, it will always be the toughest track to run.