PDA

View Full Version : IRIS F-16 Startup Vids

Smudge
June 11th, 2009, 04:47
Hi guys,

I'm doing a few 'talkthrough' videos of the IRIS F-16 in the coming weeks just to give people a taster of the depth of the aircrafts systems.

Enjoy.. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhIiwBECbhs - Preflight Procedure
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc30BN-hFwA - Startup Procedure

David.

Barvan40
June 11th, 2009, 09:27
Enjoyed the videos, looking forward to the release of the IRIS F-16D.

Matt Wynn
June 11th, 2009, 10:09
you're not the only one looking forward to it, i'm looking forward to the comments the texturing team recieve, from a painters point of view she's a beauty to work on, if a little complex at times, but we can't win them all... David, nice video pal looking forward to the next test one :applause: i owe you a frosty one boss :guinness:

Shylock
June 11th, 2009, 11:11
Wow killer job there. Wonder if IRIS would ever consider doing a F-18 A and B.

deathfromafar
June 11th, 2009, 11:42
Looks like this model has a great deal of systems modeling depth. Looking forward to buying this one!

Bjoern
June 11th, 2009, 11:50
Falcon 4 flashback in FSX...wonderful!

MenendezDiego
June 11th, 2009, 11:53
Wow, that was detailed!

jmig
June 11th, 2009, 12:10
David, that brought me back to my days in the cockpit. We did the same thing, started on the left rear corner and worked our way around on the pre-flight checklist. Except I would run through them from memory then, run my finger down the checklist to make sure I hadn't missed anything.

Nice vids. I will buy it!

peter12213
June 11th, 2009, 14:03
Its mine i saw it first lol god i soo need this now!! how much 50 ... 70 alright £1 hahah hope so

peter12213
June 11th, 2009, 14:12
this baby sounds and looks amaising what are the computer specs for the beta?

Smudge
June 11th, 2009, 20:38
Thanks for the comments guys...

My PC Specs I'm testing on is a Core i7 920 2.67Ghz, 4Gb DDR3 RAM, Geforce 9600 GT Card with 1Gb DDR3 on board. Although this baby should run on pretty much anything FSX can run on, considering poly and texture count is very well designed.

DB.

tigisfat
June 11th, 2009, 21:58
Wow killer job there. Wonder if IRIS would ever consider doing a F-18 A and B.

gee, what's your motivation?:icon_lol:

Shylock
June 12th, 2009, 02:09
Well just in general the Acceleration Hornet as good as it is it is still lacking a whole bunch. Nobody has really taken the time to replicate a close to real life Hornet. There's a long list of things I would like to see replicated in the Sim for the Hornet. For one these start up videos are damn impressive.

Being the owner of a few of IRIS products if they ever came out with a Hornet I would plunk down what ever cash it was selling for. As far as the motivation of the sim team behind the idea, it wouldnt be possible for us to use it. Although it could be a good platform to advertise the product, we are all about Non profit and never ask for freebies.

But I can say for sure if I have the cash lying around and the wifey is out of the house for a bit I will be adding this F-16 into my collection. :kilroy:

peter12213
June 12th, 2009, 10:42
no doubt I'll be getting it, it's gorgeous can't wait to fly it!

Matt Wynn
June 12th, 2009, 11:12
the schemes IRIS have planned should give a good choice too, the textures you see in the videos are the factory bare materials, in HD format (2048*2048), sounds insane but on the F-16 the frame rate hit is negligible... the bos'll back me up here :icon_lol: the more i watch the videos and hear the feedback the more i'm sure this will be a success, and also the more i like my exterior work :icon_lol:

Kavehpd
June 12th, 2009, 11:46
This might sound a bit off-topic but I'll throw it in anyway... Does anybody know if there is going to be a Block 52 with conformal fuel tanks included or not? Or any other Block for that matter, but with conformal tanks.

Matt Wynn
June 12th, 2009, 11:58
says in one of the video comments i believe :icon_lol: my error it doesn't but david'll fill you in on it i'm sure....

Lionheart
June 12th, 2009, 13:16
Great work David.

I have wanted to do video tutorials on some of my birds. It really helps out people to see it first hand rather then reading about it. Some of the Aerosoft PBY video tutorials are brilliant as well.

Keep up the good work. Awesome VC..

Bill