PDA

View Full Version : X-Plane Gateway...

gera
June 10th, 2009, 08:23
http://www.xplanegateway.net/scenery.html

Helldiver
June 10th, 2009, 10:10
Sorry to bother you but you seem to know something about X-Plane. Now I have been using Flight Sim from the first, but I can't make heads or tails out of X-Plane 9 and I've had it for a year.
First off it makes you put in a disk. Well I have a coupla hundred disks and to find one takes some time. When I get it in, it won't recognize any thing from my Logitech Joystick. Nor will it recognize any keyboard commands. I've written to X-Plane a couple of times with no response. Can you help me fathom this thing out? It would be much appreciated.
Thank you,
Bob Folsom

Thoe6969
June 10th, 2009, 11:36
Don't know if this helps ,but you have to bush a button on your joystick,and than assign it on the keyboard assignments in game.It took me a while to figure it out myself.

gera
June 10th, 2009, 11:45
Sorry to bother you but you seem to know something about X-Plane. Now I have been using Flight Sim from the first, but I can't make heads or tails out of X-Plane 9 and I've had it for a year.
First off it makes you put in a disk. Well I have a coupla hundred disks and to find one takes some time. When I get it in, it won't recognize any thing from my Logitech Joystick. Nor will it recognize any keyboard commands. I've written to X-Plane a couple of times with no response. Can you help me fathom this thing out? It would be much appreciated.
Thank you,
Bob Folsom

First off go to the "controls configuration menu" and there designate each button of your Joystick to the desired function...X-plane as well as FSX is almost impossible to fly with the keyboard, it simply is maddening on both Sims!!!!....once you get your controls set up, it is as easy as FSX.....set them up exactly as you have them in FSX..the procedure is the same and even easier than FSX....any problems drop me a PM.

Helldiver
June 10th, 2009, 12:45
I never had any problem with FSX as far as the stick was concerned. I never had to assign anything to it on FSX. I just want to give it some throttle and have it take off. That's not asking too much. All I get is a picture of a panel. Nothing happens. I don't know about system configuration. I'm 81 years old (or will be day after tomorrow) I want to fly airplanes not be a damned computer engineer. So far X-Plane was a big waste of money.