View Full Version : Bob & Dunkerque

Talon
September 27th, 2008, 18:19
It's up.

Talon

Pat Pattle
September 28th, 2008, 01:07
Great! am downloading now.

I'll endeavour to get the Dunkirk model into the Jan. update. :)

Aussie Pilot
September 28th, 2008, 02:18
Hey Talon,

Thanks for the great work. What missions folder do we put these in. There are several others apart from the usual stock missions folder. Do they require a certain global layer?

I just looked into it further and guess we would select the number 2 era option "summer 1940- end 1942" to get the appropriate global layer to suit, but in the main folder there is no mission folder to match like there is for the other era's.

Aussie Pilot
September 28th, 2008, 03:02
Don't mind me, I just found it.

I don't know how but i didn't see the BoB_Missions folder right there along with the others...couldn't see it for looking.

Sorry.

middle
September 28th, 2008, 09:56
As I've installed older missions and newer missions I go by the dates. If the missions are from the thirties to 1940, I put them in the 1936 missions
BOB stuff form '40-43 I put them in the BOB missions and so on.

rbp71854
September 29th, 2008, 02:30
Careful when placing missions into the ETO.

The uniqueness of having 5 different eras with 5 different global layers requires that missions be placed into the era in which they were created in. So if a mission was created in the 1936 era mission builder , it should be placed into the 1936_missions subfolders.

If this guideline is not followed there is a possibility of corrupting your install.

As I've installed older missions and newer missions I go by the dates. If the missions are from the thirties to 1940, I put them in the 1936 missions
BOB stuff form '40-43 I put them in the BOB missions and so on.

Nonato
September 29th, 2008, 03:54
Don't mind me, I just found it.

I don't know how but i didn't see the BoB_Missions folder right there along with the others...couldn't see it for looking.

Sorry.

Well, I have a 1936 mission folder but I don't see any Bob mission folder besides it. Up to now I'm installing Bob era missions in the missions folder_whatifsubfolder and everything is ok so far.
Should I create a Bob_mission folder for that? Why I don't have it? Is the 1936_mission folder=Bob_mission folder?:isadizzy:

Thank you

N.

rbp71854
September 29th, 2008, 04:23
There are 5 main missions folders. In the default era (1936) you will see missions, 1943_missions, 1944_missions, 1945_missions, and bob_missions. Put your theater in era 1936. Now open windows explorer. Go to the bob_missions folder. You do have one.

Place your BoB missions in the appropriate subfolder. i.e. historical, whatif, training. If you don't have one of those subfolders in your bob_missions folder, just create it. (The installer would not place empty folders into the install so some eras do not have all 3 subfolders)

We recommend placing the theater in the default era of 1936 when placing any new addons into the install.

Well, I have a 1936 mission folder but I don't see any Bob mission folder besides it. Up to now I'm installing Bob era missions in the missions folder_whatifsubfolder and everything is ok so far.
Should I create a Bob_mission folder for that? Why I don't have it? Is the 1936_mission folder=Bob_mission folder?:isadizzy:

Thank you

N.

Nonato
September 29th, 2008, 04:40
Sorry rbp

I did a search and do not have any Bob_Missions folder.
Take a look at these pictures: the first one is the CFS3 ETO Expansion root and the second one is the 1936 era folder.

Cheers
N.

PS: inside 1936 era folder/historical, what if, etc, there is no Bob-mission file either...:banghead:

rbp71854
September 29th, 2008, 05:06
N

You have your era in the bob era. That is why you don't have a folder named bob_missions. If you were to switch to the 1936 era the 1936_missions folder would be renamed to missions, and the existing missions folder would be renamed to bob_missions.

Sorry rbp

I did a search and do not have any Bob_Missions folder.
Take a look at these pictures: the first one is the CFS3 ETO Expansion root and the second one is the 1936 era folder.

Cheers
N.

PS: inside 1936 era folder/historical, what if, etc, there is no Bob-mission file either...:banghead:

Nonato
September 29th, 2008, 05:19
Rbp

You're totally right!

I just switched to 1936 and ..voilą...Bob_mission folder. Amazingly enough, all the Bob-Dunkerke missions were already there!!!!:isadizzy:
From now on I shall install any other era-specific mission after having switched the eras on the main game to the era of the mission I want to install. Right?...

O-1Driver
September 29th, 2008, 05:19
Nonato,

I had the same problem you are having when I first started adding missions to ETO. Once I got used to it it is now 2nd nature.

As Bob said, the mission folder names change depending on which ERA you are using. I was going insane looking for my BOB folder but the name had changed to "missions" while I had that ERA selected. If you change to another ERA the same thing happens the original folder name disappears and it becomes "Missions".

It has been like looking uder the hood of a new car and not recognizing anything!:d

O-1

Nonato
September 29th, 2008, 05:27
So, in conclusion, if I am let's say in 1943 era, and I want to install a new 1943 mission I just have to install it in the "mission folder" in the main root.

But I can also install it even if I'm in 1936 era, for example, if I install the new mission in the correct 1943_mission folder.

Right?...eh..:d

O-1Driver
September 29th, 2008, 05:34
So, in conclusion, if I am let's say in 1943 era, and I want to install a new 1943 mission I just have to install it in the "mission folder" in the main root.

But I can also install it even if I'm in 1936 era, for example, if I install the new mission in the correct 1943_mission folder.

Right?...eh..:d

Nonato,

You are correct but as Bob said, "We recommend placing the theater in the default era of 1936 when placing any new addons into the install."

Just to eliminate any possibility of problems,

O-1

Nonato
September 29th, 2008, 05:36
O-1

Please take a look at my other thread: "Problems with warping", please.

Thank you

N.

rbp71854
September 29th, 2008, 06:08
N

The reason we recommend placing the theater in the default 1936 era is that to minimize confusion adding addons we place the files in the proper folder format. i.e for a 1936 historical mission we place the mission file in the folders and subfolders thus CFS3 ETO Expansion\missions\ historical; and for a 1944 whatif mission file CFS3 ETO Expansion\1944_missions\whatif

Nonato,

You are correct but as Bob said, "We recommend placing the theater in the default era of 1936 when placing any new addons into the install."

Just to eliminate any possibility of problems,

O-1

Nonato
September 29th, 2008, 06:12
Understood rbp.

Thank you for this amazing addon.

I've just finished another Attack in the West mission and I'm very glad with the flight model for the P-36!!!

Congratulations to all involved!:applause::ernae: