PDA

View Full Version : A2A P-51D high-res "Rose Marie" "The Kelly Kid"

Headwind
June 9th, 2009, 17:22
So I had spoke with Jankee's about his repaint that he had done for the P-51 and after making sure it wouldn't not offend him if I re-worked it in the high-res kit I have it finished. He was kind enough to let me use his artwork for the little guy on the plane in which I'm very greatful. Once I hear from him to see if he will upload it or myself I'm sure it will be available to anyone that might want it. I do want to wait for him, after all it was his paint first. If you have any requests for the blue nose's or the same squadron as big beautiful doll let me know and I'll see what I can do. One thing is for certain, this painting stuff is addicting. I think the only time I have flown FSX in three days is when I was making sure it all looked right.

Let me know what you think.

http://www.oc77th.com/headwind/rosemarie.jpg

http://www.oc77th.com/headwind/rosemarie1.jpg

Rezabrya
June 9th, 2009, 19:54
Looks great. I thought the paint by Jankees looked great but then I saw it was bmp....

jankees
June 9th, 2009, 20:32
Looks great. I thought the paint by Jankees looked great but then I saw it was bmp....

actually, there is no difference between bmp and dds, it's just that dds files are a bit easier to read for FSX, being already flipped. They look exactly the same in the game. If you want dds textures, just open them in DXTbmp, flip them vertically and save as bmp, that's all...

anyway, Rose Marie looks nice!

Rezabrya
June 9th, 2009, 21:05
Ok that worked great. I appreciate it Jankees because that paint is sweet. Gotta love those blue noses!

BananaBob
June 9th, 2009, 21:42
Real nice work bro, that blue looks good on the Stang! :medals::ernae:

Headwind
June 9th, 2009, 21:46
ok she has been uploaded however before I zipped them I forgot to put them in the fold "texure" so you will have create that folder to put the .dds files in. I do apologize, it's late and well you know how it goes.

RyanJames170
June 9th, 2009, 21:57
looks cool
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

noddy
June 9th, 2009, 23:21
Super, job well done.

Meso
June 10th, 2009, 01:01
Which font do you use for the identification marks (left end right of the star on the fuselage)? I'm working on a repaint of Section eight, but the font i use is not bold.

kind regards,

Meso

Headwind
June 10th, 2009, 07:37
I have probably been doing this the hard way since I really don't know what I'm doing but when I can't seem to find a font that is just right I find one that is close and cut parts off and either scale, skew, or distort it.

jankees
June 10th, 2009, 09:25
I use Amarillo for the large codes, and USAAF serial stencil for the serial on the tail.
You can find them here: http://www.simmerspaintshop.com/forums/dlcat-military-fonts-19/

Headwind
June 10th, 2009, 09:32
lol see I knew I was doing it the hard way. :kilroy: