PDA

View Full Version : help with carrier operations

alex511
October 17th, 2008, 07:41
ciao to all

well...i need again som ehlp with carrier operations...

well right know i'm only able to land and take of with the captainsim f-18d and of course the hornet oresent in the Accelleration package.
I was asking my self if also it's possible to land on that carrier with alphasim prowler and intruder...because i'm bought them some time ago..and now i'ma slo going to buy the Razbam prowler...

i have also abacus 5 flight deck...but unfortunately...i'm not able to find the carrier...i mean i can land on abacus carrier only flying the missions included in the package..but it's impossible to change the plane...

about the carrier present it the Accelleration package, i was finally able to download the program that allow me to palce the carrier wherever i want...
the only problem is that ..when i use the replay option...just to look again my landing performance...well on the replay..there is no carrier so it looks like i'm landing on the water..
some one knows how i can fix that???

thanks in advance fro any help

and sorry for all the question..and my bad english

alex

chinookmark
October 17th, 2008, 08:54
I don't have Flight Deck 5 (or 4,3,2, or 1), but with the default missions, you can check "Enable Changes" on the mission selection page. Once you load a mission, then you can change the aircraft, weather, etc. I assume this will work with the FD5 missions as well.

As for the replay, well, you're out of luck. The replay isn't REALLY a replay, it's more of a reenactment, and doesn't model the AI, including the ships. The only way to see a replay of a carrier landing would be to use static carriers.

Bone
October 17th, 2008, 09:11
You could download a flyable version of the Accel carrier from the FSX scenery section at Simviation. There are two or three versions. Then, put it where you like flying the best and record it (FSrecorder) under power for awhile, and replay it to trap on. You can trap on it, but if you want to cat off of it you have to get the rcbo download.

Butcherbird17
October 17th, 2008, 09:23
There was a list (time table) of where you could find the default carrier (accel) out at sea, but i think it was lost in the Big Crash of 08.:d I might have it saved on my home rig, but it will be a few hrs before I get home from work to check. On the Alphasim intruder/prowler, it will work (trap and launch) on the (accel) carrier no problem. For video capture I would use Fraps or FSrecorder for that.

Joe

SkippyBing
October 17th, 2008, 09:42
To get a replay of landing on a carrier, you'll need to use FS Recorder to record the flight. When you replay the flight you'll need to reset the time to what it was when you started the recording (FS Recorder doesn't do this) if you record the flight from when you start and then reset it (CTRL + ; I think) you'll have no problems.
Basically the ships including carriers are AI traffic on a timetable so resetting the time places them back to where they were when you started the recording so they'll be where you were when you landed when the replay lands.

Bone
October 17th, 2008, 10:42
To get a replay of landing on a carrier, you'll need to use FS Recorder to record the flight. When you replay the flight you'll need to reset the time to what it was when you started the recording (FS Recorder doesn't do this) if you record the flight from when you start and then reset it (CTRL + ; I think) you'll have no problems.
Basically the ships including carriers are AI traffic on a timetable so resetting the time places them back to where they were when you started the recording so they'll be where you were when you landed when the replay lands.

It sounds like he was using the AIcarriers download, so I don't think resetting the time will work for that situation.

SkippyBing
October 17th, 2008, 11:14
Ah yeah, RTFQ on my part:costumes:

Butcherbird17
October 17th, 2008, 15:20
Here's what I have on time table's for the (accel) carrier.

The Norfolk based carrier schedule is as follows:

Departs Tuesdays 0330, runs down the coast 10-20 miles offshore, turns around near Wilmington, NC around 1445, and arrives Norfolk Wednesdays 0125
Departs Fridays 1540, turns around near Wilmington around 0240 Saturdays, and arrives back at Norfolk around 1325 Saturday

Honolulu (12 hour voyage)
Depart Pearl Sundays 1645, returns Mondays 0300 after running counterclockwise around Lanai, Maui and Molokai.
Depart Pearl Thursdays 0445, returns Thursdays about 1600, reverses previous route

Everett (KPAE) (33 hour voyage)
Departs Fridays 0715, Arrives San Francisco Saturdays 1800
Departs SFO Mondays at 1915, arrives Everett Wednesdays about 0630

San Francisco (18 hour voyage)
Departs SFO Saturdays 1730, arrives San Diego Sundays 1115
Departs SAN Wednesdays 0515, arrives SFO Wednesdays 2315

If you have the SDK installed, you can use the traffic map utility to find the carrier.

Joe

N332DW
October 17th, 2008, 17:58
here's what i had saved on the Acceleration AI carrier tracks, rearranged by days of the week ------

PHNL SUNDAY PM - MONDAY AM
Depart Pearl Sundays 1645,
counterclockwise around Lanai, Maui and Molokai
Returns Mondays 0300 .

KSFO MONDAY PM - WEDNESDAY AM
Departs KSFO Mondays at 1915,
Arrives KPAE Wednesdays about 0630

KGNU TUESDAY AM - WEDNESDAY AM
Departs KGNU Tuesdays 0330,
runs down the coast 10-20 miles offshore,
turns around near Wilmington, NC around 1445,
Returns Wednesdays 0125