PDA

View Full Version : 2 questions

XLR8
June 9th, 2009, 13:48
I have 2 questions to ask ?

1- Is there a way to use a already made aircraft con fig file in another plane.

2- I have a plane that keeps pitching up,how do I fix this. I know about the elevator trim,but would prefer it to fly level without a lot pf trim.thanks

Lionheart
June 9th, 2009, 14:26
Hello XLR8,

1. Yes you can. Just remember you have to change out all the coordinates such as contact points, nav lights, etc. Then comes weights, fuel locations and tank amounts, blades on the prop, etc.

2. An easy way is to move the pilot and or fuel around.. By moving the pilot forward, his weight will not change, and will remain stable (unlike fuel which dissipates during the engine burn).

The issue is in the balance and is usually done with the COG (Center of Gravity) but if you change that, everything (lights positions, contact points, etc) all moves with it. So you can make weights move instead such as the pilot.

Hint: You can create a balance weight in the payloads section (where the pilots and cargo are). Call it a battery or special cargo, bombs, etc, and give it a certain amount of weight and place it in a zone that will counter balance it. Test, adjust, reboot, repeat..

Bill