PDA

View Full Version : Martin Baker MB5

Helldiver
June 9th, 2009, 10:18
I've always liked the Martin Baker aircraft. It looks like a refined P-51 and it's performance acts like it. But like the F8-F Bearcat, it came out too late.
Well like a durn't fool I copied it into FSX, since Flight Simulator had it in the FSX category. It looks just beautiful, except for the prop. It's this big black thing that the clouds can cut right through it.
Hasn't Banana Bob got a couple of counter-rotating props to fix this up?

Henry
June 9th, 2009, 10:58
Thats not gonna work
i love Piglets in fs9
maybe we could sweet talk him into doing a fsx version
H

Helldiver
June 9th, 2009, 13:10
Henry. This one is so good, it deserves to be in FSX.
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c333/Robfolsom/MartinBaker.jpg?t=1244581724

Henry
June 9th, 2009, 13:14
Who's is it?
or where is it?
H

IanP
June 9th, 2009, 13:17
It's at flightsim.com, Henry - it's an old Alphasim model released as freeware that has been twiddled and re-released as a port for FSX... It looks like FSX SP1 only from that screenshot unfortunately!

Henry
June 9th, 2009, 13:44
I have it then
in my opinion i like piglets better
i have tried to port it
to no avail
thanks
H

Henry
June 9th, 2009, 14:06
actually i just re ported
the prop is better than helldivers
needs a little work but!
H

Rich
June 9th, 2009, 16:19
Re prop is this better I did this some time ago on the release of the Alphasim freeware version, unfortunately Piglets will not show in FSX.

Not sure if the txt file has actualy been attached if it has change the txt extension to dds and rename MB5BANDP.bmp to something else like
00 MB5BANDP.bmp

Rich
June 9th, 2009, 16:29
The txt did not get attached so trying again, seems it is over the limit for a txt file but it will accept a zip extension, same applies change the zip extension to dds.

Marlin
June 9th, 2009, 16:33
I wish that those folks wouldn't load this port over stuff into what is "FSX ONLY new files"

It is, and was made for FS9; therefore that is where it belongs!!!!!!!!!!

If I want to get portover stuff, I'll look in the "FS2004 ONLY new files" section. Good thing I'm not in charge of that huh? Or maybe they need some new rules for uploads, or not.:monkies:

Rich
June 9th, 2009, 16:44
I am not claiming anything, as far as I am concerned what I have done is a improvement even if it is in my eyes only, some stuff will move accross ok but a lot of the Alphasim freeware releases use a shared texture bmp such as this one, the Blackburn Firebrand took a while to get the canopy and prop right but it still ended up with some bits transparent, I still say thanks to Alphasim for releasing it.

Rich
June 10th, 2009, 20:03
Purely for my fancy, add a few paints, NOT my work, I got 2 packs of paints off Avsim, 1 of 4 paints and 1 of 6.
Add FSX catapult ability and tailhook another what if naval aircraft, ok no visible tailhook or folding wings but it is nice and at a good price

Sorry not very good with screenies

Rich
June 10th, 2009, 23:41
IanP,
As far as I can see all he did was add thumbnails the rest seems untouched, it does work with SP 2 as you can see from my lousey screenies

It's at flightsim.com, Henry - it's an old Alphasim model released as freeware that has been twiddled and re-released as a port for FSX... It looks like FSX SP1 only from that screenshot unfortunately!

IanP
June 11th, 2009, 07:58
Not sure what's going on with HD's prop then... Unless the two of you are using different archives of the aircraft?

I really appreciate Alphasim releasing models as freeware, but I'll be honest, I'm not at all impressed with anyone who adds a thumbnail - or even adds a couple of lines to aircraft.cfg - and releases a model as "FSX". It's not an FSX model and it never will be. It just so happens that a lot of FS9 models work pretty well in FSX!

Henry
June 11th, 2009, 08:30
I really appreciate Alphasim releasing models as freeware, but I'll be honest, I'm not at all impressed with anyone who adds a thumbnail - or even adds a couple of lines to aircraft.cfg - and releases a model as "FSX". It's not an FSX model and it never will be. It just so happens that a lot of FS9 models work pretty well in FSX!
i have never been impressed with anyone doing
minor changes or small tweaks
and then re uploading, that stuff is done by helpers
if i have a tweak here share it, such as Rich and others
but it has been a long term gripe with me
been going on for years
just dont get me started:isadizzy:
LOL
H

Lateral-G
June 11th, 2009, 10:11
been going on for years
LOL
H

Have to agree with you there Henry. There's a few jokers at Simviation that excel in that practice. :kilroy:

-G-

Rich
June 11th, 2009, 15:41
Ian I reworked that prop bmp and saved as dds which I made availiable here, it was off the as release which is what was posted on Flightsim.com but apart from adding thumbnails was untouched, I just spent some time on the prop and canopy. FSX was not claimed by me just happens it works in FSX.

Those screenies were done with the prop I worked on, it seems his thumbnails were done in FS9 as there is no sign of black props.

Not sure what's going on with HD's prop then... Unless the two of you are using different archives of the aircraft?

3/7charlie
June 11th, 2009, 15:45
Purely for my fancy, add a few paints, NOT my work, I got 2 packs of paints off Avsim, 1 of 4 paints and 1 of 6.
Add FSX catapult ability and tailhook another what if naval aircraft, ok no visible tailhook or folding wings but it is nice and at a good price

Sorry not very good with screenies
Say Rich.Where can those repaints be found. those are sweet!
3/7charlie

Helldiver
June 11th, 2009, 16:17
Can somebody tell me simply how to get rid of the black props? Since there was no FSX version of the MB-5, you takes what's offered.

Rich
June 11th, 2009, 16:36
Helldiver, I posted a fix a few days ago, download that file and change the zip extension to dds and rename MB5BANDP.bmp to something else like
00 MB5BANDP.bmp as you can see in my screenies the prps are much better.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1354&d=1244593584

The txt did not get attached so trying again, seems it is over the limit for a txt file but it will accept a zip extension, same applies change the zip extension to dds.

Rich
June 11th, 2009, 16:43
3/7charlie, I got them off avsim.com some time ago unfortunately avsim is still down.

File names

martin_baker_mb5s.zip

mb5_batch_2.zip

By Nick Bradin

A quick google only has them listed at avsim

Say Rich.Where can those repaints be found. those are sweet!
3/7charlie

Rich
June 11th, 2009, 18:04
Henry, I only make available the bits I have done not the whole thing as in the case of the Force Feedback fix for Dave Garwoods first hunter release for Fs9, at the moment my time is taken up getting carrier planes to launch and trap properly, got a fair few done including the JF Sea Mosquito, and other taildraggers so they do'nt nose over when caught

been going on for years
LOL
H

Helldiver
June 11th, 2009, 18:28
Rich - You know what your doing but I don't know what your doing. What text are you talking about? What's dds?

Rich
June 11th, 2009, 18:43
Helldiver, download this file, it will arrive as MB5BANDP.zip change the zip bit to dds so you end up with MB5BANDP.dds put that file into your texture folders and rename the MB5BANDP.bmp that is there to
00 MB5BANDP.bmp

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1354&d=1244593584

Rich - You know what your doing but I don't know what your doing. What text are you talking about? What's dds?

Henry
June 11th, 2009, 18:44
Henry, I only make available the bits I have done not the whole thing as in the case of the Force Feedback fix for Dave Garwoods first hunter release for Fs9, at the moment my time is taken up getting carrier planes to launch and trap properly, got a fair few done including the JF Sea Mosquito, and other taildraggers so they do'nt nose over when caught
i was not referring to you as the wrong people
but as the right people
do a fix and upload not the whole thing
now you did a fix for a mossie im all ears:icon_lol:
H

Rich
June 11th, 2009, 19:01
Henry, add this line to your light section with the lights on you should have a white light on the deck just in front of the aircraft this is the launch attachment point get this light in the carrier launch box, being patriotic I only use Ark Royal and the WIP HMS Victorious so no idea of what the default carriers look like, this is for Mosquito MkTR33 FSX model

light.3 = 3, 10.423, 0.0, -9.42, fx_navwhi //lug

replace the current tailhook section with this one adding the launch assistance bit at the same time
and hopefully it will work for you too,

[TailHook]
tailhook_length = 5
tailhook_position = -23, 0, -1
cable_force_adjust = 5.5

[launch_assistance]
launch_bar_pivot =6.433, 0.0, -3.522
launch_bar_lug = 10.423, 0.0, -9.42

Henry
June 12th, 2009, 05:25
Thanks!
thats what im talking about:applause::applause::applause::applause:
H

Henry
June 12th, 2009, 06:54
works perfectly!
thanks i was wondering how to do that
H

Helldiver
June 12th, 2009, 10:16
Well I did what you said Rich and the props disappeared.
So did he canopy, the exhaust and the landing gear, mains and tail wheel.
I'm not a software Guru. I can copy and paste. That's about the extent of it.

Henry
June 12th, 2009, 10:51
Well I did what you said Rich and the props disappeared.
So did he canopy, the exhaust and the landing gear, mains and tail wheel.
I'm not a software Guru. I can copy and paste. That's about the extent of it.it works
let me see what i can do to fix you up
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b327/henrybaker/mb.jpg

H

Desert Rat
June 12th, 2009, 13:25
Henry,

your bmp used also effects the gear doors, etc. as you know. This has caused me some problems and strife. Still haven't mananged to fix them and dunno if it's possible? Making an updated texture for individual versions is easy enough, my problem is that it also effect this.....

;)
Jamie

Desert Rat
June 12th, 2009, 13:27
FS9 screenies BTW, it's a work in progress, keeping it native while I work.

Rich
June 12th, 2009, 15:24
JDTinballs, yes it needs individual bmp's as the gear doors and radiator doors use that same bmp so it can't be a shared texture. I have redone the bmp as individual bmp for each aircraft so the gear doors etc are correctly coloured. Get the same sort of problem on the Firebrand.

Rich
June 12th, 2009, 16:55
Update to correct gear door colours now that it has been confirmed that the prop fix works on other computers not just mine.

there is a readme included hopefully understandable, just take care to put the correct bmp into the correct folder and if you have my earlier MB5BANDP.dds delete it

Rich
June 12th, 2009, 17:48
Jamie, what is all the bluish tints on the wings is that part of your repaint ?

Henry is not to blame here, I uploaded a dds file to confirm the prop textures worked on other comps, now gone back to bmps as dds has no advantage in this case, see screenies above.

Henry,

your bmp used also effects the gear doors, etc. as you know. This has caused me some problems and strife. Still haven't mananged to fix them and dunno if it's possible? Making an updated texture for individual versions is easy enough, my problem is that it also effect this.....

;)
Jamie

Helldiver
June 12th, 2009, 19:04
I guess that I'm just plain screwed.

Rich
June 12th, 2009, 19:13
Helldiver, what is the problem ? are you having trouble still. ?

Rich
June 12th, 2009, 22:33
Jamie, from those screenshots it looks to me as if you are doing your paint in DXT3 format and the colours are getting corrupted in that format making it worse every time you save. If I am right it will take a lot of work to clean it up, it may be easier to start with another copy of those bmp's, first thing to do then is convert them to 32 bit format then do your whole work in 32 bit and always save in 32 bit to avoid DXT3 corruption, when you are happy make a back up in 32 bit then convert one to DXT3.

this is the bmp that has the gear bits you probably know this allready, it is awkward in as much as there is only one set and are mirrored so no different left and right wing markings in that area

Henry,

;)
Jamie

lefty
June 12th, 2009, 23:59
Can somebody not tweak Piglet's FS2004 MB5 ? Seems to work apart from panel.

Here she is at Leuchars

Rich
June 13th, 2009, 00:08
Is that FSX or Fs 9 I can't get it to show in FSX at all

Can somebody not tweak Piglet's FS2004 MB5 ? Seems to work apart from panel.

Here she is at Leuchars

lefty
June 13th, 2009, 01:21
I only have FSX on this rig. Just popped it straight into the folder.

SpaceWeevil
June 13th, 2009, 02:23

Sorry for butting in...

Helldiver, inside the MB5propfix.zip file are three folders - RAF texture etc. Inside THEM are the actual folders you need, each with just one texture called MB5BANDP. If you drag all three of those 'inner' folders into your MB5 folder, windows should merge them for you - just say yes to the over-write prompt.Good luck!

Helldiver
June 13th, 2009, 03:44
I did all the textures and now I have no prop, no exhaust, no canopy and no landing gear.
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c333/Robfolsom/MB-5.jpg?t=1244893417

Desert Rat
June 13th, 2009, 06:53
Rich,

yeah I know that resaving DXT files degrades the quality, that's not the problem ;) You see the problem I have with the gear doors is they don't have that blue-tinge you noticed. The pics show not a repaint but a reflective alpha channel (just a quick and dirty one, hence the 'bity' appearance, the alpha being very low bit colour depth causes the very rough gradients.) My problem is if I add reflections to the bmp that has the gear doors on it the prop gets all fubar'd. It also has the glass on it and reflections on that would be great. The only thing I can imagine fixing my probs is if the prop disc used a different texture, possible but extremely difficult without the source files. If you compare my pics to Helldivers one above you'll notice the difference on the same aircraft.

HD, looks like you may have a full ALPHA channel on your texture making them transparent. EDIT, if your using Richs files they have a correct ALPHA channel, so dunno I'm afraid.

Jamie

Rich
June 13th, 2009, 16:27
Helldiver, assuming you have unzipped the download you will find 3 more zips inside, unzip each of those, each should give you a 3 folders with 3 different names, texture, texture RAF and texture RAF2 inside each of those folders is another with the same name inside that folder is a bmp in all cases they have the same name, but they are all slightly different, MB5BANDP.bmp is the name of the bmp.

Delete the bmp of that name from your MB5 folders = texture, texture.RAF and texture.RAF2.

copy past the BMP only from the folders you downloaded into the MB5 texture folders with the same name, copying the folder in will not work as the bmp is hidden from FSX.

From your screenshot fsx is not finding MB5BANDP.bmp, there is nothing wrong with the bmps, in each of the 3 texture folders you should have these 5 bmp for each aircraft they all have the same name but are different for each aircraft so do'nt mix them up that is why there are 3 copies of MB5BANDP.bmp

MB5FUS.bmp
MB5PANEL.bmp
MB5WINGS.bmp
MB5BANDP.bmp
CREW.BMP

This update will give correctly coloured gear doors and rad door.

The MB5 model requires individualy painted copies of this bmp to have the correct colours on different aircraft

Please let us know how you get on

I did all the textures and now I have no prop, no exhaust, no canopy and no landing gear.
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c333/Robfolsom/MB-5.jpg?t=1244893417

Rich
June 13th, 2009, 17:29
JDTinballs, try this on your bare metal model it will apply some degree of alpha to your gear doors etc it will give you a template to play with it is the old chestnut MB5BANDP.bmp with the geardoors added the prop and canopy should be unaffected.

Just had a play around with the alpha for the gear doors but there seems no way to stop the alpha making the doors transparent gone down to almost white and still some transparency

this is for JDTinballs development only and should not be used as a update for anyone else it needs further work by him

Rich,

yeah I know that resaving DXT files degrades the quality, that's not the problem ;) You see the problem I have with the gear doors is they don't have that blue-tinge you noticed. The pics show not a repaint but a reflective alpha channel (just a quick and dirty one, hence the 'bity' appearance, the alpha being very low bit colour depth causes the very rough gradients.) My problem is if I add reflections to the bmp that has the gear doors on it the prop gets all fubar'd. It also has the glass on it and reflections on that would be great. The only thing I can imagine fixing my probs is if the prop disc used a different texture, possible but extremely difficult without the source files. If you compare my pics to Helldivers one above you'll notice the difference on the same aircraft.

HD, looks like you may have a full ALPHA channel on your texture making them transparent. EDIT, if your using Richs files they have a correct ALPHA channel, so dunno I'm afraid.

Jamie

Rich
June 13th, 2009, 20:17
lefty, I've got Piglets prototype into FSX but the production model will not show, the panel works ok but the panel.cfg needs a edit to fix it being squashed which also disstorts the external model,the gauges you will need to move over to the FSX guages folder,I have fixed the prop but not going to persue anything else as it would out of my limited ability.

In the panel.cfg scroll to the botom,delete the Default view bit and copy paste this to replace it

[Default View]
X=0
Y=0
SIZE_X=8191
SIZE_Y=6434

I only have FSX on this rig. Just popped it straight into the folder.

Desert Rat
June 14th, 2009, 03:56
Rich,

cheers for the file, but I'm sorted, kinda. The problem isn't the bmp itself but the fact that if I enable reflections on that bmp (rather than transparency) it stops the prop being transparent. So I set about making the prop use a different Tex sheet, hence the pink disc for testing. It worked for the gear doors etc, but had a little side effect on the canopy, d'oh!! Gonna keep on working on it.

:ernae:
Jamie

UnknownGuest12
June 15th, 2009, 08:16
Thanks a lot Rich.
Your's 3 texture file for the propellers working just fine here.

Helldiver
June 15th, 2009, 10:51
Rich, I have had a stroke. I can copy and paste but that's about it. Give me three or four things to do and my mind just shuts down.
Could you give me a download that I can copy and make MB-5 right?

Rich
June 15th, 2009, 19:09
Helldiver, locate your MB5 folder in FSX open that folder, inside you should have a number of texture folders.

The ones you are interested in are named

texture

texture.RAF

texture.RAF2

open the one named texture inside you should have 5 bmp's named

MB5FUS.bmp

MB5PANEL.bmp

MB5WINGS.bmp

MB5BANDP.bmp !!!!!!! THIS is the one you are interested in, delete it !!!!

CREW.BMP

So you end up with only 4 bmp's

MB5FUS.bmp

MB5PANEL.bmp

MB5WINGS.bmp

CREW.BMP

You should already have downloaded this zip and unzipped it,

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1679&d=1244854235

inside there were 3 more zips named

texture.zip

texture.RAF.zip

texture.RAF2.zip

which when unzipped will give you 3 folders named

texture

texture.RAF

texture.RAF2

start with the one named texture first, open that one, inside is another folder of the same name, copy paste that folder into the MB5 folder in FSX, you should then get a message saying there is allready a folder of that name do you want to overwrite, answer yes.

Check in the MB5 folder in FSX you should have 5 bmp's again named

MB5FUS.bmp

MB5PANEL.bmp

MB5WINGS.bmp

MB5BANDP.bmp

CREW.BMP

Start FSX and check your MB5 and you should have all the bits showing on the prototype, if it is ok do the same with texture.RAF and texture.RAF2.

I have not done the racer textures as I do not use them

Rich
June 15th, 2009, 19:56
Beaufighter, thanks for the post, you and Henry are the only ones that have cofirmed it works.

Keep your eyes peeled emailed Nick Bradin a very good painter who has done a fair few what if repaints which were unfortunately only availiable at avsim.com and can't be accesed, Nick is going to upload to SOH and flightsim.com, there are a couple of Royal Navy paints among them so a carrier capable in launch and trap was a must for me

Thanks a lot Rich.
Your's 3 texture file for the propellers working just fine here.

Henry
June 16th, 2009, 07:38
I believe helldiver is using the one at sim v
not the pure Alpha one
Did my fix help
H

Rich
June 16th, 2009, 16:24
Henry, sorry which fix ?

I believe helldiver is using the one at sim v
not the pure Alpha one
Did my fix help
H

Henry
June 16th, 2009, 17:02
Henry, sorry which fix ?
I gave him a copy of all my texture folders
with your dds file to replace his texture folders
not my fix but a fix to help
H

Rich
June 16th, 2009, 17:29
Henry, ok got you now, that dds has been replaced with a bmp for each texture as the gear doors and other bits are different for each paint as per this,

Helldiver, locate your MB5 folder in FSX open that folder, inside you should have a number of texture folders.

The ones you are interested in are named

texture

texture.RAF

texture.RAF2

open the one named texture inside you should have 5 bmp's named

MB5FUS.bmp

MB5PANEL.bmp

MB5WINGS.bmp

MB5BANDP.bmp !!!!!!! THIS is the one you are interested in, delete it !!!!

CREW.BMP

So you end up with only 4 bmp's

MB5FUS.bmp

MB5PANEL.bmp

MB5WINGS.bmp

CREW.BMP

You should already have downloaded this zip and unzipped it,

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...9&d=1244854235 (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1679&d=1244854235)

inside there were 3 more zips named

texture.zip

texture.RAF.zip

texture.RAF2.zip

which when unzipped will give you 3 folders named

texture

texture.RAF

texture.RAF2

start with the one named texture first, open that one, inside is another folder of the same name, copy paste that folder into the MB5 folder in FSX, you should then get a message saying there is allready a folder of that name do you want to overwrite, answer yes.

Check in the MB5 folder in FSX you should have 5 bmp's again named

MB5FUS.bmp

MB5PANEL.bmp

MB5WINGS.bmp

MB5BANDP.bmp

CREW.BMP

Start FSX and check your MB5 and you should have all the bits showing on the prototype, if it is ok do the same with texture.RAF and texture.RAF2.

I have not done the racer textures as I do not use them

you will see on your screeny there are grey doors on the underside on the yellow wings, the rad door and tailwheel are also grey this latest setup will give the correct colours for each model along with the propfix on each model.

Sorry for the confusion

NickB
June 17th, 2009, 06:06
The aforementioned repaints for Alphasims MB5 have now been uploaded to SOH and Flightsim.com. These repaints are for FS9. For them to work in FSX you will need to make the changes mentioned by Rich. If someone wants to amend these files for FSX and then upload them, please do. I don't have FSX so I won't be doing it myself.

Henry
June 17th, 2009, 06:17
great looking!
H

Henry
June 17th, 2009, 07:37
Thanks this ones good for carrier work:applause:
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b327/henrybaker/mb5.jpg

H

Rich
June 17th, 2009, 15:54
Nick, Many thanks for the upload, I will do the bmp's for FSX which I think will also work in Fs9, as you know it will need a seperate MB5BANDP.bmp for each to get the gear door colours right for each of them.

Henry have you got it trapping and launching ok ie not tipping on its nose on trap or being pulled down into the deck on launch ?

Henry
June 17th, 2009, 16:05
Henry have you got it trapping and launching ok ie not tipping on its nose on trap or being pulled down into the deck on launch ?
actually i cannot trap:173go1:thats me not the plane
but i can launch i used the same set up that you gave
catapults fine
H

Rich
June 17th, 2009, 16:46
Henry, try this
replace tailhook and launch assist with this the mossie hook may well be way out this is off my MB5

The mossie hook is -23 to far back this at -18 should do it

add to lights to give hookup point
light.2 = 3, 10.423, 0.0, -9.00, fx_navwhi

[tailhook]
tailhook_length = 4.5
tailhook_position = -18.0, 0.0, 0.0
cable_force_adjust=5.0

[launch_assistance]
launch_bar_pivot = 5.433, 0.0, -2.522
launch_bar_lug = 10.423, 0.0, -7.42

Henry
June 17th, 2009, 16:50
thanks
H

Helldiver
June 17th, 2009, 17:54
Henry, Henry, Henry. How many times do I have to tell you that you don't "trap" a tail dragger. That term only came along with the bloody, smelly, oil burners, - the jets.
Proper name would be, "Catching a wire".
Correctly, the third wire.

Henry
June 17th, 2009, 18:20
Henry, Henry, Henry. How many times do I have to tell you that you don't "trap" a tail dragger. That term only came along with the bloody, smelly, oil burners, - the jets.
Proper name would be, "Catching a wire".
Correctly, the third wire.
but i miss the wire anyway
proper name would be catching a wave in my case:173go1:
LOL
H

Helldiver
June 17th, 2009, 18:25
Yea Rich! Thanks to you I now have MB-5s up the kazoo and they all look terrific. I'm happy.
Interesting thing though, none of them have antennas. How did hey communicate?

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c333/Robfolsom/MartnBakerMB-5.jpg?t=1245291598

Rich
June 17th, 2009, 18:38
Helldiver, glad you now have it working ok, re antennas if you look just behind the cockpit you will see a thin vhf/uhf antenna, gone were the days of miles of wire festooned all over and it should be remembered the plane never went into production so only pics of the prototype exist and I suspect it was modeled on that production models may well have had more antennas.

Henry can you catch with the Mossie, with both the Mossie and the MB5 you need to arm the hook with whatever key you have assigned to the tailhook to arm it on approach, in the Mossie the tailhook switch only works the visual tailhook it does not arm it.

More often than not I catch No1 wire

Henry
June 18th, 2009, 06:19
Henry can you catch with the Mossie, with both the Mossie and the MB5 you need to arm the hook with whatever key you have assigned to the tailhook to arm it on approach, in the Mossie the tailhook switch only works the visual tailhook it does not arm it.

More often than not I catch No1 wire
i couldnt catch a cold
but yes i do use the tailhook button on my joystick
i will keep practising
Thanks
H

Helldiver
June 18th, 2009, 10:37
S'funny thing. One of the original ones was a beautiul racer version but now, sadly, it's gone.
Gone to that vast electonic waste land where all deleted files disappear to.
Rich, Is there any way to resurrect the dead?

Rich
June 18th, 2009, 17:18
Helldiver, please re read installation.txt in the download you got from me what I passed to you is my setup, I do not have the racers as I never use them and to save disc space I do'nt have them on.

""Locate your MB5 folder in the FSX Airplane folder open it and DELETE it then replace it with this one. there are no Racer textures or entries in the aircraft.cfg so you will not be able to sellect them
This is what I have on my setup hopefully it will give you the MB5""

If you are desperate for them I will modify the textures with the prop fix and the canopies which are on a different bmp to the prop.

The aircraft.cfg you have in my download will give you working cat launch and arrester

Rich

Rich
June 18th, 2009, 18:36
Uploaded to CBF
These files are for the Alphasim MB5 to fix the black props in FSX, while they will work in Fs9 the props and canopy maybe too transparent for most so use the unmodified textures availiable on SOH or Flightsim.com
Note I ommited to do the Racer as I never use it I have however done a fix since which fixes the prop and the canopy transparency

They are What If paints since the Mb5 never went into service

The copyright remains the property of Nick Bradin, I only modified 1 bmp in each paint

Many Thanks Nick

Untill I get sorted to upload here on SOH the fixed paints are availiable here in Classic British Files but the racer is unfixed as yet.

Did a bit of a boo boo when I uploaded in as much as 1 batch is in Aircraft Repaints and the other in Aircraft Civil

http://classicbritishfiles.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=130

Rich

Rich
June 18th, 2009, 19:46
MB5 Racer updates uploaded to Classic British Files to fix black prop and improve canopy transparency.

These files are for the Alphasim MB5 to fix the black props in FSX, while they will work in Fs9 the props and canopy maybe too transparent for most so use the unmodified textures availiable on SOH or Flightsim.com.

When they appear they should be in Aircraft Repaints

Helldiver I will sort your racers as before as your aircraft cfg will be different

http://classicbritishfiles.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=130

Helldiver
June 18th, 2009, 19:51
No big deal Rich. I got enough MB-5s to keep me content for the rest of my days.
As far as catching a wire, it's too removed from the real thing. And if it was like the real thing, my hemmoroids wouldn't take it.
Probably where I got them in the first place, come to think about it.

Rich
June 22nd, 2009, 17:14
All paints uploaded in a single pack including racers, still waiting for a password to upload to SOH so for the time being they are only availiable in the single pack at CBF.

This is to fix the black prop textures in FSX there is no claim the model is FSX but it works ok for me. While they will work in Fs9 I think it makes the prop and canopy a little to transparent so for Fs9 use stick with Nicks textures.

Included is settings for carrier ops both Cat and trap, there is no visible hook on the model but since there are some FAA paints I added virtual hook.

http://classicbritishfiles.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=28&func=fileinfo&id=1335

Helldiver
June 24th, 2009, 04:36
What's a "CBF"?

Z-PurpleBubble
June 24th, 2009, 05:13
Helldiver,

CBF is a site called Classic British Files.