PDA

View Full Version : Apple releases details on new 3GS iPhone

Lionheart
June 8th, 2009, 12:38
hey guys,

Apple released commercial videos on the new iPhone 3GS today. Supposedly faster, and will have 101 new features including copy/paste, and a video camera instead of a basic camera. The Camera will also feature Autofocus for better picture capabilities.

The iPhone goes on sale until June 19th.

More here; www.apple.com

The phone, on the outside, appears to look the same. The higher located microphone appears to have been a false report unless they are going to make something else.

Bill

Cratermaker
June 8th, 2009, 13:26
Not in the market for a phone, so I found the Snow Leopard features more interesting. :applause:

Lionheart
June 8th, 2009, 16:28
Not in the market for a phone, so I found the Snow Leopard features more interesting. :applause:

Roger that. I am pretty impressed with OSX, so if Snow Leopard is a pretty good leap in improvements, I will be getting that.

Lionheart
June 8th, 2009, 16:30
I just found this online.

http://iphone3g-india.com/iphone-and-bluetooth-keyboard-synced/

You can sync a iPhone to a bluetooth keyboard. This is ideal for me. A small bluetooth keyboard at a local bookstore/coffee shop basically would convert the iPhone into a laptop for chatting, checking emails, and forums.. All at once.

My hp Jornada had this (fold up keyboard) and I loved it. One of the things I have wanted for the iPod Touch.... badly..

Mind you, this is a prototype and requires jailbreak, which I know nothing about.

Bill

Chacha
June 8th, 2009, 16:52
Jailbreaking allows iPhone and iPod Touch users to run unofficial code on their devices bypassing Apple's official distribution mechanism, the App Store (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/App_Store).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jailbreak_(iPhone)

Eli :running: :running:

Lionheart
June 8th, 2009, 17:01
Jailbreaking allows iPhone and iPod Touch users to run unofficial code on their devices bypassing Apple's official distribution mechanism, the App Store (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/App_Store).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jailbreak_(iPhone)

Eli :running: :running:

Ahhh.. Thanks ChaCha.

:engel016:

Perhaps OS3 will allow their system.

Bill

Panther_99FS
June 8th, 2009, 17:02
Apple iPhone OS 3.0 & jailbreaking = bad idea....;)

Chacha
June 8th, 2009, 17:08
Apple iPhone OS 3.0 & jailbreaking = bad idea....;)

I agree 112%

Eli :running:

Lionheart
June 9th, 2009, 23:38
The World Wide Developers Convention is now available to watch at Apple. Go here;

http://events.apple.com.edgesuite.net/0906paowdnv/event/index.html?internal=ijalrmacu

Some of the things mentioned;
* MacOSX Snow Leopard update for OSX owners; $29.00
* Snow Leopard OS is now 64Bit (not 32bit anymore) comes with tools for adapting software to 64bit.
* iPhone now has 32Gig version
* iPhone now has voice commands for most all base programs in the iPhone
* iPhone OS3 is available free to all iPhone owners, but costs $9.95 to iPod Touch owners
* iPhone OS3 launches on the 17th of June (in the United States, England, Germany, and a couple of others)
* iPhone 3GS (new build of the iPhone) launches on June 17th, other countries follow in waves of one week each through to Aug. 9th.
* New technologies now allow for hardware to work 'with' iPhone, so it looks like that keyboard is in the near future
* Tether; you can now link you iPhone to a laptop and go online through your phone, be it Mac or PC. :d :d :d

Movie presentation is very long. Just over 2 hours. (2:04).

Tons of new technologies being launched. New batteries for all items except MacBookPro 17inch, which had the first super battery installed already at Christmas. Other Macbookpros and iPhone and iPod Touch recieve the new version batteries now.

I cant believe they are the same company as 10 years ago..

Bill

Chacha
June 10th, 2009, 07:16
Cool, I can locate my iPhone wherever I misplaced it, send message to the one who found it, self destruction information in your cellphone, so all your information are deleted, I can locate it through a navigation system, and it will tell me where exactly my cellphone is... Cool ....The price is just right.... $99 on an 8 gig... Awesome!

A new iPhone 3Gs...... $99.00

A new case for the iPhone 3Gs..... $14.00

Getting in touch with friends and family ............. Priceless!! :applause:

Eli :running:

n4gix
June 10th, 2009, 09:03
I'm developing a new app for it that will transform your iPhone into a three bedroom, 2 1/2 bath ranch style home. It uses my proprietary tetris space-folding algorithim.

Lionheart
June 10th, 2009, 09:32
I'm developing a new app for it that will transform your iPhone into a three bedroom, 2 1/2 bath ranch style home. It uses my proprietary tetris space-folding algorithim.

lolol...

AckAck
June 10th, 2009, 18:24

Didn't they also use that for the All Spark in the Transformers movie? Hope they paid you a good fee.

Brian

Lionheart
June 10th, 2009, 18:35

I think Bills been watching 'Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy' again...

:jump:

Silver Fox
June 11th, 2009, 08:53
n4gix, two quick questions... Will your app work for the iPod Touch, and will it be free? ;)

I can't wait for OS 3! I've got a 2nd Gen Touch and a Bluetooth headset is in my future!

n4gix
June 11th, 2009, 10:27
n4gix, two quick questions... Will your app work for the iPod Touch, and will it be free? ;)

I can't wait for OS 3! I've got a 2nd Gen Touch and a Bluetooth headset is in my future!

Yes, it will work with both platforms.

Free? Are you mad? It will be initially offered at the amazingly low, low price of only $649,293 (lot and driveway not included).

For only $3,500 additional, you can add wheels and a towbar so you can go mobile with it hitched to your Kia...

Wing_Z
June 11th, 2009, 13:27
* iPhone 3GS (new build of the iPhone) launches on June 17th, other countries follow in waves of one week each through to Aug. 9th....

My telephone (yes, that's all it does) has finally worn out the cursor button.
Are you saying I should tape it back in place and wait for the "S" to appear after 3G?

Lionheart
June 11th, 2009, 13:59
My telephone (yes, that's all it does) has finally worn out the cursor button.
Are you saying I should tape it back in place and wait for the "S" to appear after 3G?

Its up to you. Basically its the same phone with different inner bits. Its only faster. They still offer the 8Gig 3G (standard) and its now 99.00 USD. So if you do not have over 8 Gigs of music/movies/apps, then its for you.

They will have a 32Gig, which I am interested in.

I heard that the Tether option, which allows for a laptop with WiFi to link into it onto the Web can be done without cables, so the WiFi of the phone works like a WiFi hub, lol... I love that. I have wanted to do this for 6 or 8 years now. Glad its finally here and that high tech that no wires are needed. (Leave the phone in your pocket, the spokesman said).

EDIT: I am sure you will be able to find tons of left over 16Gig standard phones. They might even offer them at lower prices now to get rid of them. But I do not know if Tether is with the older 3G phones.. It might be a 3GS option only.

Bill

Wittpilot
June 11th, 2009, 17:29
I heard that the Tether option, which allows for a laptop with WiFi to link into it onto the Web can be done without cables, so the WiFi of the phone works like a WiFi hub, lol... I love that. I have wanted to do this for 6 or 8 years now. Glad its finally here and that high tech that no wires are needed. (Leave the phone in your pocket, the spokesman said).

Bill

Bill, I am excited about this too... I have a laptop I do all of my work for The Liberty Foundation on, and another aviation related group on, and I don't have a wireless router... so this is going to be great, I can hook up for a few min. in the living room, and don't have to go to the bedroom or basement for a hardwire... .looking forward to it... Wouldn't it also be nice if they could just make a keyboard to hook up via usb???? You wouldn't even need a laptop anymore!

Lionheart
June 11th, 2009, 21:30
Wouldn't it also be nice if they could just make a keyboard to hook up via usb???? You wouldn't even need a laptop anymore!

Looks like they did. Check post 3 from the top. Now with OS3, they can link in other hardware to iPhone/iPod, which will include keyboards.

That one above was a prototype that needed to use Jailbreak. Now with 3.0, it should be available.

Great stuff....

Bill