PDA

View Full Version : ACER and fsx

foo_fighter
June 8th, 2009, 05:51
Hi guys!

I finally decided to install fsx in both my systems, desktop and notebook - both windows 7 and they`re doing fine....except my notebook that`s quite poor. My system is an ACER 4220 1,5 giga ram and I would like to know if there is any way to improve fps and image quality.
Thanks in advance

harleyman
June 8th, 2009, 07:26
Hey..To properly tell you that we would need all your system specs ..

Vid cards Hdd OS etc...

foo_fighter
June 8th, 2009, 11:29
Sorry my poor info, here we go
Intel Solo processor T1350 - 1.86, 533 MHz, 2MB L2 Cache
15.4' WXGA TFT LCD
Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950
1,5 GRAM DDR2

I know it wont`t super, but I couldn`t install sp2 for example, the installer said my video card was not "good enough" :isadizzy:

Thanks for your reply

txnetcop
June 8th, 2009, 11:37
If you wanted to game on the notebook the Intel GMA 950 is not the one to use. This will help you understand why you can't run FSX very well if at all. Your CPU is another hinderance. This card barely plays fs9 and the background textures will not render well.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Graphics-Media-Accelerator-950.2177.0.html
Ted

foo_fighter
June 8th, 2009, 11:53
:blind: yup....as I thought....she`s quite lazie uhn?

But that`s ok, thanks for your answer, I`ll try to play it like this, I think my desktop will be always the 1st choice....

Thanx!

foo_fighter
June 8th, 2009, 13:00
Hey, txnetcop!

Big thanx pal!
I`ve got a lil improvement in my system using GMABooster!!!
Never heard about it but worked fine!!:ernae:

Cya!

txnetcop
June 8th, 2009, 15:36
yes I use GMA Booster on my Winbook with a GMA 3100 to play FS9/FSX but I haven't been overly impressed with the graphics rendering you are still dealing with a pitiful graphics engine, however any improvement is an improvement worth having when you want to fly your 'puter when you are on the road.
Good luck,
Ted