PDA

View Full Version : Snowdog Tours and Tongass Fjords

dswo
June 7th, 2009, 11:52
Yesterday I did two flights out of Sitka, so that I would have a clear picture of what it looks like in the default scenery, pre-Tongass. The first time I looked around and realized that I was in MoCat Land, so for the second flight I deactivated the "Snowdog Tours" layer in my scenery library. That works, but of course you lose all of "Snowdog," not just Sitka.

Has anyone figured out which "Snowdog" files will need to be deactivated so as not to interfere with "Tongass"? I would have posted this on the FSAddOn forum, but I'm having trouble registering there. (FD, if you're reading this, humor me and try registering yourself under a new user name.)

Holger Sandmann
June 7th, 2009, 12:06
Hi David,

I believe Bill answered a similar question in the previous Tongass X thread here at SOH. You won't need to deactivate any files, just make sure that the MoCat entries are below the Tongass X entries and all of Chris' files within the Tongass X area will be automatically excluded. We provide the same seaplane bases and airfields (and lots more) and they are in their correct location (while Chris had to rely on the coarse default shorelines etc.) so you won't lose anything in terms of scenery enhancements.

Cheers, Holger