PDA

View Full Version : Drop Tanks

fani
June 7th, 2009, 10:16
I would like adding sections : 534 Left drop tank & 535 Right drop tank
to un Airfile. Do you think is possible ????

:isadizzy::isadizzy:

bearcat241
June 7th, 2009, 11:13
Yes...if the air file doesn't have these entries already, why not add them? If you borrow them from another model, you most likely will have to change the offsets (locations, in foot measurements) and the tank capacities to match your model's specs.

Offsets are measured left and right of the model's nose to tail centerline and above and below the lateral axis running through the wingspan. For most fighters, if the tanks are mounted between the cockpit and landing gear, its gonna be about 4.5 to 5 feet from centerline. Double that for tanks outside of the landing gear. Left locations are done with negative values like -5.00, so are locations below wing's lateral axis.

fani
June 9th, 2009, 14:17
I mean adding the new sections to a given airfile without changing the
airfile.

bearcat241
June 9th, 2009, 20:08
Not sure i understand...if you add anything new to an air file you inevitably change it. After adding the new entries, changing the offsets and tank capacities is optional -- you don't have to if you don't want to.

dvslats
June 11th, 2009, 11:40
Here are some pictures from an older thread. This is done using Aired that can be found at simviation. 1 is an airfile with drop tanks. 2 and 3 show how to copy and add the entries to an airfile without them.

fani
June 11th, 2009, 13:53
Just now I discover the functions Copy to clipboard & Add to clipboard in Aired

Thanks a lot !!!! :ernae::ernae::ernae::ernae: