PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Busch - Rock Star

PRB
June 7th, 2009, 08:10
I’ve been trying to like Kyle Busch. The kid can drive a car. Sure, when he doesn’t win (which isn’t often) he has a hissy fit and stomps off, which is a bit childish. Nobody said you have to like loosing, but not liking it in a little more grown up fashion wouldn’t bother me much either. But every time there’s a restart, and KB passes ten cars before the first corner, my question to the television set is: “What the heck’s wrong with the rest of you??”
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Last night KB smashed the guitar trophy in victory lane, like some sort of doped up wannabe rock star. Ever since Nashville starting giving out those beautiful guitars for the winner, I’ve been wondering if someone would ever do that. I hoped not. My respect for KB is now at 0.0, where it will stay.

Panther_99FS
June 7th, 2009, 09:03
Interesting comments PRB......

Cazzie
June 7th, 2009, 10:00
PBR, you never lnow the behind-the-scenes in NASCAR these days. Sometimes I think Jim McMahon is running the show. They could have fixed two guitars and let "Wild Thang" break one. It attracts the wild youth. KB is out of his league as a driver, but he needs to mature. He's a Jr. Johnson kind of driver, he doesn't drive to win championships, he drives to win races. And that by loving God is how it is supposed to be!

Caz

Panther_99FS
June 7th, 2009, 10:09
Kyle just said on the Pocono pre-race show that Gibson had no issues with it....

PRB
June 7th, 2009, 11:36
Yeah, I’ve heard that the guy who made the guitar “had no problem with it” too. Whatever. And Wind Tunnel Dave (I predict) will say it’s “good for the sport” because now we’re talking about it, and there’s no such thing as “bad press”, etc. I’ve never been a huge fan of destroying something you or someone else spent hours pouring your heart into because it’s “cool” to do that. I think it’s stupid when rock star band members do it too. Maybe if they had to pay for it with their own money, it might make a difference, I don’t know. Yes, they may have made two so KB could smash one on TV. Wow. How cool is that? I’m impressed… Yes, he’s a racer, and a good one. But since we now know he’s the type who thinks it’s “awesome” to smash expensive items on TV, well, I don’t have to work so hard trying to like him anymore. :)

Panther_99FS
June 7th, 2009, 11:44
LoL well.....
I wonder if the smashing attracts the young "generation x" crowd that NASCAR wants to bring in...(I suspect "gen-x" NASCAR fans loved it..):kilroy:

wombat666
June 8th, 2009, 00:59
LoL well.....
I wonder if the smashing attracts the young "generation x" crowd that NASCAR wants to bring in...(I suspect "gen-x" NASCAR fans loved it..):kilroy:

You can pick them out in the crowd easily.
they're the ones with the lobotomy scar ......... :173go1:
Known in Oz as 'F***wits'!