PDA

View Full Version : Getting plane to face the right direction

OBIO
October 17th, 2008, 01:14
I am putting together some FSCS air strips that will allow us to start off in Free Flight at Truk Lagoon (have found 2 air strips in the stock scenery). I have the first one "done" and posted as an attachment in the Truk Lagoon scenery thread. Problem with that one is that the plane is facing in the wrong direction....sitting at about 90 degrees to the runway out to sea. So you have to fire up, to a turn about to get lined up for your take off run. Not a big deal, unless you are firing up a larger plane that can not make small tight turns.

I went back into FSSC and got the plane to start on the run way, in line with the run way...but it is facing the wrong direction. I need to get the plane to face the opposite direction. I need it to be facing 220 degrees instead of 40 degrees. I have had this problem with other air strips I have made with FSSC...so how can I know for sure that when I set up a run way that the plane will be facing the direction I want it to be facing?

OBIO

bobhegf
October 17th, 2008, 02:19
I use FSSC as well and it is all in the airbase.dat file.Now if you start in free flight the plane will start using the ADF location I think.In missions the the planes startoff in the direction assigned to the airbase data file.:d