PDA

View Full Version : Corsair 1C rocket positions.

demorier
June 7th, 2009, 00:22
Hi ya,
I've had a stock Corsair which I converted to a 1C model (with the cannons) for ages. Never really knew the correct rocket positions for this model. Are they set up much the same as the later cannon armed models? I guess there may be a modified dp here somewhere.

dvslats
June 7th, 2009, 02:07
Greets demorier, DBolt made an upgraded set of dp files and weapons for the "C" model, db_f4u_weapons. just checked and they're still not available for downloading due to the file system rebuild. I have them....so if you would like'em, send me a PM with a email address and I'll shoot them over to you.
Dv

Gramps
June 7th, 2009, 04:46
don't have dbolts dp, but yes, they were mounted the same as the rest of the earlier corsairs. When you get to the cannon armed -4's, an the -5's they changed the arrangment around .

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v126/gramps/-1Crocket.jpg

For some reason (that I can't remember right now,LOL) they moved the #2 rockets forward. It was this way form the -4B all the to the -7. The AU-1 (F4U-6) a nd the -7 had 5 hardpoints on each wing instead of 4
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v126/gramps/-4Brockets.jpg

tenspeed
June 7th, 2009, 07:33
The 1C had a total of 4 rockets. Two on each wing. I've never found any reason why the 1D's had four on each wing and the C's had 2. Other then the cannons/MG's, there isn't any difference in the two models.

Shadow Wolf 07
June 7th, 2009, 10:39
thanks for the great pics Gramps!

demorier
June 7th, 2009, 19:01
Now I'm confused between Gramps and tenspeed's posts. dvslats, Thanks in advance...I'll try the dbolt's dp and see how they come out.:engel016:

Wulf190
June 7th, 2009, 23:23
Now I'm confused between Gramps and tenspeed's posts. dvslats, Thanks in advance...I'll try the dbolt's dp and see how they come out.:engel016:

Well I have seen scale models with just four zero-length rocket stubs, and I have seen WWII period photos with the 1C type having eight, so I'd say both versions are valid. What makes pinning the proper number of rockets so hard on the 1C type is that so few were ever made.

tenspeed
June 8th, 2009, 06:29
Well I have seen scale models with just four zero-length rocket stubs, and I have seen WWII period photos with the 1C type having eight, so I'd say both versions are valid. What makes pinning the proper number of rockets so hard on the 1C type is that so few were ever made.

I'd like to have those photos of the 1C. I only have a couple really good ones but they were taken just after production and there aren't any stubs on them. My info was taken from discriptions and not from visuals. I do have a few of the 1C's in the field but they were taken at a distance and are a bit grainy they who know whats there.

Gramps
June 8th, 2009, 12:50
I don't have any pics, but accodin to my books, the -1 charlie had the same armament as the d model..........just had 20 mils instead of the .50's

tenspeed
June 8th, 2009, 16:32
I was hoping you had shots of it. I got tons of all the models (some good, some not good) but I only have the couple of the 1C. A while back I seached the net and came up empty. Probably due to the low numbers of that model. I build scale models of warbirds and have built the Corsair a number of times, both WWII and post-WWII models. I like to have a photos of what I'm building. Sometimes I use it for reference but also the model takes on a bit more meaning when I have the photo(s) that show it's historical past.

Gramps
June 8th, 2009, 16:45
I can't find my "good" book on the early models.......seemed to have miss placed it!!

It had a couple pics of the -1charlie in it, but don't remember any that showed it with rockets mounted