PDA

View Full Version : Aerosoft jayhawk/seahawk

tigisfat
June 6th, 2009, 23:54
Does anyone have this? is it worth it? What's it like and how are the graphics?

gajit
June 7th, 2009, 00:25
Hi Tigisfat

To be honest I cant remember - I bought it - installed and it was OK for a while but nothing fantastic in terms of texturing and FD but I often return to Nemeth helis - even the awkward CH-53 now the patch makes it a bit more user friendly.

Forgive -but I cant be bothered to even take the Jayhawk out of the hangar - perhaps that sums it up for me. :ernae: Happy sunday!

CG_1976
June 7th, 2009, 00:36
I have it for both FS9 and FSX. I love:guinness: the Jayhawk and have no trouble with it in FSX and its fluid. VC panel LCD's need sharpening but thats peanuts considering its the only decent Jayhawk in Payware. As to the Seahawk its lost in my Hanger somewere:sleep: at Travers City CGAS.

gajit
June 7th, 2009, 00:45
Id rather fly the Alphasim Blackhawk :monkies:

ColoKent
June 7th, 2009, 04:04
...I bought it, and although Coast Guard variant looked nice, I wasn't overwhelmed with the package.

Kent

ColoKent
June 7th, 2009, 04:06
I meant Gajit's opinion!!!!

Sorry about that...

Kent

gajit
June 7th, 2009, 04:10
I meant Gajit's opinion!!!!

Sorry about that...

Kent

LOL - so what did you mean? My opinion or Aerosoft's or Alphasim' reference?

dswo
June 7th, 2009, 07:38
What I think is a fair review here: http://www.avsim.com/pages/1207/SH60/SH60.htm.

3/7charlie
June 7th, 2009, 10:54
No, Its not one of Aerosofts better ones. Flys nice though, but it looks a bit fuzzy.
3/7charlie

CG_1976
June 7th, 2009, 11:30
No, Its not one of Aerosofts better ones. Flys nice though, but it looks a bit fuzzy.
3/7charlie

The VC is my fuzzy problem, otherwise no troubles with outside textures for me. As to the AS blackhawk its a good model but they werent fair to the navy or coast guard. I only bought it for the Army varients, which reminds me i need to find a pack mule.

CodyValkyrie
June 8th, 2009, 09:14
The Jayhawk & Seahawk package has in my opinion the best modelling of this airframe and FD available, and certainly more systems. I personally like the package, and always have. I'm sure plenty will disagree with me however, but I do rate it as one of the more thought out packages for helos in FS, right up there with Nemeth and Dodo's stuff. Never been a fan of the Alphasim helos, but that is just me perhaps.

VFR Reviews
June 8th, 2009, 09:17
It was OK, but not my favourite heli- sort of tough on performance, but a solid bit of metal. I reviewed it awhile ago, if you're interested...

Boomer
June 8th, 2009, 15:15
I like it & still fly it on occasion. It is showing its age though & doesnt stack up to more recent releases.

Overall a very pleasant package though.