PDA

View Full Version : June 6... D Day, 65 years ago

Jagdflieger
June 6th, 2009, 07:34
Today is the 65th anniversary of D Day, the invasion of Fortress Europe by the allied forces. There are not many of the veterans left alive today and of course many still spend their days looking west from their graves at Normandy.

Rami
June 6th, 2009, 07:39
Dave,

Thank you for mentioning this. I am ever mindful of the sacrificed of all our Armed Services, and I thank all those who made the supreme sacrifice to defend our freedom. May they all be remembered and honored. :USA-flag:

R C CAWTE
June 6th, 2009, 16:33
"Lest we forget" :australia: And wilst the Yanks and French are patting each others backs,lets not forget the Brits and Canadians who landed that day .

miamieagle
June 6th, 2009, 17:40
All I can is that we can never thank them enough. May the one who lost their lives rest in peace. May we never forget their sacrify!:medals:

crashaz
June 6th, 2009, 17:59
Whoa no one is denying the British and Canadians??

dvslats
June 7th, 2009, 02:37
Salute to all of the souls that landed that day...some survived to see the end...many did not.

jackedwardmorris95
June 7th, 2009, 03:04
And all google give a damn about is the 25th anniversary of tetris!! Shameful. Oh by the way, where did you get that fs2004 graveyard scenery?

Jack

Skywolf
June 7th, 2009, 05:19
Let us not forget the sacrifice of soilders who have given us our freedom....to all veterans, We thank you for your service and sacrifice to us and your countries.

jackedwardmorris95
June 7th, 2009, 06:53
Let us not forget the sacrifice of soilders who have given us our freedom....to all veterans, We thank you for your service and sacrifice to us and your countries.

Precisely, I am going to complain to google that they did not even mention the sacrifice made that day,

Jack

hewman100
June 7th, 2009, 07:48
Whoa no one is denying the British and Canadians??
I think that Richard was having a dig at a certain French President.....

Lest we forget these brave men and not let their sacrifices be sullyed by politics.

crashaz
June 7th, 2009, 10:31
LOL Sarkozy... uh yeah

Obama used the term "improbably victory" in a speech and Brown mentions "Obama Beach"

ROFL...... amazing how (any)politicians with no knowledge of history can er... mess things up.

At least not a political mess where we have to send military men to clean it up.

Fibber
June 9th, 2009, 05:46
Did you fellows see the mention of a ironic story of one vet? It seems he was a para with I believe the 101 and went in on the night jumps. He wanted to go to the ceremonies, but was in failing health and went anyway. Unfortunately, he did his final jump on Friday night. Ironic is that he survives the battle to return and passes on the same night that many of his comrades did, and that many of our alledged leaders can't get the history of the event straight.

I went to Normandy, where several of my relatives had come ashore, ( funny part as one was in the Navy as a landing team member and wound up walking through Europe as a grunt! Never got back to the ship :icon_lol:) and it was at dusk on a overcast day. Almost like dawn but in reverse. I stood on a former German MG placement and I was astonished that ANYONE could get up the beach. The field of fire was amazingly open, no cover, and over 100 yards! God bless them all!:medals: :engel016: