PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again!!

falcon409
October 16th, 2008, 20:14
Anyone remember the displeasure I voiced over the antiquated system that Flight1 uses for their wrapper system and the catch 22 anomaly you can find yourself in just trying to get an e-mail address changed/updated?

I made my feelings known and stopped purchasing from Flight1, which has not changed, but I was going to reinstall USA Roads now that I've gone back to flying FS9 on a regular basis. Well, here we go again. . .I had the order number and the last 4 digits of the card I used three years ago to make the purchase but didn't have the key to continue the reinstallation. I went to the Flight1 site to request a new key, but I don't have the certificate either. . .if I input the Order number and my new e-mail address, which they still say has been changed it kicks it back because that e-mail address isn't the one I originally placed the order through, lol.

So I think I have this figured out now. . .when they tell me that they have made the e-mail address change. . .it was only changed for the one order I was trying to retrieve the key file for, not globally as you would expect. Anyway, I'm maintaining my coolness, lol, and placed a Support Ticket" to remedy this problem. . .I requested that they make a "Global" e-mail change for any orders I have in their system that have the old address showing.

. . .and now. . . .I wait. . .lol.:isadizzy:

expat
October 17th, 2008, 01:27
As you know, I feel your frustration Falcon. But stick with the Ticket procedure. My bet is that they will sort this for you soon this time.

Expat

falcon409
October 17th, 2008, 03:11
Yep, that's the plan this time. No ranting. . .just let it happen, lol. Thanks expat!!

falcon409
October 17th, 2008, 15:36
Resolved! USA Roads has been installed. Thanks Flight1:ernae:

hey_moe
October 17th, 2008, 15:51
I knew you would straighten them out:costumes: see what happen when you is sugar sweet honey :mixedsmi:...Mike

falcon409
October 17th, 2008, 16:42
I knew you would straighten them out:costumes: see what happen when you is sugar sweet honey :mixedsmi:...Mike
Oh yea. . .I really showed them who's boss. . .lol. lol.