PDA

View Full Version : Hmmmm....

Roger
June 4th, 2009, 12:58
Funny isn't it? I remember all those people gagging for an X-Plane forum in that thread in the FsX forum. Looks like no one's posted...apart from Tango with his lock-up for source files, for over 2 weeks.

Major_Spittle
June 4th, 2009, 14:48
Yeah, summer happened and I haven't been flying much. Also its lack of Multiplayer is killing me.

I do need to find some new planes. I haven't checked to see if the CRJ is finished yet.

On another note I just upgraded from an 8800gt to a gtx 260 vid card so I will be seeing what a difference that will make. :ernae:

pointy31
June 4th, 2009, 14:49
Hey Roger, I'm here, bought X-Plane a few months ago, never loaded it yet. Any advice for a newbie?...:isadizzy:

Roger
June 4th, 2009, 15:00
I was being Devil's advocate of course:engel016:

I was coming here quite regularly to catch a glimpse of what XPlane was all about and pictures, in a sim are worth a million words.
Kbr over at The Old Hangar often gives us glimpses of XPlane and some of it looks very good and yet I hear FsX simmers, who've given XPlane a try, telling us that it "feels" less immersive?
So my post was a prompt to try to see more of what this XPlane is all about but with no XPlane specific threads in 2 weeks maybe the only place to find out more is on the XPlane site?

pointy31
June 4th, 2009, 15:24
Thanks for the reply, I may get a chance to install it this week. I'll be sure to post my first impressions here...Thanks again Roger...:ernae:

CH_OldZeke
June 5th, 2009, 09:05
I believe X-Plane is still in it's youth Roger. Some bits beat fsx others fall a tad short. But as it is still a viable product I also imagine it has the potential to eclipse fs in many areas. Time as usual will tell the tale.

Lionheart
June 5th, 2009, 17:37
Hey Roger,

I was thinking the same thing. I am hammered with work and havent had a chance to play, doing no fun flying and I see no one else is posting here either. I thought it would be a huge thing.

Maybe its not worth it to have a X-Plane forum.

:redf:

txnetcop
June 5th, 2009, 18:32
Hey Guys,
I also was for this forum and it may turn out to be useful yet as many things are occurring at Laminar Research, however they seem to have the wrong priorities still today. After you've grown up with MSFS and started really getting into it by FS8, FS9, and now FSX nothing else feels good except the real aircraft. X-Plane is just too wonky to enjoy for more than few minutes or even a couple of days. The scenery is dead, and the forum they run is R-U-D-E if you really want to know anything. They have this air of superiority but the myth of X-Plane being superior has been debunked countless times now...not that some things about it are not myth.

We were all concerned about what was going happen to FSX with the Microsoft Aces Team being nixed, but all of us can see that developers are willing to go beyond SDK to make FSX so much more than it started out to be. Even FS9 has clearly shown is has many years still left in it. Simply put, X-Plane isn't home!

Ted

Lionheart
June 6th, 2009, 00:00
At least we have an alternative and its a nice alternative.

Always have a plan B.

gera
June 6th, 2009, 09:11
Time is our enemy, priorities, work, politics etc, etc.....But, I did get some X-Plane flights and got the wonderful Sim.." Trainz 2009"..WOW!!!!!!!!..just what I needed to haul some freight.....pics coming up soon...X/Plane keeps getting better and better guys, you'll see....:jump:///...X-Plane is my "home by the Lake--Relax humans!!!, relax".

Major_Spittle
June 8th, 2009, 19:19
I NEED MULTIPLAYER!!!! AAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!

I only do small flights and no cross country stuff because I already know how to use FSX navigation stuff so I do long flights in that. Multiplayer in X-Plane would make me do the majority of my flying in XP. AI planes and A2A Accusim modeled aircraft would make me give up FSX all together.