PDA

View Full Version : P-47D skin?

Squiffy
October 16th, 2008, 18:21
Gang, my p_47d folder pranged tonight. Wouldn't open. gave me a dds.dll error but others worked fine in windows. Went to replace it and realized I may have overwritten cool new skin. There was a aluminum combo for the razorback right? I lost it now so if someone can send it that'd be great.

Squiffy
October 16th, 2008, 19:26
Lots of views no responses? Come on man, look at your p-47 folder and tell me what you see as a skin for the p-47d (not d-25) The p-51b has a cool aluminum skin but I thought the 47 did too. At least the early version. The D-25 has the cool camo blue skin.

Capt. Winters
October 16th, 2008, 20:28
Hi Squiffy,

if its the P47 from the ETO it should have a two tone green upper gey under surface with invasion stripes on the fuselage (but not the wings) code letters UN-B with a nice squadron logo on teh front left cowl. and a red nose.

I have lost your email address, if you PM me it again I'll send it to you, do you need the specular file (_s.dds) as well or just the main p_47d_t.dds file?

HTH's

regards Rob.

Squiffy
October 17th, 2008, 15:37
Thanks Winters. It's the P-47D, early version with razorback fuselage. What you described sounds like the D-25 type with blue and green camo, and invasion stripes on fuselage, bubble canopy. That one is fine. Maybe I confused it with the P-51B that DOES have the aluminum/olive combination and razorback fuselage. Right now I am using the P-47C scheme with old rondel star and olive/gray paint.

Squiffy
October 17th, 2008, 16:58
I found it on combatflightsim. But now I see it has no lights. I pranged it up royally. I'll need the whole kit. Got the Tornado skin though and it looks great.