PDA

View Full Version : Great Wisconsin Airshow This Weekend

TomSteber
June 3rd, 2009, 17:18
Just a quick note to those who live in Wisconsin. The Manitowoc Airshow is this Saturday and Sunday.
Great Show For Little Money

Check it out: http://www.manitowocairshow.com/

First time I went there I thought "How good can this be?"
I found out and now it's a yearly thing. Well worth the trip.

Kiwikat
June 3rd, 2009, 17:26
Any idea who/what is performing? Their site isn't too detailed. Looks like my dad can get in free though... hmmm.

I was just at the Southern Wisconsin Airfest in Janesville last weekend. Saw the Blue Angels among others. Got sunburned too :\

Looks like thunderstorms this weekend...

TomSteber
June 3rd, 2009, 17:53
Any idea who/what is performing? Their site isn't too detailed. Looks like my dad can get in free though... hmmm.

I was just at the Southern Wisconsin Airfest in Janesville last weekend. Saw the Blue Angels among others. Got sunburned too :\

Looks like thunderstorms this weekend...

If you look at the top of the page and click on performers then click on the smaller pictures of the performers to get info.

Among others are: Mike Goulian, Kyle Franklin and Matt Younkin, John Mohr plus warbirds and jet demo's including the F-16

CG_1976
June 3rd, 2009, 18:01
Been a long time since ive been to Manitowoc. Will have to try to get over there this weekend. Thanks Tom for the Hu:icon29:.

Kiwikat
June 4th, 2009, 01:55
If you look at the top of the page and click on performers then click on the smaller pictures of the performers to get info.

Among others are: Mike Goulian, Kyle Franklin and Matt Younkin, John Mohr plus warbirds and jet demo's including the F-16

Cool! Goulian is my favorite performer. Franklin is also very good. If the wx holds out, I think I'll make my way over. Though I'm sure if its going to rain on saturday anywhere in the entire state, it'll be right over the airshow. It always has a tendency to do that. :monkies:

I've never been to the Manitowoc show. Maybe I'll see you guys there.

TomSteber
June 4th, 2009, 03:07
Looked like rain all day last year on Saturday, but it held off until right after the show was done.
The weather looks best for this Saturday. "They" say rain to the south on Saturday.
If you go, I usually sit right at the corner of the parking ramp and the south end taxi way to the active. If the wind is from anything but south, all performers will go by you very close on their way to the runway. It also looks like you would be sitting way to one side of the aerobatic box but in reality you end up being right about in the middle, so it's the best place to sit IMHO. Maybe we'll meet up.

TomSteber
June 4th, 2009, 03:16
Actually one of my favorites to see is John Mohr flying his Stearman. One might think "well, this will be boring", your in for a treat. He's the best I've ever seen in a Stearman. Check out some of his stuff here: www.airshowbuzz.com/videos/view.php?v=24a4d8e5 (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/www.airshowbuzz.com/videos/view.php?v=24a4d8e5)

TomSteber
June 4th, 2009, 03:18
Don't know why that link failed?
Just go to www.airshowbuzz.com and go to the airshows section or go to youtube and look up John Mohr.

cheezyflier
June 4th, 2009, 05:45
that looks like total rock and roll! i hope the weather holds out for you guys. be sure to post the pics! (especially of the stearman)

TomSteber
June 4th, 2009, 09:28
This is one of his classic side slips.