PDA

View Full Version : 4 engines to 2 throttles?

Alexraptor
June 3rd, 2009, 10:01
Heya

Recently got myself a new joystick as i for a year now have been borrowing my dads Logitech Wingman.
I got myself a nice Saitek Aviator with dual throttles, last one in stock too.
I really want to be able to properly use both throttle leavers and they do work very nicely with single and two-engine aircraft... unfortunatley there a problem there with three and four engined aircraft.
Since i got throttle 1 and throttle 2 assigned to well... throttle 1 and 2, i don't have full control over 3 and 4 engine aircraft.
So i was wondering if anyone might know a little workaround or something one could do perhaps? or am i screwed?

sandar
June 3rd, 2009, 11:15
I've got one of those, but I can't even get the second throttle lever to work anything

Alexraptor
June 3rd, 2009, 11:50
Thats strange, both my throttles work fine on engines 1 and 2.

Navy Chief
June 3rd, 2009, 12:00
I am clueless to a fix, but would FSUIPC help in any way?

Just curious.

NC

spotlope
June 3rd, 2009, 12:00
I use FSUIPC to do my controller axis assignments. That's one option, and a fairly simple one at that. It requires the payware version, though.

Alexraptor
June 3rd, 2009, 12:37
can FSUIPC have two controls assigned to a single axis like that?
And is it worth the cost?

IanP
June 3rd, 2009, 12:46
I cheat. I assigned the left throttle on my CyborgX to the throttle (which then drives all throttles at once) and the right throttle to prop pitch - which conveniently then acts as the throttle on helicopters, when the throttle becomes the collective.

Going back to the original question, however, the answer is yes. I just assigned and calibrated my single left lever to control both Throttle 1 and Throttle 2 simultaneously using FSUIPC.

spotlope
June 3rd, 2009, 13:43
As Ian said, FSUIPC can do that easily. IMO, it's the single most indispensable FS add-on, bar none.

Alexraptor
June 4th, 2009, 05:55
Hmmm.... FSUIPC license is way out of my budget this month.... i don't suppose there is any alternative way of doing what i want to do?