PDA

View Full Version : Logitech New Flight System..

gera
June 3rd, 2009, 05:56
Looks like only for Fighter Pilots!!!

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/gaming/pc_gaming/joysticks/devices/5855&cl=us,en

:sleep:--will delve into it more today.......

BananaBob
June 3rd, 2009, 05:58
God that looks nice! :applause:

Bone
June 3rd, 2009, 06:19
I've been thinking about getting the Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar system, looks like this system may get my $$$ instead.

Tako_Kichi
June 3rd, 2009, 06:33
Very nice! I have had Logitech sticks in the past and always liked them and I have their MOMO FF racing wheel and pedals and that is a very nice piece of kit too.

I have been using a Saitek X52 for about three years now (and a X45 before that) and it is starting to show it's age (one rotary pot is getting intermittent as are a couple of switches) but one of the things I have always wished it had was force feedback.

This system looks very well thought out and I like the fact it has FF and dual throttles. It's almost like they looked at the X52 and thought 'What can we do to beat it' and it looks like they may have a winner here. I will certainly consider it when my X52 bites the dust.

VFR Reviews
June 3rd, 2009, 06:42
Woah... that thing is a BEAST!

Think they'd let me review it?

lol

Bone
June 3rd, 2009, 12:00
I clicked on their online store, and it's not available yet. What a teaser.

Kiwikat
June 3rd, 2009, 12:26
That looks pretty nice!

Though I just got my Cyborg X... which, by the way, is awesome. It may look a bit odd but its very comfortable and functional. Far better than my Aviator or the old logitech stick I had.

JIMJAM
June 3rd, 2009, 12:38
Nice but I could buy 3 X52s for that. I have had my current one since it was released and other than the rudder pot being a little wonky once in awhile,still works great.
It see its FF. Which usually means if you do not enable it or the sim has terrible effects, the feel is usually loose. I dont use ff. If BestBuy carried it, I would try it. But at that price I dought it.
Kinda wierd seeing a new hotas for games that graphics engines are all combined close to 50 years old.

brettt777
June 3rd, 2009, 19:12
Where can you buy 3 X52s for $300??? Anyway, I am looking to upgrade my entire system soon and this might just be on the list...
I love the split throttle as many of the jets I like to fly are two engine. Being able to throttle bacK on one engine while the other is at military would be a tremendous help with maneuvering.

CodyValkyrie
June 3rd, 2009, 19:18
It see its FF. Which usually means if you do not enable it or the sim has terrible effects, the feel is usually loose. I dont use ff. If BestBuy carried it, I would try it. But at that price I dought it.

FSForce mate. It rips out the crappy FF in FS and injects a much more believable system.

BTW, very nice. If I didn't already have rudders and a good FF joystick, I might consider this.

Gibbage
June 4th, 2009, 13:13
Im hoping that this stick is made by a different factory then the ones that make there normal sticks. I has a Logitech stick last for two weeks, and that was the last Logitech stick I bought. When I buy this one, ill get the extended warrantee, thank you very much.

deathfromafar
June 4th, 2009, 16:54
Love my two Saitek X52's both original and pro. Would be hard pressed to stop using them for this one but I must admit this looks pretty darn inviting!:applause:

(Edit). The thing I am curious about is if the Force Feedback function can be turned off for a normal tensioned stick feel?

SolarEagle
June 4th, 2009, 17:16
I love the styling on that set. Clean and simple. Never liked the X52 styling.

moore1018
June 5th, 2009, 05:57
Has anyone heard any info on Saitek's new radio & multi panel stacks? I have to say this is very encouraging to see where they are going with their Pro Flight Line.

Found them for sale here:
http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/3-/338161/2-/Promo.html
http://flightsimx.flightstore.co.uk/prod/SAIPFRAD/

Bjoern
June 5th, 2009, 08:48
The only nice thing about the Logitech system is the split throttles. Other than that: Just fugly.

Nice to see a new flightstick released 'though.