PDA

View Full Version : Weapon/gun effect

brettt777
June 2nd, 2009, 20:57
I am trying to make a downloaded gun effect work on a certain fighter, but with very limited success. I see how the gun effect can be mapped to the smoke system or the lights. But the SectionF8 F-86 has it somehow mapped to the brakes, but only after a certain switch is turned on once airborne and, it's listed in the aircraft.cfg as a beacon light. How on earth did they do that? And someone please tell me how a sound is mapped to a switch or button (or effect?). If I disable the gun effect so I get no flash and tracers, I still get the gun sound. So it's apparently mapped to the brake button also. And it doesn't matter which button is used. If I move the brakes to button 3, I still get the same gun effect and/or sound. How did they do this stuff???
On the airplane I'm trying to make work, I put the gun effect under smoke system in the aircraft config. Then I put the smoke system to the "I" key and to button 1. With the I key it works correctly; on when I press and hold, off when I release. But for some reason with the joystick button I can't get it to work. It doesn't seem to matter whether the repeat is on or off, all I get with the joystick button is an occasional puff of gun smoke if I press the trigger repeatedly. What am I doing wrong there? Shouldn't it work like the brake or trim buttons do? The gun effect on the F-86 works like that.
VERY frustrating!

blazefox2
June 2nd, 2009, 21:00
tell you the truth i was wondering that myself alphasim did that with their f-22 wich i thought was awesome but i could never figure it out

Krazy
June 3rd, 2009, 00:04
You make a gauge in xml that enables that key to do a certain job!

brettt777
June 3rd, 2009, 05:29
You make a gauge in xml that enables that key to do a certain job!

Okay, so then is it this gauge is what, an entry in the panel cfg? Thanks for that BTW