PDA

View Full Version : 'Coming Up This Weekend'

Panther_99FS
June 2nd, 2009, 18:39
'And to think, I had to find out about this via a photography forum & not here! :bump:

--> http://www.maam.org/maamwwii.html

pointy31
June 2nd, 2009, 18:50
Looks great P, wish it were closer...:kilroy:

GT182
June 2nd, 2009, 19:00
Panther, the MAAM link is always in my Sig. There's really no one here at SOH that's close enough to attend. Well maybe Kofs and a few from the area.

But... just to let everyone know. MAAM's WWII Weekend starts this Friday, June 5th and runs thru to Sunday, June 7th, at 5pm. Be there or be square. ;) And the link is in my Sig. LOL

Wednesday night will be my last night at SOH until Monday the 8th. And I'll be at the French Village Gate, as far as i know, most all weekend long. I might be in the hangar with the P-61 for a few hours tho to help them out. Ugh... it's not all roses as they say. Being on the go from 7am to 11pm is one long tough day. Have a beer for me guys. I'll be thinking of you all..... and hope to see someone from here at the show. Yes, hopefully I'll get a chance to get pictures... but I can't promise.

Panther, hop a flight an "come on up"!.

Panther_99FS
June 2nd, 2009, 19:05
Yes, hopefully I'll get a chance to get pictures... but I can't promise.

Panther, hop a flight an "come on up"!.

Yes please do so if you can! :jump:

GT182
June 3rd, 2009, 05:48
Hey Panther, I really mean it.... hop a flight and "come on Up", and bring yer new camera. I'll get you a special discount for a day if you do. ;)

cheezyflier
June 3rd, 2009, 06:39
don't forget the weekend following that one, is this one:

http://www.n57.com/

that's where i got turned on to the flying farmer. from the time i was able to drive, i only missed a couple 3 years all the way until i moved to canada.
my dad used to take me here as a kid. it's a simple show, but lot's of fun.
i once won a ride on a tiger moth.

Panther_99FS
June 3rd, 2009, 08:44
Hey Panther, I really mean it.... hop a flight and "come on Up", and bring yer new camera. I'll get you a special discount for a day if you do. ;)

How am I going to hop on a B-52 :icon_lol: :ques:

djscoo
June 3rd, 2009, 09:27
How am I going to hop on a B-52 :icon_lol: :ques:
Bomb-bay...

GT182
June 3rd, 2009, 09:35
Do you really have to ask? Yer in the Air Force an know how to pull strings. Besides, they've got ejection seat don't they. ;) LOL Jump on a C-130 as an alternative. Or..... :running:. Nawwww too far for that.

Cheezy, I'll be there for that one too doing double duty. Car show and MAAM will be there too with "Briefing Time".. :D

cheezyflier
June 3rd, 2009, 10:54
Cheezy, I'll be there for that one too doing double duty. Car show and MAAM will be there too with "Briefing Time".. :D

breifing time has been doing that show for eons. still everytime i went i would go googly for it. i bet i have watched the vids from maam a zillion times already

GT182
June 3rd, 2009, 12:53
i bet i have watched the vids from maam a zillion times already

Well, now's the time to get yer butt back here and see it LIVE. :d Hell, yer missin hangin out with me at the show. :d :d

Oh, I do promise to get pictures of the P-61's progress.

Wittpilot
June 3rd, 2009, 13:35
Gary, I am eventually going to get over for that... I think I would enjoy the amount of Re-enacting and re-enactors.... oops sorry... that's probably not politically correct anymore............... "Living History Peoples" lol.......

Hopefully it is a little dryer there than it is here.... we have had rain all day today.... Am looking forward to see a few pics... any B-17's this year?

-witt

cheezyflier
June 3rd, 2009, 15:27
if i could get out of here and go you can bet your bippy i'd be there. :applause:

trouble is, i'm not allowed to leave canada until my immigration comes through. my bubble bursting------->:pop4:

Kofschip
June 3rd, 2009, 15:37
GT182.... Sierra, Hotel, India, etc. This weekend, thanks to my wife, I am one of the designated attendants on the Deep Cut Orchid Society Greenhouse tour here in Central NJ. This is a HUMINT effort to gather information for my wife's future greenhouse, to be built in September/October. Sometime this year I am going to MAAM, come H... or High Water.

PLEASE TAKE PICTURES AND MORE PICTURES AND SHARE THEM WITH US.:wavey::wavey::wavey:

GT182
June 3rd, 2009, 18:14
LOL... I hear that on the Orchids. The Warden got one for Mother's Day and we're not sure how long it will make it. I've never had any luck with them.

Witt, only one B-17 that I know of.... Yankee Lady for rides. She's there every year. The HellDiver will be there for the first time this year, and I wish our HellDiver could make it to see his old ride.

Cheezy, sorry to hear you're a Canadian Captive. LOL Hope you, and anyone else, can make it next year. It'll be MAAM's 20th Anniversary. If I survive this year I'll make it next year. Tho that might be last..... with politics and all screwing things up big time. You get my drift. ;)

That's all for now guys... bed time and I'm on my way up to Reading early tomorrow am. See you all on Sunday night or Monday.... God willing. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/GT182/sigpic336_1.gif