PDA

View Full Version : Just my luck...

Rami
June 2nd, 2009, 15:02
Hey guys,

I should be back to normal soon, but on the flight home from Europe last Tuesday, I began coming down with a severe sore throat, dry cough, dizziness, high fever, body aches, low energy and appetite, as well as severe head and chest congestion.

I'm trying to stop in to check on things as often as I can, but I'm still sick as a dog. My wife has got me in virtual quarantine from my kids, because when I went to the doctor, they ran some tests...and I brought the swine flu home. My voice is shot, too. (Erica thinks that's the best part! :icon_lol:)

So just bear with me while I do battle with the bacon, and I'll be back to my usual self soon.

miamieagle
June 2nd, 2009, 15:21
Get well soon my friend!:ernae:

Tango_Romeo
June 2nd, 2009, 18:02
Hey guys, I brought the swine flu home.

...it be transmitted via the Internet? Do we need to quarantine you as well? :isadizzy:

:bump:

EMatheson
June 2nd, 2009, 18:33
Luck? Life!

"Life? Don't talk to me about life..."
-Marvin, the Paranoid Android (The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy radio show)

EMatheson
June 2nd, 2009, 18:35
Sorry, the above post is intensely funny to me and very relevant - probably would be to you too if you could hear what I hear in that phrase - but if you are unfamiliar with the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy in its radio-show form, you will find it rather lame and a non-sequiter.

Collin
June 2nd, 2009, 19:04
Sorry, the above post is intensely funny to me and very relevant - probably would be to you too if you could hear what I hear in that phrase - but if you are unfamiliar with the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy in its radio-show form, you will find it rather lame and a non-sequiter.

"brain the size of a planet, and they want me to take you to the control room....this door is going to say something in a particularly smug way....see..":icon_lol:

Great stuff, but Rami knows where his towel is.

regards Collin:ernae:

OBIO
June 2nd, 2009, 21:54
Don't Panic

Rami, I pray that you get well soon and that the Swine Flu does not spread to anyone else in your household. The babies would be especially at risk to the virus.

OBIO

trasno
June 3rd, 2009, 00:01
Luck you are quarantined at home... in my hospital the protocol is to take any suspect case to the... morgue!! Donīt worry, is only to wait there until a room is ready for the quarantined (at the morgue you can infect nobody... and usually is empty) But think about the patient if he ask: "where are you carrying me?... to the morgue..."
:bump::bump::bump:
Trasno

hewman100
June 3rd, 2009, 01:47
That's modern air travel for you, constantly recycling cabin air.

You're probably not the only one who's got it Rami. Take care of yourself and keep us fully updated if possible.

What a rotten way to end what must have been a fantastic trip.

mariereid
June 3rd, 2009, 03:58
Hang in there man. I am not much of a pill guy, but I take a multi vitamen every day. I have not had a cold or flu for over 10 years. I get a flu shot ever year (I am an old fella). After the shot, I feel crappy for a day or two. I remember how bad being sick feels, I hope you get over it soon.

Ravenna
June 3rd, 2009, 04:42
Hope you get better soon Rami. Sounds like Erica has her priorities straight!

Hals und Bein Bruch
June 3rd, 2009, 06:28
...our family's old remedy for the flu is a couple of Pan-Galactic Gargle Blasters straight outta th' blender -works every time..!! :pop4::pop4::pop4:

p14u2nv
June 3rd, 2009, 07:04
Sorry to hear of your illness Rami. Hope you are on the mend and soon. Bummer it happened at your return but then again it could have happened during.

Oh btw, I'm wearing a mask and rubber gloves while I type this...just in case!

p.s. How about a recipe for those Pan-Galactic Gargle Blasters Hals und Bein Bruch??? Will they set toilet paper on fire...just a small concern is all...muhahaha!

Rami
June 3rd, 2009, 07:27
I already tried the Irish remedy...a shot of Jameson's and a good sweat. No dice. :crybaby:

Tango_Romeo
June 3rd, 2009, 08:13
I already tried the Irish remedy...a shot of Jameson's and a good sweat. No dice. :crybaby:

...run it's course, unfortunately. You'll mend. :ernae:
It's stuff like this that makes a good case for isolationism. :isadizzy:

Collin
June 3rd, 2009, 11:18
It's stuff like this that makes a good case for isolationism. :isadizzy:

Now thats a good idea....make the USA a quarantine area and then you can fight it out with the Mexican workers that come across the border.:icon_lol:

Can we send you our cases as well?:icon_lol:

Get well Andy.:icon29:

regards Collin:ernae:

p14u2nv
June 3rd, 2009, 13:56

Well an Irish hot totti for me would be an 8 oz cup of hot water, shot and a half, 1 teaspoon of honey and squeeze half a lemon into the brew. Drink two of those and hit the sack. It won't cure anything but at least you'll sleep well.

Sure beats a tablespoon of kerosene that some of my relatives took back in the 20's and 30's when they were poor. Hmmm, come to think of it, most of those relatives are...'er...well...you know...toast? lol

Kofschip
June 3rd, 2009, 15:58

Try 150 proof Hudson Bay Rum......... I am sorry to hear that you have the swine flu. Just for that I have this picture attached. It may cheer you up. In the meantime take it very easy.

Cloud9Gal
June 3rd, 2009, 16:02
Try 150 proof Hudson Bay Rum......... I am sorry to hear that you have the swine flu. Just for that I have this picture attached. It may cheer you up. In the meantime take it very easy.

OMG Kofs! I absolutely LOVED your Pooh picture!! LOL!:icon_lol:

Rami
June 3rd, 2009, 16:20
Thanks for the well wishes, guys. I am slowly beginning to feel better, though my chest is slow in recovering.

By the way, I got a little bored, and decided that I didn't like the airfile of the FDGv2 P-47d-23 Thunderbolt. I felt she was underpowered and slow at altitude, and her climb performance was sub-par. Since she should have had a paddle-bladed prop, I took out AirWrench and had a little fun. Here's a pic of her new stats, as well as the files for you to test.

I also reigned in the Andrew Wai P-51d Mustang a tad, giving her realistic performance as well.

Sully already gave his seal of approval for the Jug. :d

PSULLYKEYS
June 3rd, 2009, 16:50
Jest my 2 cents Rami....... you did all the work.

and more important, ONE shot is a warm up. Didn't anyone tell you whiskey goes bad if you don't drink it quickly after you open the bottle:jump::icon_lol:

Get well!!

SPman
June 3rd, 2009, 17:08
You weren't in Paris, were you?
The missus and I are going there next week..........

Rami
June 3rd, 2009, 17:32
Spman,

Nope...Vienna, Bratislava, Prague, and Budapest.

mariereid
June 6th, 2009, 03:45
How is the battle going?

Rami
June 6th, 2009, 04:16
Finally feeling better...but still battling a bit of bronchitis. Thanks! :ernae: