PDA

View Full Version : Terminator Salvation

Eoraptor1
June 2nd, 2009, 07:22
Saw it yesterday; I did enjoy it. No one will confuse it with Olivier, but you get what you came to see. "Fun" and "entertaining" aren't dirty words to me; I'm not that subspecies of nerd. I'm a happy nerd.

First understand that picking nits is part of the fun for me, so here goes:

1) If you haven't seen at least the original Terminator you may not know what's going on here, but I personally have trouble believing there's any one left in the industrial West wh doesn't know what "I'll be back" and "Come with me if you want to live" portend.

2) Has anyone else noticed how many fashion-model looking people inhabit these dystopian post-apocalyptic landscapes? With all the fallout and ambient radiation following a large scale nuclear war, I think it much more likely that survivors would have their hair and teeth falling out from rad sickness than look anything like Moon Bloodgood. (What a great name. It sounds like a metal band.) Still, I'm a sucker for intense dark-haired women.

3) You get to see the A-10 do its stuff. Usually in these movies you see bright and shiny air superiority fighters doing the ground attack mission, but finally the Warthog gets its day in the sun. You also get to see the Osprey in action.

4) If this movie does well at the box office, there's an opening for sequels. I'll say no more out of consideration for those of you who haven't seen the movie yet.

JAMES

PS This movie is LOUD. Be advised.

Alain_F355
June 2nd, 2009, 08:55
I hope they do not go overboard on the sequels. Hollywood has a tendency to go 1 or several sequels to far. Like for instance, the Predator/Alien films, Jurrasic Park, Robocop. T3 was already a step back compared to T2.

Helldiver
June 2nd, 2009, 09:55
I'm a sucker for a dark haired woman with grey-blue eyes.

Odie
June 2nd, 2009, 10:14
I hope they do not go overboard on the sequels. Hollywood has a tendency to go 1 or several sequels to far. Like for instance, the Predator/Alien films, Jurrasic Park, Robocop. T3 was already a step back compared to T2.

With T:Salvation, I think they made a concious decision that T3 didn't exist. I liked the concept of the original Terminator and T2 became the benchmark for the series.

In my mind, Salvation redeemed the brand after T3 and it referred back to the history laid down in T1 and T2.

For those that are interested, T2 has been released on Blu Ray DVD with the extended footage and a lot of extras. It's called the Skynet edition.