PDA

View Full Version : Skyknight

Underdog
September 27th, 2008, 17:45
Itosan has released a F3D Skyknight. :applause::applause:You can find it at Flightsim.

DaveQ
September 27th, 2008, 23:11
I've down loaded this - very nice cockpit and VC, the model flies quite well and looks good. Only trouble is I can't get the gear or flaps to work and some of the gauges don't work either. It looks for all the world like a major power failure. Anybody else got this? All other a/c work fine.

DaveQ

pfflyers
September 28th, 2008, 07:22
Dave

I just test flew the F3D and everything was working OK.

I suspect you might be right about a power failure. It might be that whatever you were doing before you loaded this aircraft may have inadvertantly deactivated a necessary system.

I had an aircraft a while back that had an electrical failure after five or ten minutes of flight everytime I tried flying it. Turned out the flight I was loading it in was loading it with the generators turned off. I didn't know it because there were no gen switches on the panel.

DaveQ
September 28th, 2008, 08:40
I've added lines to the aircraft.cfg file for electrical systems and now all is well. For anyone else with the same problem these are:-

[electrical]
max_battery_voltage = 24
generator_alternator_voltage = 28
max_generator_alternator_amps = 60
engine_generator_map = 1
electric_always_available = 1

A nice aeroplane - one of my first plastic kits in all blue way back in around 1957.

Very many thanks Itosan

DaveQ