PDA

View Full Version : My favorite plane

Helldiver
June 1st, 2009, 04:30
I was wondering, what plane do you fly most often How many hours do you spend with a particular plane?
I'm not one for tube liners. Too boring.
I spend most of my time flying J-3 Cubs, DC-3s and PBYs. On occasion a Stearman or a SNJ.
I like to fly low and slow, just looking at the scenery.
I'm interested in what lights your board and why.

harleyman
June 1st, 2009, 04:34
My all time is Lionheart Viking....

Second now is the Kodiak , then Epic...

Besides those I like the Default Baron !

woody901
June 1st, 2009, 04:59
Mine would have to be the A2A Thunderbolt with accusim. I relly enjoy the added immersion that accusim can give.

2Low
June 1st, 2009, 05:08
A2A's P-47 with Accusim was the first payware aircraft I bought and I can't stay away from it. I've bought 4 other WWII aircraft since and although they are all good the P-47 is on another level.

I do a lot of low, cruise kind of flying but sometimes like to get way up there and let the Jug loose.
For lower altitude ripping around I use the RealAir Spitfire or the Real Flight F6F.

Accusim is where it's at for me and I'll buy all the announced (and hinted at) projects to date.

Cazzie
June 1st, 2009, 05:15
I have to agree with A2A's P-47D, I am in love with it. But it is still not my go anywhere, anytime FSX aircraft. For that I have to pick Piglet's Mini-Mite. It is my default airplane and I fly it at least 50% of the time for personal leisure flying.

It's easy to take-off, fun to fly, fast, but not too fast, easy to land on about any landing field, and it has tremendous ground handling. All controls are ready at hand and a readable and operable GPS is in the VC. There is nothing to dislike about the airplane.

Caz

harleyman
June 1st, 2009, 05:29
Yup...I forgot the Mite...Its a great little package for sure....:ernae:

spotlope
June 1st, 2009, 05:36
It changes every week it seems, but for now I'm torn between the RealAir Duke and the Aerosoft Catalina.

Dangerous Beans
June 1st, 2009, 05:45
OK just checked my log book and the top 3 in hours are.
Boeing B737 (Default) 44.2
Cessna C172N (Carenado) 39.3
Boeing B377 (A2A) 29.8

Thats a bit deceptive though as the 737 flights are usualy 3+ hours per flight and the 377 about 1 1/2 hours per flight.
I have quite a few planes that I've flown 5+ hours in but there mostly 1/2 hour max flights.

bushpilot
June 1st, 2009, 05:49
Most hours I've flown in FSX must be FSD's Pilatus Porter, but currently my favorite is Kodiak. I've also spent countless hours in FSX's default glider.

cheezyflier
June 1st, 2009, 06:15
1) the kodiak

2) carenado 182 (it would be the 206 but i just can't take the sounds)

3) the aa-5b

for default planes it's the dc-3 or the baron.

PRB
June 1st, 2009, 06:23
I have "moods", if you will, and no type of plane is exempt. I'll get into a heavy jet mood and fly tubes. I don't go on 2000 mile trips with them, nor with any plane. If I'm in a tube sort of mind, I'll take them up and shoot a few approaches. They're hard to land! Then I'm back in WW-II fighters. Then 1960s tactical jets. Then low and slow GA planes. I suppose if you force me to pick a favorite, it would by WW-II ships, of any sort.

Helldiver
June 1st, 2009, 06:27
I'm hearing many great planes I haven't yet flown.
However flying the Thunderbolt, at my age, is not a good thing to do..
Too much adrenalin.

Mongo
June 1st, 2009, 06:46
I fly mostly GA and business stuff (and now in both FS9 and FSX). Faves are the FSD Piaggio P180, F1 Meridian in FS9 and Piglet's Meyers 200 and Carenado C206 in FSX.

pointy31
June 1st, 2009, 06:52
LilSki's Champ/Tri-Traveler, Narcizo's Super Cub, Piglet's Meyers 200D, no special order, but Tim could easily sway me with another classic GA airplane, see avatar...:ernae:

Thoe6969
June 1st, 2009, 06:57
Any of Piglets planes, Carenado's Mentor,and Bills Kodiak,and Alphasims C130.

Marvin Carter
June 1st, 2009, 07:09
Corenado 152, with Mod. airfile, and cfg file so to act like a larger engein upgrade. Tims Storch.
Marvin Carter

limjack
June 1st, 2009, 07:28
Alaska Boing 737 is the plane of choice for me.
Flight plan-KSEA to KPDX.
The resons I fly this rout I have the photoreal scenery for this area and it
is one of the most beautiful areas in the world (and of course I live here) !!! Love the sunset flights!!!

fsafranek
June 1st, 2009, 07:40
Skysim Mirage III followed lately by the straight tailed Cessna 172.
:ernae:

IanP
June 1st, 2009, 08:08
Because I have two installation of FS, I have two completely different logbooks to check for this one...

Vista64 install, I only have three aircraft over 4 hours - two of them are "deHavilland DHC2" at 8.9hrs and "DeHavilland DHC2" at 4.7 hours. So that's 13.6hrs in the Beaver then, which is my highest on this install. Strangely, the next one down is the CS B727-100 at 9.7hrs, CS C-130 at 6.3hrs and rounding out the top 5 is the A2A P-47 with 3.1hrs, but I tend to use that for a lot of short flights rather than cross countries.

XP32 install, 31.6hrs in the A2A B377, 30.7 in the CS C-130X, 23.6 in the default Bellicopter, 20.5 in the Aerosoft Twotter and 19.9 in the CS B757... But four of those five had significant amounts of review flying, so you do tend to clock up hours a lot doing that. Kind of like I have a heck of a lot of landings and takeoffs at Birmingham International right now.

Mathias
June 1st, 2009, 08:42
For me the favorite plane is always the one I'm currently working on, naturally. :monkies::engel016:

Meso
June 1st, 2009, 08:48
My all time favorite is the Wings of Power mustang. I estimate (dont kept a logbook in fs9) i have >1500 hours in it. For FSX i have spend most of the time in the aerosoft f-16. But with the update for the A2A mustang it is the mustang again. Also the speed is just right so i can use tileproxy with high detail resolutions.

Kind regards,

Meso

abrussell
June 1st, 2009, 09:01
I've got 96 hours on the Kodiak, bush flying in Alaska, Yukon, and NW Territories. This one has to be my all time favorite, followed by the Piper Seneca I used for my RTW.
Bruce

MudMarine
June 1st, 2009, 09:04
For me the favorite plane is always the one I'm currently working on, naturally. :monkies::engel016: and what one would that be?:kilroy:

My favs:

CH Fw190
RF F6F
A2A P-47
AF F4U

Cactuskid
June 1st, 2009, 09:21
So many planes, so little time... :isadizzy: I've been spending quite a bit of time in Carenado's 182RG and ES's Twinkie, but lately I've been logging a lot of time in the PBY Cat, learning to fly her properly... :wiggle:

arrowmaker
June 1st, 2009, 10:19
Even though I have since flown such wonderful aircraft as Aerosoft's Catalina and the A2A P-47 (with accusim), my favourite aircraft would still have to be the Digital Aviation Dornier Do-27. I just love it.

lifejogger
June 1st, 2009, 10:22
The two planes I have the most hours are Carenado's Piper Cherokee 180 and their Mooney. The RealAir Scout come in a close third.

warchild
June 1st, 2009, 10:47
For me it depends. Some of the planes that i work on can become favorites ( like the goose ) but mostly it depends on what i'm doing.
SkyUnlimited's P-38, Iris's F-14, Milton Shupes Commanders, Howard, dash-7 and the A-26, Arianes BBJ, Piglets RB-57, DM Flight Sims DH-106, and Suprunovs Yak-40

Bjoern
June 1st, 2009, 11:49
Still the default CRJ.

GA aircraft? Too boring, since too slow.

Ark
June 1st, 2009, 13:02
In no particular order...

Flight1/Coolsky Super 80 and Super 80 Pro
PMDG 747X
CaptainSim 727X
CaptainSim 757X
RealAir Duke
Carenado Arrow

Ark
June 1st, 2009, 13:05
1) the kodiak

2) carenado 182 (it would be the 206 but i just can't take the sounds)

3) the aa-5b

for default planes it's the dc-3 or the baron.

I do believe TSS (Turbine Sound Studios) has a replacement pack for the Carenado 206 sounds. You should be able to find them at SimMarket. You might want to give them a try. I hear (no pun intended) TSS does some pretty nice work.

Tweek
June 1st, 2009, 13:24
Pretty much anything that isn't an airliner (although microlights, gliders and GA don't get much of an airing on my sim). Mainly I like my fast jets and warbirds, with the odd heavy like the CS C-130 thrown in. Generally, most things that don't require the use of an autopilot!

gera
June 1st, 2009, 13:25
RO-41....................:ernae:...At least right now, I have as favorite as of last count 1,345....
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d145/scratchbuilt/cabinaRO-1022.jpg
Scratch built Solid Wood (Mahogany)

Mathias
June 1st, 2009, 13:40
and what one would that be?:kilroy:

Hehehe, two actually.
I think you know which ones.

Naismith
June 1st, 2009, 14:01
Many, but I am always dragged back to the Piper Vanguards and Maltby Trident. which are fine in FSX btw.

FAC257
June 1st, 2009, 14:07
I'm pretty much an equal opportunity user of all of my payware aircraft. Tubeliners to puddle jumpers are all okay by me.

Flight Plan + Time Alloted = Aircraft For The Moment :)

Currently my logbook notable high milers:

A2A/WoS B377 650hrs.
A2A/WoP B29 120+hrs.
A2A/WoPIII P-47D 100hrs.

Just recently I've been spending most of my time in the Aerosoft Cat island hopping the Leewards & Windwards checking out some new Caribbean sceneries. Now that I've reached the southern most point of this excursion, I'll most likely use either my Coolsky MD-80 or one of my Eaglesoft pocket rockets for the trip back north to Fla.

FAC

huub vink
June 1st, 2009, 14:12
Lately I have been flying in FS2004 quite often. I have been trying to master this one, but I haven't been able to put in back on the ground safely yet.....

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/Connie_KLM.jpg

I have spend quite some time in this cockpit as well (even flyable by me).

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/VC_Nieuport.jpg

In FSX I have found out that you can't fly through the Tower bridge, but Schotland is a nice area to have some fun with a Kodiak.... (Yes I fly those as well !)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/bridges1.jpg

And still one of my many favourites in FSX......

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/Kingfisher1.jpg

Kiwikat
June 1st, 2009, 14:13
In no particular order (for FSX):
AlphaSim Long-EZ
Carenado 182Q & RG
Realair Duke (post-SP1 w/RXP GNS430W)
Level-D 767
PMDG MD-11
A2A P-47 w/Accusim
Dodosim Bell 206

In real life: T-6 Texan hands down

There are so many good products by so many developers. I could probably list 20 more that I fly often and really enjoy. Not to mention environment products.

This IS the time of FSX. It can only get better!

gera
June 1st, 2009, 14:15
To those flying the New Cat around the Caribbean may I suggest you go to Dominican Rep and then jump to Panama City----you can land in Colon for a coke and then fly the Canal to Tocumen..its a neat flight. Soon in a Sim Near You and On-Line too...........I usually make the flight in one of my preferred ones--The BAC 111----flies like a dream and its not like the new tubes full of gadgets and whisles...just a good twin jet of old times........

jetstreamsky
June 1st, 2009, 14:25
The Nord 3202 is a really wonderful model and plane for low and slow, nicely detailed and flies right.

Iris Texan II advanced is a lot of fun, super flight dynamics, good visibility, a bit like a modern version of a WW2 fighter.

Aerosoft Catalina, brilliant cockpit, superb engine sounds and with amphibious capability go anyway, a little slow, so short flights are best.

Dodosim 206 FSX, I wish all the FSX helos would fly like this.

Blanik glider, nicely modelled, challenging flights with ridge lift software engaged.

MudMarine
June 1st, 2009, 14:31
Hehehe, two actually.
I think you know which ones.

Oh Ya, I think I know........drool, pant, drool!!:icon_lol:

Bjoern
June 1st, 2009, 16:01
The BAC 111----flies like a dream and its not like the new tubes full of gadgets and whisles...just a good twin jet of old times........

I liked the 111 in FS9, but not for virtual airline operations since it guzzled more expensive Jet-A on one flight than the CRJ did on two.

I just wish there was a native FSX version...

bkeske
June 1st, 2009, 17:05
I actually keep a spread sheet of all my aircrfat (consists of 40+ aircraft).... yes, I'm serious :icon_lol: about the spread sheet.....So....I look through my list occasionally and start flying those I have neglected in an attempt to even out the hours flown in each. Now, the hours do not actually indicate a 'favorite'.

My top ten

1) My various ES Cirrus' (SR20, SR22, and SR22 Turbo) combined: 88.10 hours
2) ES Piper Twinkie: 71.9 hours
3) Carenado Mooney: 61 hours
4) Dreamfleet Piper Dakota: 54.3 hours
5) Aerosoft F16: 42.6 hours
6) MAAM DC3: 41 hours
7) Carenado 182Q: 39.6 hours
8) Aerosoft Twotter: 35.6 hours
9) A2A B377: 35.1 hours
10) ES Beechjet-Hawker: 33.1 hours

...and the Lionheart Viking, ES Columbia, RealAir Duke, and Carenado cessna 182RG and 152 all with 30 and above.

Right now, I'm trying to get more time in the RealAir Scout and SF-260, which are both in the mid-20's...not sure why as the Scout was one of my most flown in FS9.

Need to also get more time in the RealAir Spit, the Aerosoft Beaver, my fairly new CaptainSim C-130, Piglet's WACO and Mite, and more.

It is really hard to pick a favorite, as I fly in 'trips' and try to use the same aircraft for most my 'adventures', and also try to select the aircraft that is 'best suited'; which is why I can 'rack-up' many hours in one aircraft fairly quickly. Right now, I'm planning another trip to Europe from Cleveland, and am thinking of using the B377.

I have to start planning that soon....sure wish GEX Europe would come out soon :icon_lol:

heywooood
June 1st, 2009, 19:01
in no particular order

Realair Scout

default Cub

Carenado Piper 180 and C150

Christen Eagle and Icarus Pitts

Extra300 and P-51 default

Beech Baron default

lately the neoqb Dr1 to get familiar :kilroy:

RyanJames170
June 1st, 2009, 19:27
1. A2A Boeing 377 with Accusim
2. A2A P-47 with Accusim
3. A2A Boeing B-17
4. A2A WOP II P-51D
5. A2A P-40B
6. FH FW190
7. Real Air Spitfire
8. LvLD 767-300
9. N2035s Pete
10. piper cub with 85 HP engine

i wish the 377 had the 4,300 HP engines over the 3,500 HP ones
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

cheezyflier
June 1st, 2009, 20:53
I do believe TSS (Turbine Sound Studios) has a replacement pack for the Carenado 206 sounds. You should be able to find them at SimMarket. You might want to give them a try. I hear (no pun intended) TSS does some pretty nice work.

oh man! thanks for the heads up! that's the kind of thing that turns a frown upside-down! :applause:

EMatheson
June 1st, 2009, 21:04
I am a tinkerer, really, not much of a flyer, so I fly what I am currently tinkering with. If I want a plane in which to just FLY, than I usually gravitate toward Milton Shupes OR Aerosofts Beech 18s (both are equally good, but very different, I keep them both because they both fit a different mood). The Carenado Piper Arrow, Cessna 172N and Cessna 206 all get a lot of flight-time, and Lionhearts Kodiak, Aerosofts Beaver, Bill Lyons Goose, and the AH Civvie Tigermoths round out my flight profile. Other favorites include the Section F8 Sabre, the Alphasim F-106, and the Alphasim Hunter...

CBris
June 1st, 2009, 21:16
Long Island Classics Christen Eagle - even in FSX... (mind you I keep hoping to find one as good or better)

There are a fair few better made models, but none as exhilerating.

lucas81
June 2nd, 2009, 00:13
A2A's 377, A2A's P-47, Lvl-D B767-300, Default CRJ, A321, Baron and C172.

Odie
June 2nd, 2009, 06:19
A2A's WW2 Fighters P-51D and IRIS' F-14 Tomcat, followed at a close 3rd place Classic Hangar's FW-190. Good stuff all around.

cheezyflier
June 2nd, 2009, 06:34
Long Island Classics Christen Eagle - even in FSX... (mind you I keep hoping to find one as good or better)

There are a fair few better made models, but none as exhilerating.

one of my fav fs9 planes, and you have done soooo many cool paints for it.
did you have to modify anything for it to fly in fsx?

dhazelgrove
June 2nd, 2009, 07:39
I don't suppose that anybody would be surprised if I said the EE Lightning and the F-4, closely followed by the Skysim Mirage III, the Aerosoft F-16 and the RAZBAM EA-6B.

Dave

kbolt43
June 2nd, 2009, 11:40
In no particular order and all of these have had air and config files "tweaked" :engel016:
Decathlon 8KCAB as I used to actually fly one :wiggle:
Goose
Beriev 103 Amphib
C-17 because it can go almost anywhere in any wx
727-100
F-14d
F-111

ErnstF
June 2nd, 2009, 12:11
Ooouuh, this is not easy . One month ago it would have been another list,
but at the moment the list looks like this:
1. Aerosoft Catalina
2. RealAir Duke
3. A2A P-47 AccuSim
4. Classic Hangars FW-190
5. Aerosoft F-16
6. SkySim BEe Hawk
7. Flight Replicas Me-262
8. RealAir Spitfire
9. Aerosoft Hughes H-1B
10.Aerosoft Twin Otter

Chacha
June 2nd, 2009, 13:40
I loved the Kodiak, Always does.... I still have the old ... old version where I can do missions.... deliver stuff to the villages and transport few people. I have not finished the whole mission yet, I am keeping it in another computer, I enjoy landing the Kodiak in a very remote villages.... I have not perfected it yet, since I fly other aircraft and get busy.

This was the first plane that I really put my time into.... flying, crashing (oops) I have it for about a year now and still enjoys it. Maybe one of these days I can finally give it up to give way to the newest version....

The second one i love most is the Cessna, and the Epic.... The cessna because i can fly slow and low and enjoy the sceneries.... and the Epic, because it is zooms real fast, real friendly, like driving a brand new kick-behind bugatti :jump:

Eli

PS...

My daughter loves the Cirrus Mission, Avanti, Beech King-Air, Piper Malibu.... Columbia 40 and Cessna 172! Those are her favs SIX!

rewasiuk
June 2nd, 2009, 19:29
My favourite aircraft has to be the Heinkel 111. The reason being is that during World War II, my father used to fly this particular aircraft with Kg 26. Alphasim has a very good rendition of this venerable aircraft and my second choice would have to be the Dornier 217 which my father used to fly for a brief period.

icarus
June 2nd, 2009, 20:27
For me the favorite plane is always the one I'm currently working on, naturally

me too...actually it's the storch fi156

cheezyflier
June 2nd, 2009, 20:30
I loved the Kodiak, *** I have not perfected it yet, since I fly other aircraft and get busy. *****
This was the first plane that I really put my time into.... flying, crashing (oops)****

i agree
it's a tricky one to land well. you really have to be paying attention.
i still bugger the landings sometimes if i don't keep my speed up, or if i hit full flaps too early.

airfighterjohn
June 3rd, 2009, 05:23
Anything by Piglet, Anything by Carenado, The Duke, Twinkie, C-130, Anything by Lionheart--and yes, since my dad had over 3000 hours in them, the good old A/B-26 invaders--I still want a TRUE fsx version, though the fixes seem ok in it---

Antoninus
June 3rd, 2009, 08:47
Currently the A2A P-47 with Accusim, Aerosoft Catalina and Accelerartion F-18. Since I installed FSX I have accumulated most hours in the Maule, Aerosoft Hughes H1 and DC 3, although the P-47 quickly climbs to the top in that list.

I actually keep a spread sheet of all my aircrfat (consists of 40+ aircraft).... yes, I'm serious :icon_lol: about the spread sheet.....So....I look through my list occasionally and start flying those I have neglected in an attempt to even out the hours flown in each.

There is (or will be again) a nice toll available at avsim: fsxlogbook. It reads your loogbook.bin file and creates automatically neat statistics like a list of all planes with the hours you have flown them.

euroastar350
June 3rd, 2009, 09:03
FS9: Bell 205, 210, 212, 412, UH1

FSX: Default Bell 206

bushpilot
June 3rd, 2009, 09:49
These kind of threads are always helpful for finding some new planes you never knew even existed. Just downloaded Christen Eagle and it's great. Very sporty.

One aircraft I forgot to add to my short list is CoolSky Super80. It's the only tubeliner I'm willing to fly:running:

Odie
June 3rd, 2009, 10:23
These kind of threads are always helpful for finding some new planes you never knew even existed. Just downloaded Christen Eagle and it's great. Very sporty.

One aircraft I forgot to add to my short list is CoolSky Super80. It's the only tubeliner I'm willing to fly:running:

Bushpilot, there's a very nice repaint representing Australia; green and orange with a kangaroo. Looks very good on the Eagle. Might try Flightsim.com for a look as I got mine at AVSIM.

cheezyflier
June 3rd, 2009, 11:00
so, no modifications to fly it in fsx accelleration then?

Lionheart
June 3rd, 2009, 11:02
I am cheating by saying the Steve Wittman Tailwind.

:d

Bill

MenendezDiego
June 3rd, 2009, 11:15
When this is all said and done, this will deff. be the one I fly for probably a month straight :)

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/5694/wipside4.jpg

pointy31
June 3rd, 2009, 11:28

Bill

Bill, do you know of someone making a Tailwind?...:jump:

bushpilot
June 3rd, 2009, 11:28
so, no modifications to fly it in fsx accelleration then?

If you mean Christen Eagle, I had to invert the alpha channel on gauge glass texture to get gauges showing.

Bill

By the way is that the aircraft in you avatar? Been wondering what it is. Looks the kind of aircraft I could be flying.:mixedsmi:

Ferry_vO
June 3rd, 2009, 13:26
Lots of great aircraft to choose from, but this one has been a favourite over the last two and a half years, and it will be for some time to come!:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/uiver_01.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/Flightsim/uiver_02.jpg

bkeske
June 3rd, 2009, 13:46
There is (or will be again) a nice toll available at avsim: fsxlogbook. It reads your loogbook.bin file and creates automatically neat statistics like a list of all planes with the hours you have flown them.

yep, I use it now, and it is the tool I use as a basis for creating my own customized spread sheet, complete with bar chart. :icon_lol:

I simply export the frame I want to a CSV file.

It is a great tool.

peter12213
June 4th, 2009, 03:44
Aerosoft f16 for me just can't stop flying it!!!

Lionheart
June 4th, 2009, 06:14
Bill, do you know of someone making a Tailwind?...:jump:

Yes. :d

<---

That F-15 looks Sweeeeet!

bushpilot
June 4th, 2009, 09:03
Hehe. Makes sensehttp://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon10.gif. Did quick googling about Tailwind, seems to be very intriguing plane. :applause:

Barvan40
June 4th, 2009, 10:03
Lots of great aircraft to choose from, but this one has been a favourite over the last two and a half years, and it will be for some time to come!... :d

Hey now, I see self shadowing! How close is the FSX version?

Ferry_vO
June 4th, 2009, 12:19
Hey now, I see self shadowing! How close is the FSX version?

Undergoing beta testing right now. With the KLM celebrating its 90th anniversary this year and the MacRobertson race its 75th, this seems like a good year to release it.... :engel016:

That's all I can say right now, but I promise it will be worth the wait!

VFR Alexander
June 4th, 2009, 12:41
Yes. :d

<---

That F-15 looks Sweeeeet!

What F-15? Been looking for one for a while. :running:

Gibbage
June 4th, 2009, 13:11
Sadly, I spend too much time modeling to fly.. I would say though the Aerosoft PBY is my fave, as long as I dont count my own stuff that is! ;)

Lionheart
June 4th, 2009, 13:13
What F-15? Been looking for one for a while. :running:

My oops.. Diego's F-18 posted above.

There is a new F15 coming together though. I forget who is doing it. Very nice work. The Fifteen is one of my fave fighters.

Bill

Lionheart
June 4th, 2009, 13:16
Sadly, I spend too much time modeling to fly.. I would say though the Aerosoft PBY is my fave, as long as I dont count my own stuff that is! ;)

I hear yah.. :d

VFR Alexander
June 4th, 2009, 13:27
My oops.. Diego's F-18 posted above.

There is a new F15 coming together though. I forget who is doing it. Very nice work. The Fifteen is one of my fave fighters.

Bill

Oh, that's an F-14.

I love the F-15... There's something about it that just clicks. The F-15, F-22, and YF-23 would be my short list, if there were any out.

Barvan40
June 4th, 2009, 17:14
Undergoing beta testing right now. With the KLM celebrating its 90th anniversary this year and the MacRobertson race its 75th, this seems like a good year to release it.... :engel016:

That's all I can say right now, but I promise it will be worth the wait!

Thanks Ferry, looking forward to this one. :applause:

pointy31
June 4th, 2009, 17:35
Forgot one of my front liners...:ernae:

Lionheart
June 4th, 2009, 18:13
I cant believe I put F-18. I knew that was a Tomcat.

<-- smacks self.

pointy31
June 4th, 2009, 18:43
Easy enough to do Bill, they both have two of those things sticking up and two of those things blowing out...kinda like an F16...or is it an F15?...:isadizzy:

VFR Alexander
June 5th, 2009, 11:52
Easy enough to do Bill, they both have two of those things sticking up and two of those things blowing out...kinda like an F16...or is it an F15?...:isadizzy:

F-15 = Two tails, two engines.
F-14 = Two tails, two engines, lots of missiles on its belly.
F-16 = One tail, one engine.
F/A-18 = Small, two engines, two tails.
F-22 = Two tails, two engines, sexy.

pointy31
June 5th, 2009, 12:53
F-15 = Two tails, two engines.
F-14 = Two tails, two engines, lots of missiles on its belly.
F-16 = One tail, one engine.
F/A-18 = Small, two engines, two tails.
F-22 = Two tails, two engines, sexy.

Ercoupe=Two tails, one engine
Beech 18=Two tails, two engines
Piper Apache=One tail, two engines
Grumman Mohawk=Three tails, two engines
Ford Tri-Motor=One tail, three engines (Ford had a better idea...) :applause:

CBris
June 5th, 2009, 13:28
Dornier Do X must fit in here somewhere :D