PDA

View Full Version : AlacrityPC

mariereid
May 31st, 2009, 16:41
Anyone around who is using this? I wnet through the whole shebang. Try to start cfs2 from the new shortcut. At the moment the black box called the AlacrityPC- running profile Combat Flight Simulator2.profile is on my screen. The last line is "8:50:10 PM:debug: Starting auto start program Combat Flight Simulator 2" Below this is a -. It has been at this point for over 40 minutes. Tried hitting spacebar, but it seems to be stuck here. There are a couple of high lighted lines that say warning so and so could not be stopped. What do I do next? Rick

mariereid
May 31st, 2009, 16:46
P.S. That little green fella was not on screen, must of clicked on him by mistake.

hewman100
June 1st, 2009, 01:48
It's what the colon and D together form as a smiley :D

mariereid
June 1st, 2009, 05:48
Hey guys, listen, I do not need info anymore. I must of went a little, ok a lot, overboard when i was messing with the program settings. Anyway, it was such a mess that i did a system recovery this am. I am getting good at that. I hope it is my last. I did learn a few things along the way. Alacrity led me to Black Viper. I think if i follow some of his "safe mode" advice everthing will be ok. Quite an adventure. Oh well time to load on the game and controllers. See ya, Rick

Ettico
June 1st, 2009, 10:35
If I remember correctly, it was the Black Viper site that helped me figure out which background programs to disable.

Once you've disabled all unnecessary bacground programs (but no necessary ones), I'm not sure you get any additional boost out of Alacrity.

That said, I did manage to get Alacrity set up to clear the decks for CFS2, and it seems to work. But I had already sped up the PC somewhat by disabling all the unnecessary background programs.

mariereid
June 1st, 2009, 11:01
I think a person could get all the benifits of alacrity by using the black viper info, except starting from the alacrity short cut and all the programs stopping and starting again. Whatever i did, it would not recongize cfs2 file location. The normal cfs2 short had asymbol like start up symbol at bottom left of screen. Anyway, whatever i did, it sure messed things up. I might try again,sometime, still a little shell schocked now. I am glad that I ran across Black Viper. I think the 60`s and 70`s were quite harmful to my head! see ya, Rick