PDA

View Full Version : FSX Config File

Railrunner130
May 30th, 2009, 06:38
Where has the FSX Config file been placed in Vista? I've moved my fleet over and can't find the darned config file to activate the folder all my aircraft are in. :isadizzy:

paiken
May 30th, 2009, 06:44
Yep, kinda confusing, but on my system, the path is C:\Users\Patrick\AppData\Roaming|Microsoft\FSX
where "Patrick" is replaced by whatever your main username is for your system

Railrunner130
May 30th, 2009, 07:10
What a pain in the butt to find! Many thanks for the quick response.

:icon29:

Rezabrya
May 30th, 2009, 07:13
you can just go to run, type appdata, click roaming, the microsoft, then fsx and its in there.

michael davies
May 30th, 2009, 07:23
It is a pain to find, so I made a desk top short cut to it, just right click the cfg file and creat shortcut, then drag to desk top.

Remember to have FSx shut down before editing, otherwise your edits may not work and FSx might over write when it shuts down.

Best

Michael

Roger
May 30th, 2009, 08:22
Yep that's the way to do it Michael!
For FsX beta testing, I have a couple of bat files to choose between Dx9 and Dx10 before starting FsX as it saves having to change to Dx10 in game and then restart.

Bone
May 30th, 2009, 09:08
It is a pain to find, so I made a desk top short cut to it, just right click the cfg file and creat shortcut, then drag to desk top.

Remember to have FSx shut down before editing, otherwise your edits may not work and FSx might over write when it shuts down.

Best

Michael

That is a good idea, I'm going to make a shortcut right now.