PDA

View Full Version : FSX Confusion

Les Parson
May 30th, 2009, 06:34
In a so far unsucessful attempt to connect HiFi Active Sky Advanced to FS9/FSX via WideFS, there is apparently a requirement to have Simconnect installed on both machines. I already have a registered version of FSUIPC 3.90 & FSUIPC4 for both FS9/FSX. In any case, if Simconnect is still required on the FS machine, here is the latest point of confusion - I purchased FSX Gold Edition, pre-loaded on a custom PC. According to the box, this includes FSX Deluxe and the Acceleration Expansion Pack.

Going to the Microsoft download site, it is stated to not install SP1 or SP2 if you have the above installed. I later read that Simconnect can be found on FSX disc #1 in the SDK; attempting to install results in the reject notice that SP1 or SP2 must be installed. Consequently, I don't know what I have?

Kavehpd
May 30th, 2009, 10:03
If you have Acceleration installed, no SP is required. I use Active Sky X (not advanced) and Acceleration without any problem.

some1
May 30th, 2009, 10:35
From what I know ASA don't need WideFS, only SimConnect installed on client machine. I've seen the procedure described in ASA manual. Anyway if you have some problems maybe better ask developers directly on their forum?

http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showforum=171

harleyman
May 30th, 2009, 11:11
If you are talking about a Digital Storm installed FSX..then surely the SDK's are not installed..

You have to browse the FSX disk #1 to install them...(think its number 1 disk)

The Acceleration disk has both SPs 1 + 2 on it and is automaticly installed with acceleration...