PDA

View Full Version : a little help please?

jeansy
May 29th, 2009, 20:23
ive managed to do something AGAIN

ive lost ATC voices BUT all other sounds are fine, i have atc turned to max volume on the sliders in sounds but i still have no voice, i get the text line but thats about it

is there a file that is a cfg for atc voices and atc sounds and or is there a line in the fsx.cfg that i can check

is there anything else i can check

yago9
May 29th, 2009, 21:03
You lost ALL the sounds in FSX ? Engines ? If yes check and see if you have any sound in windows. It happend to me and I had a short in my speakers wires . A bad start could fail to load the sound drivers. Problem persists after restart ? Check volume settings..it can happend..lol

jeansy
May 29th, 2009, 21:49
sorry my fault, i failed to mention i hear everything else fine, engines, rain etc

its just atc

gajit
May 29th, 2009, 23:06
Is your radio turned on??? :jump:

jeansy
May 30th, 2009, 00:42
yep radios are on, everything works but the voice sounds

jeansy
May 30th, 2009, 01:03
ok found the problem, something i thought wouldnt be such a big problem

both your playback and recording sources have to be the default, the problem on my end was i had my recording set to another mic other than default, even though i only use the usb mic, its not registered as my default recording source hence the playback conflict within fsx, it has me beat why the mic plays a vital role in playing atc voice when i dont even have vox software installed or any other atc 3rd party atc software
any ideas?

Dangerous Beans
May 30th, 2009, 02:26
jeansy, its so that you can have the main sounds play through your sound card and ATC play through USB headphones.