PDA

View Full Version : ETO Beaufighter sound files

BeauBrummie
October 16th, 2008, 11:54
Whilst sorting out my recent crash due to sound files. I took routinely to check on sound files of aircraft to be installed were aliased to. When I checked the AvHistory Beau's they were aliased to B-25's! So when I check the much better sounding ETO Beau's, imagine my surprise when I found that each one had the actual sound effect files. Each aircraft had over 4Mb of sound folder. So I've put the effects in a Eng Sounds Folder I have and aliased ALL the Beaus to this.

When I flew the MKX it looked remarkably familiar. So I ran the 3GB Mk 6ITF and they are the same aircraft. The loadouts maybe a bit different. Am I hallucinating?

Beau

Daiwilletti
October 16th, 2008, 16:00
yes I noticed the duplication of sound files too, Beau. probably best to set up a stand alone Bristol hercules file, like the others in the ETO aircraft folder - that way you know exactly where everything is.

With other aircraft I've imported, unfortunately I have the sound files in the Shared folder, so there will be a fair bit of cutting and pasting to homologate the location of the sound files for aircraft, using the system adopted in ETO...

rbp71854
October 16th, 2008, 16:24
The Beau was ported over from the PTO where it intially was included by permission from AvH. The model had a proven track record of multiplay dependability, all the ETO models received new paint jobs when placed into the ETO.

[quote=BeauBrummie;When I flew the MKX it looked remarkably familiar. So I ran the 3GB Mk 6ITF and they are the same aircraft. The loadouts maybe a bit different. Am I hallucinating?

Beau[/quote]

Capt. Winters
October 16th, 2008, 18:02
When I flew the MKX it looked remarkably familiar. So I ran the 3GB Mk 6ITF and they are the same aircraft. The loadouts maybe a bit different. Am I hallucinating?

Beau

Hi Beau, yep your hallucinating, the ETO MkX is infact a new model compared to the one MkVI AvH have.
The paintwork is from the AvH MkVI that has been touched up to reduce pixulation and gawdy colours on the roundles and mid upper surfaces and the specular file has been ammended to allow in game lighting to show reflection rather than having reflection painted onto the planes skin, it also has many changes to the weathering and wheel/tyre areas.. put the stock MkVI in game from AvH and compare them closely you'll see heaps of changes. especially th VC paintwork.:icon_lol:
Eventually I will do a proper skin for it, with the mid blue upper and invasion stripes etc.

Winjeel the original Beaufighter model builder sent through a new updated model for us to use. it has a slightly differant VC model as well.

The Mk1c that is a direct port from Avh History, but again the paint work retouched as well as above for the MkX. and teh 417 USAAF NF is based off this model as well but with new VC model and paint scheme.

the sound folder, your right needs to be sent to engine folder and alised.

HTH's

regards Rob.

BeauBrummie
October 16th, 2008, 21:06
Thanks for clearing that up chaps, thought I'd had one too many at the bar.

Beau