PDA

View Full Version : Milton's D-18

mustang51
October 16th, 2008, 11:27
Have been looking for any repaints for Milton's D-18 on floats for a couple of days now with out any luck. Can someone head me in the right direction?
Thanks.
Bob

Shinden
October 16th, 2008, 11:59
As far as I know there are no separate repaints available for the float twin-beech. But, for the fuselage and wings, you can use any repaint for the wheel version by just pasting fus and wing bmp's in your floatplane's texture folder.

cheers, S

OBIO
October 16th, 2008, 13:41
Yep! The five main texture files that cover the fuselage, wings and tail are common between all versions of Milton (and crew)'s B-18: eng0_t.bmp, eng1_t.bmp, fuse_t.bmp, tail_t.bmp and wings_t.bmp. Grab any paint that catches your liking, download it and simply drop those five folders into a texture folder of what ever version of the D-18 you want to use it on.

OBIO

Willy
October 16th, 2008, 13:44
I did my Merc Air paint and then just added it to amphib and float versions.

pfflyers
October 17th, 2008, 11:06
I kinda did it the opposite way. The "pontoons_L" and "pontoons_t" are the float bitmaps. Just add those to any texture folder and you can use it as either a floatplane or amphib.

The trickier conversion (for me) is making a passenger texture into a cargo and vice versa.

mustang51
October 17th, 2008, 12:31
Thanks everyone. She sure is a fine aircraft on floats. Would be nice if you could do things like step taxi, plow taxi, or beeching it on a ramp or shore line without jumping out of the water.
Bob