PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Hunters get ready....

gera
May 28th, 2009, 14:17
The Hurricane season is coming, already the first tropical depression is developing ( http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090528/sc_afp/uscanadaweather)

Those with Hi FiŽs Active Sky can check this weather freak as well as all hurricanes....

Soon......when the a larger Tropical Depression down in the South Atlantic starts IŽll set up an Adventure Flight Online "Using Real weather" and then we can go "Hurricane Hunting" more realistically....

Warrant
May 28th, 2009, 14:26
The Hurricane season is coming, already the first tropical depression is developing ( http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090528/sc_afp/uscanadaweather)

Those with Hi FiŽs Active Sky can check this weather freak as well as all hurricanes....

Soon......when the a larger Tropical Depression down in the South Atlantic starts IŽll set up an Adventure Flight Online "Using Real weather" and then we can go "Hurricane Hunting" more realistically....

Got HiFi AS. Currently pushing hours on Catalina approaching Anchorage, Alaska. Will go there next, also in the Cat :monkies:

Was in that area little over a week ago, btw.

deimos256
May 28th, 2009, 14:32
Its only amusing to people who dont live in at-risk areas.

Warrant
May 28th, 2009, 14:42

Au contraire, i have seen what these monsters can do. I visited the US east coast a while ago, just after one of these struck the area (Havre de Grace, Maryland).

Hope this beast remains at sea. But in a FS point of view it is mighty interesting how the HiFi weather engine is going to reproduce this phenomenon.

gera
May 29th, 2009, 06:15
Au contraire, i have seen what these monsters can do. I visited the US east coast a while ago, just after one of these struck the area (Havre de Grace, Maryland).

Hope this beast remains at sea. But in a FS point of view it is mighty interesting how the HiFi weather engine is going to reproduce this phenomenon.

In HiFi weather engine you get almost an exact picture of it....it is really very interesting and the simulation is very real. You will notice as you approach it the changing of weather and eventually when you get to the eye it is awesome....:icon_lol:

gera
May 29th, 2009, 06:22

I donŽt think it is amusing to no one, it is a fact of nature and it is very "interesting" from the scientific point of view. From the aviation point of view it is essential to know them and realize the danger inherit it them. Having lived in Miss and La for many years I know how fearsome they are and destructive they are......but am sure most know what they are and how they can disrupt peopleŽs lives when they hit ground......