PDA

View Full Version : Jan's F-86

hews500d
October 16th, 2008, 11:11
Just saw the link for this website posted over at Simflight.com

http://sectionf8.com/

Looks like the F-86 release is getting really, really close now :running::ernae:

Darrell

Quicksand
October 16th, 2008, 11:21
:applause::ernae::jump::medals::d Thanx for the link, Darrell.

txnetcop
October 16th, 2008, 11:29
Coming S**N to a download near you...I just couldn't use that word
Ted

dominique
October 16th, 2008, 11:36
the manual is already is nice read :applause:!

Wing_Z
October 16th, 2008, 11:41
Made the mistake of downloading the 4MB Manual...good job it has warnings all over the place saying
For Flight Simulator Use Only
otherwise I'd be tempted to use it for my Sabre, parked outside :d
Great thought to release this ahead of the model...

Lightning
October 16th, 2008, 12:04
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh.....

The wait is KILLING me ! :banghead:

I know, I know, patience.....but I want it NOW ! :jump:

aeronca1
October 16th, 2008, 12:10
There it goes.... Man, I hate youse guys :costumes:. Just drooled all over my keyboard, and now have to put it in the dryer......

The Sabre looks simply amazing and when all those other variants appear, we'll have what has to be the absolute penultimate release FS9 will ever see!

PeteHam
October 16th, 2008, 12:43
Got my flight suit on and helmet in one hand with the flight manual in the other ......

I'm ready :jump:

Pete.

FlyTexas
October 16th, 2008, 12:49
The website should be called SectionF5 because that's the key I'm going to be wearing out while waiting for this beauty. :costumes:

Brian

Panther_99FS
October 16th, 2008, 13:15
The team did one HECKUVA job with this one :medals:

You folks will definitely be satisfied :mixedsmi:

skyhawka4m
October 16th, 2008, 13:16
zzzzzzzzz:frown:

wake me when its time to play.....they didn't do my paint that they were supposed to do......

NickB
October 16th, 2008, 14:14
:jawdrop: Wow!

bully707
October 16th, 2008, 14:41
There was a song once in the early 90s...."Me so ho*ny...." :jump:
Well...yes me too....! :costumes:

It looks just soooooo wonderful...

mikew
October 16th, 2008, 14:44
This is going to be absolutely incredible... I know what I'll be piloting for a long time! Great work guys!

Mike

pointy31
October 16th, 2008, 17:59
HooWee!...I'm plum fiberglassed...das de mose reelelastic model I done eber seed...gonna hafta sin a hole case of Cajun Koolaid to dim guys...:ernae:

Drake
October 17th, 2008, 06:51
Incredible! Can't wait! :ernae:

PhantomP
October 17th, 2008, 09:15
I am still catching my breath amazing must have

hinch
October 17th, 2008, 11:02
I hope this doesn't ruin my grades. It will look great on my new doomsday power PC =D

Ascua02
October 17th, 2008, 11:24
:spain: And me in need of a new avatar (droool!!!) :jump:

Man, the looks of the little darling.....:redfire:

Robert MORANE-SAULNIER
October 17th, 2008, 11:53
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH ! (not patient...)
Amazing !!!! :applause::applause::applause:

When ? When ? (When ?) :jump:

FlyTexas
October 17th, 2008, 13:05
From Jan (posted on CBFS)..."The package can be downloaded from the usual places sometime next week."

Brian

Txmmy83
October 17th, 2008, 14:27
it is the most detailed F86 rendition Ive ever seen:applause:

skyhawka4m
October 17th, 2008, 16:16
oh well....its friday night and no new planes.........:banghead:

not even for my birthday......

Panther_99FS
October 17th, 2008, 16:32
zzzzzzzzz:frown:

wake me when its time to play.....they didn't do my paint that they were supposed to do......

Hey Skyhawk!
Cliff has been a painting fool with this :d - so don't give up hope yet...:mixedsmi:

skyhawka4m
October 17th, 2008, 16:46
i'm hoping for a paint kit.....so far the DC ANG is most interesting to me

MudMarine
October 17th, 2008, 18:06
The team did one HECKUVA job with this one :medals:

You folks will definitely be satisfied :mixedsmi:

I think I'll be satisfied when I see that it's actually available for download.......So that freaking "S" word isn't used anymore!:d

skyhawka4m
October 17th, 2008, 18:30
I think I'll be satisfied when I see that it's actually available for download.......So that freaking "S" word isn't used anymore!:d

:costumes::costumes:

Spranget
October 17th, 2008, 18:30

AAHHHHH!!!!! Well put Mud!!!

dhenriques
October 17th, 2008, 18:59
i'm hoping for a paint kit.....so far the DC ANG is most interesting to me

If we're talking about the same airplane, that would be the Delaware ANG Sabre instead of the "DC" ANG.
Dudley Henriques

Milton Shupe
October 17th, 2008, 19:40
For the 8 years that I have known of Mr. Visser, he has continually set the bar higher and has been an amazing inspiration to designers world-wide. I fear that, without world class pole vaulting abilities, the bar may be out of reach for mere mortals. Showers of accolades will be forthcoming for Mr. Visser and the team. :medals: :applause: :medals:

Quicksand
October 18th, 2008, 10:03
According to the info at the SectionF8 site, ALL the switches are functional in both the 2D and VC............. I gotta feeling we are about to be blown away by level of realism Jan and his team have put into this plane..... Talk about pacing the floor over this baby's arrival......:running::d:running:

Panther_99FS
October 18th, 2008, 10:24
Make you also use the right mouse button when flippin some of the switches...:mixedsmi:

skyhawka4m
October 18th, 2008, 10:31
According to the info at the SectionF8 site, ALL the switches are functional in both the 2D and VC............. I gotta feeling we are about to be blown away by level of realism Jan and his team have put into this plane..... Talk about pacing the floor over this baby's arrival......:running::d:running:

Ahhhhh......we got a long wait I think.....lots fo false alarms going on around here.......:banghead:

EMatheson
October 18th, 2008, 11:25
Ahhhhh......we got a long wait I think.....lots fo false alarms going on around here.......:banghead:

ahhh, comeon... don't be so negative. this ain't no "false alarm" - I can tell you that much..!

MudMarine
October 19th, 2008, 01:39
ahhh, comeon... don't be so negative. this ain't no "false alarm" - I can tell you that much..!

ahhh, come on.....how MANY times have we heard that! At least 15!! I know it's freeware and I really do appreciated that! But all the endless teasing is REALLY begining to suck! So show us the money!hehe:costumes:

Cees Donker
October 19th, 2008, 02:50
Mmmmm........

Cees

TomSteber
October 19th, 2008, 03:15
I'm curious, I've seen Great screenshots, heard Great stuff about how it flies. But, I don't remember anything about how it sounds? For me, there's nothing better than having the aircraft sound right both inside and out and of course, that wonderful airport flyby!

Really looking forward to this one.

Panther_99FS
October 19th, 2008, 05:48
But, I don't remember anything about how it sounds?

The sounds ROCK! :mixedsmi:

dominique
October 19th, 2008, 05:55
I've absorbed the manual and now...

Railrunner130
October 19th, 2008, 06:00
If we're talking about the same airplane, that would be the Delaware ANG Sabre instead of the "DC" ANG.
Dudley Henriques

I was going to do Cindee Lind myself, even though it's an H-model.. Ha ha. Drive past her nearly every morning. I've got a few pics for others and I've got a source for some unpublished pics.

Plus, I found this... http://www.powells.com/biblio?show=TRADE%20PAPER:NEW:9780738567075:21.99# synopses_and_reviews I don't think I've ever met the author, but it should be interesting.

Javis
October 19th, 2008, 06:00
ahhh, come on.....how MANY times have we heard that! At least 15!!

Hmmm..... slightly exaggerated, my muddy marine friend... :173go1: , too bad we can't verify that anymore, éh ?... :d

I know it's freeware and I really do appreciated that! But all the endless teasing is REALLY begining to suck!

Too bad we can't verify that neither anymore but i'd like you to try and recall that in most cases it was *you guys* overhere asking about if there was any news on our Sabre project. I just answered the question with a couple more WIP screenies. What else would you have wanted me to do ?

Learned my lesson, no more WIP shots from me. :banghead::a1451:

Btw, this thread here ain't no 'teaser' at all, just announcing that our dedicated website has gone on line... And again, like most of the time before, it wasn't me who started it... See ?.... :a1310:

So show us the money!hehe:costumes:

Any more of this and i'll make it PAYWARE! Then you can show ME the money !! $95.75 to be exact. And another $45.50 for the additional skin package.

Oh! FSX version will cost ya.....mmmm..... let's see.....$147.25.

I could do that, you know.... :costumes::costumes:

Just kidding here, Mud, fully understand you guys like to fire up that J-47 yourself instead of just looking at screenies. Hey, i'd come in here myself complaining about it ! But if you want a highly detailed, top notch FS aircraft model for free you gotta wait......, and wait......, and wait......, and wait some more..... Oh, and did i tell you you'd have to wait a while too ??......

I hope you all realize how much time and effort goes into a fully detailed, photoreal inside and outside FS aircraft model featuring nothing but customs made gauges, countless XML programmed goodies, top notch flight dynamics validated by 2 RW pilots, sounds that you won't normally hear in other FS jetfighter models ( sound getting louder when you open your canopy, tire squeeks when you start yawing across the runway during take-off, typical brake sound when you brake during taxi roll just to name a few ) and so on.

Anyway, thanks for all the nice comments otherwise, gentlemen ! All your waiting will be rewarded next week !

Nah..... just teasing.... :d

Cheers,
Jan

Lightning
October 19th, 2008, 06:13
Anyway, thanks for all the nice comments otherwise, gentlemen ! All your waiting will be rewarded next week !

Cheers,
Jan

NEXT WEEK ? NEXT WEEK ? :banghead: :banghead:

It's Sunday already, so this is already a new week.
So, does that mean something like 10 days from now?

Aaaaaaaaargh.........

Just kidding, much as we think we won't, I guess we'll survive till it's ready.
Thanks again for what looks to be an absolutely world shaking package, and all for FREE !:ernae::ernae:

Lightning
October 19th, 2008, 06:14
Oh, BTW I'd be happy to join in the final beta testing today if you want. :icon_lol:

hehehe

Milton Shupe
October 19th, 2008, 06:19
One of the reasons I retired from these projects was that they were taking up to 11 months to do and our projects were no where near the quality of this one. I can understand the impatience :banghead: but you simply can't rush perfection. We should be grateful that Mr. Visser (and team) is willing to dedicate a tremendous part of his life to bring the community a product of this quality. :applause: Remember that realism comes only with an enormous price of development time. :kilroy:

Javis
October 19th, 2008, 06:23
For the 8 years that I have known of Mr. Visser, he has continually set the bar higher and has been an amazing inspiration to designers world-wide. I fear that, without world class pole vaulting abilities, the bar may be out of reach for mere mortals. Showers of accolades will be forthcoming for Mr. Visser and the team. :medals: :applause: :medals:

Thank you, Milton, that's very kind of you to say but WAAAYYY too much honour, Sir ! :isadizzy:

You know, without you, i might've still been busy figuring out how to get that nose wheel to steer properly ! :mixedsmi:

Thank YOU very much for being such a great inspiration and for all the help you have givin me !! :medals::ernae::medals:

Cheers,
Jan :wavey:

MudMarine
October 19th, 2008, 06:32
Don't take it the wrong way........I feel exactely like Milton does! I see you left out the part where I say " I know it's freeware and respect that". In other words.....THANK YOU!:d 15 was an exaggeration but it's not too far off the mark. My comments had nothing to do with the team but with the talking heads that throw the "S" word around too often. Truthfully, I took a deep breath awhile ago, and as always, my attitiute is she'll be done when she's done!:costumes:

dhenriques
October 19th, 2008, 06:33
I was going to do Cindee Lind myself, even though it's an H-model.. Ha ha. Drive past her nearly every morning. I've got a few pics for others and I've got a source for some unpublished pics.

Cindy Lind was Dave McAllister's (Del ANG Commander) wife. This H (53-1296) was his last airplane. Dave had several fighters that bore Cindy Lind's name.

I believe Jan is planning an H down the line. If you want to have a Cindy Lind before that, you might consider one of Dave's prior mounts. Cindy Lind the 6th was an F86A with the tail number 91117

Dudley Henriques

Javis
October 19th, 2008, 07:39
Don't take it the wrong way........

I didn't, Mud, not in the least, in fact, check your PM.... :d

You too, Lightning...

cheers,
Jan

dominique
October 19th, 2008, 08:21
We should be grateful that Mr. Visser (and team) is willing to dedicate a tremendous part of his life to bring the community a product of this quality.

be damned if we are not :applause:!

lilduckfoot2
October 19th, 2008, 08:24
Learned my lesson, no more WIP shots from me. :banghead::a1451:

Btw, this thread here ain't no 'teaser' at all, just announcing that our dedicated website has gone on line... And again, like most of the time before, it wasn't me who started it... See ?.... :a1310:

Any more of this and i'll make it PAYWARE! Then you can show ME the money !! $95.75 to be exact. And another $45.50 for the additional skin package.

Oh! FSX version will cost ya.....mmmm..... let's see.....$147.25.

I could do that, you know.... :costumes::costumes:

Just kidding here, ...

... Anyway, thanks for all the nice comments otherwise, gentlemen ! All your waiting will be rewarded next week !

Cheers,
Jan

Jan, thanks for giving us something to ponder. It's always puzzled me how we simmers can be so impatient and demanding of freeware (?) developers, especially projects like this one that, as Mr. Shupe so aptly put it,

..."For the 8 years that I have known of Mr. Visser, he has continually set the bar higher and has been an amazing inspiration to designers world-wide. I fear that, without world class pole vaulting abilities, the bar may be out of reach for mere mortals. Showers of accolades will be forthcoming for Mr. Visser and the team."

Oh, and I enjoy the updates which serve to heighten the anticipation.

THANKS, Jan and Team.

LDF

skyhawka4m
October 19th, 2008, 08:24
hey....where's my secret PM......:kilroy:........:wiggle:.........:wavey:

Sundog
October 19th, 2008, 09:02
I was excited about this project, well I still am, but when I saw you guys plan on modeling the entire line, including the H, I realized my wait just became much longer. At least I'll have this F-86 to hold me over until the H is available. :jump:

Thanks for all of your hard work and the updates. Having worked on a few projects, the waiting really is the easy part. Based on all involved I'm sure it will be a spectacular release. Cheers to the Section F8 team! :ernae:

skyhawka4m
October 19th, 2008, 09:30
I was excited about this project, well I still am, but when I saw you guys plan on modeling the entire line, including the H, I realized my wait just became much longer. At least I'll have this F-86 to hold me over until the H is available. :jump:

Thanks for all of your hard work and the updates. Having worked on a few projects, the waiting really is the easy part. Based on all involved I'm sure it will be a spectacular release. Cheers to the Section F8 team! :ernae:

I think I remember someone saying that those vairant will be FSX only...but I may be mistaken. If so that sure would be very sad.

jordonj
October 19th, 2008, 09:32
To everyone griping about the wait...SHADDDUP!!!

Javis, I was expecting this to be payware (the quality certainly warrants it), but the fact that it's to be freeware will be a nice bonus!

Waiting patiently...and a few more WIP shots are always welcome!

skyhawka4m
October 19th, 2008, 09:39
never mind.....

why is my post count only 45???????

Astoroth
October 19th, 2008, 11:27
Jan, we're all just griping about the wait because we know what you're capable of producing for us, and the suspense is driving us crazy! However, rest assured we are NOT griping at you, just blowing off a little steam in eager anticipation!

MudMarine
October 19th, 2008, 13:15
To everyone griping about the wait...SHADDDUP!!!

Javis, I was expecting this to be payware (the quality certainly warrants it), but the fact that it's to be freeware will be a nice bonus!

Waiting patiently...and a few more WIP shots are always welcome!

Shut up!:costumes: That'll be the day hell freeze's over!:costumes:

Railrunner130
October 19th, 2008, 13:29
Dudley, the A-model Cindee is a great idea!

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a310/Railrunner130/f-86asm.jpg
I was working on this one for Kirk Olsson's airplane, but I'm not sure what the colors were.

dhenriques
October 19th, 2008, 18:39
Dudley, the A-model Cindee is a great idea!

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a310/Railrunner130/f-86asm.jpg
I was working on this one for Kirk Olsson's airplane, but I'm not sure what the colors were.

Do me a favor. You seem to have some inside data on the old 142nd Del ANG.
If you have anything at all on Captain James R. Shotwell Jr. (images or text doesn't matter) would you be kind enough to let me know please. I'm interested in anything other people have on him that I might not have.
Many thanks
DH

PeteHam
October 19th, 2008, 20:31
I'm lucky .... I get to see this everyday out at my local airport :jump:

Pete.

fragmentum
October 19th, 2008, 20:42
Javis & Beta crew;
What I have seen is stunning, and am really looking forward to what may be the highest quality freeware of the year!
I fly Kirk Olsson's Sabre all over Montana and love squeezing it into Lauren Robison's revised airports around the state.

Javis's SectionF8 website is now the deafult brouser in this hanger!
http://www.sectionf8.com/

Blue skies....

Frag

BananaBob
October 20th, 2008, 00:26
I'm lucky .... I get to see this everyday out at my local airport :jump:

Pete.

Lucky! (in the words of Napoleon Dynamite) LOL, man that would be nice! :ernae:

Francois
October 20th, 2008, 01:37
Javis & Beta crew;
What I have seen is stunning, and am really looking forward to what may be the highest quality freeware of the year!

Javis's SectionF8 website is now the deafult brouser in this hanger!
http://www.sectionf8.com/

Blue skies....

Frag

Make that of "... the past FEW years !!..." and you're right ! :wavey:

robcap
October 20th, 2008, 04:58
Make that of "... the past FEW years !!..." and you're right ! :wavey:

and add to that: "AND the years to come !! " :kilroy:

Cheers, Rob

sbp
October 20th, 2008, 08:21
Gentlemen, unscabbard thy Saber. :jump:

spamnacan

fragmentum
October 20th, 2008, 08:31
Oshkosh 2004: Chuck Yeager and Bob Hoover wax stories of their time with the beloved F-86 Super Sabre. Here in front of 12740. This was a Warbirds in Review presentation where the real pilots of various aircraft tell of their experiences to an appreciable audience.
This F-86E was flown by Francis Stanley "Gabby" Gabreski (Franciszek Gabryszewski) (28 January (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/January_28) 1919 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1919) - January 31 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/January_31), 2002 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002)) was the top American (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USA) fighter ace (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fighter_ace) in Europe during World War II (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II), a jet fighter ace in Korea (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_War), and a career officer in the United States Air Force (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Air_Force) with more than 26 years service. If your interested in reading some real hair raising experiences of these two venerable fighter/test pilots, read their autobiography’s.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=58392&stc=1&d=1224520215

Proves the BEST fighter aircraft came out of North American manufacturing plants....

Willy
October 20th, 2008, 12:17
Proves the BEST fighter aircraft came out of North American manufacturing plants....

Some could take exception to that statement. :d

SteveB
October 20th, 2008, 12:33
Some could take exception to that statement. :d

Stalin is aware of this blatent yankee imperialist propoganda :costumes:

skyhawka4m
October 20th, 2008, 13:27
Stalin is aware of this blatent yankee imperialist propoganda :costumes:

Let's leave Mr. Obama outta this.......:costumes:

TomSteber
October 20th, 2008, 13:41

:applause::applause::applause::applause::costumes:

deathfromafar
October 20th, 2008, 14:03
This should inspire many who wait to fly the new Sabre!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRt6UnNzR6I

God graced Bob Hoover the heart and skills to fly, Bob Hoover graced us all with the beauty of the sight and sound of seeing him fly....

Ferry_vO
October 20th, 2008, 14:06

Let's try to leave politics out of this forum altogether, shall we..?

:)

Panther_99FS
October 20th, 2008, 14:13

Especially when you don't know what the design team affiliations are...:mixedsmi:

Cees Donker
October 20th, 2008, 14:36
Incorporating politics in a flightsim forum is not good!

:kilroy:

Cees

Ferry_vO
October 20th, 2008, 14:45
...So back on-topic to the Sabre before this good thread gets locked:

I can't wait for it! :jump:

Awesome work Jan and team! :ernae:

TomSteber
October 20th, 2008, 17:04

:redf::redf::redf::redf: I should have known better.... I feel ashamed.

MudMarine
October 20th, 2008, 18:14
:redf::redf::redf::redf: I should have known better.... I feel ashamed.

You shouldn't! It was funny!:costumes: But it's true, this isn't the place for that stuff............:d I'll put my two cents in for the Grumman Iron Works! I love those kitties!!

PS This release is going to be one of the best ALL TIME freeware release's!! And one of the best ALL TIME fs9 aircraft! PERIOD!!

thudpilot
October 20th, 2008, 18:32
This release is going to be one of the best ALL TIME freeware release's!!
And one of the best ALL TIME fs9 aircraft! PERIOD!!

:d Ah ha!! MudMarine has finally come around to being a true believer.
Welcome aboard mate. Glad to have you aboard. :ernae:

Cliff

skyhawka4m
October 20th, 2008, 18:47
Where's the Koolaid....I need some I think.

MudMarine
October 20th, 2008, 19:51
:d Ah ha!! MudMarine has finally come around to being a true believer.
Welcome aboard mate. Glad to have you aboard. :ernae:

Cliff

I NEVER doubt it brother!! The only thing that gets under my skin is the "soon" stuff!:costumes: What can I say, it's a personal flaw that I'm always working on......patience!:d

Lightning
October 20th, 2008, 20:06
PS This release is going to be one of the best ALL TIME freeware release's!! And one of the best ALL TIME fs9 aircraft! PERIOD!!

I would have to say "The best ALL TIME fs9 aircraft! PERIOD" :medals::ernae::medals: and I have to say that there have been some other really great ones.

Milton's releases.
The SOH A-26.
All the MAAM aircraft.
The Realair Spit.
I love the WoP aircraft...I could go on, but this is just in a whole league of it's own!

MudMarine
October 20th, 2008, 20:55
You'll get no fight from me!:d:ernae:

skyhawka4m
October 21st, 2008, 03:08
I would have to say "The best ALL TIME fs9 aircraft! PERIOD" :medals::ernae::medals: and I have to say that there have been some other really great ones.

Milton's releases.
The SOH A-26.
All the MAAM aircraft.
The Realair Spit.
I love the WoP aircraft...I could go on, but this is just in a whole league of it's own!

Alright...stop with the teasing. Its getting a bit outta hand here. We know its gonna be good, we know its the best ever.......lets get our F-86 ON now. Seems to me that there are ALOT of "beta testers"......:banghead:

Panther_99FS
October 21st, 2008, 05:02
Seems to me that there are ALOT of "beta testers"......:banghead:

Not as many as you think...:mixedsmi:
That being said, more does give more eyes & system feedback...

MM
October 21st, 2008, 06:00
DFA. Thanks for the link to the Bob Hoover F-86 film. Fantastic!

Lightning
October 23rd, 2008, 08:25
Just a reminder to folks.

**** !! (read the "F"ing Manual)

I didn't, and got egg on my face.
It flys just like it say it does, and you damned well better follow the instructions ! :banghead:

Cees Donker
October 23rd, 2008, 08:37
A few more days?

:d

Cees

EMatheson
October 23rd, 2008, 08:41
Just a reminder to folks.

**** !! (read the "F"ing Manual)

I didn't, and got egg on my face.
It flys just like it say it does, and you damned well better follow the instructions ! :banghead:

Ah... but it sure is fun just to jump in and fly! It is a pure delight to cruise around the skies in, a real beaut of a flyer... the accuracy of the flight envelop just makes the flight more entertaining, not less!

thudpilot
October 23rd, 2008, 08:56
A few more days?

:d

Cees

Oh no Cees, less than that! :applause:

;)

Lightning
October 23rd, 2008, 08:57
Oh, it flys like a dream, not hard to fly at all.
Just me not reading in the manual to use full flaps on take off, and get that gear up BEFORE 185kts.
Hard to do when you are only using 5 degs of flaps and it won't rotate till 200kts :) :banghead:

Oh and back off that throttle after lift off till the gear and flaps are up or you will exceed the speed limits and damage both.

Felixthreeone
October 23rd, 2008, 09:24
:jump::jump::jump:...I am absolutely thrilled...can't wait!!!!!! :applause::ernae:...shame i have to work all weekend ; it will probably be released Friday night :banghead:

thudpilot
October 23rd, 2008, 09:41
Oh, it flys like a dream, not hard to fly at all.
Just me not reading in the manual to use full flaps on take off, and get that gear up BEFORE 185kts.
Hard to do when you are only using 5 degs of flaps and it won't rotate till 200kts

:ipepsi2: The Flight Manual is a MUST READ!

Always use full flaps, and correct horizontal tail take-off trim set for an airplane nose-up condition. At approximately 100 kts raise the nose wheel slightly off the runway and maintain that position. Depending on your weight she will lift herself off at about 120/125 kts.

:rolleyes:

Flaps should be in the full UP position at 160 kts and gear up below 185 kts or you may experience actual hydraulic failure.

:isadizzy:

Krazy
October 23rd, 2008, 10:38
Well.......The weeks nearly up in this part of the world ?????

Cees Donker
October 23rd, 2008, 11:35
Well.......The weeks nearly up in this part of the world ?????

A few more days to go.....

Cees

MudMarine
October 23rd, 2008, 17:10
The manual is sexy also........not Playboy sexy but still VERY nice!!:costumes:

hews500d
October 23rd, 2008, 19:41
Well with "The Outhouse" going to be down this weekend hopefully we'll have 1 or maybe even 2 North American aircraft to play around with, the Saber and Bomber's Mustangs.

Darrell :d

Cees Donker
October 24th, 2008, 03:10
Oh no Cees, less than that! :applause:

;)

Before the weekend??

Cees

calypsos
October 24th, 2008, 05:58
.......are we there yet??????

hinch
October 24th, 2008, 06:04
I have Saturday free, this would be a nice way to spend it before I get my new PC and start the whole reloading process =D

Javis
October 24th, 2008, 08:46
Right now the Gold package is being checked by the Betateam, gents. Uploading probabely starts tomorrow. I was meaning to upload here at SOH first but with the site being offline during the weekend ( damn website hackers :tgun2::icon31: ) you might try avsim new files tomorrow evening. Flightsim.com might take a while longer before the file gets on line.

Btw, look for 'sf86ef.zip' :mixedsmi:

Cheers,
Jan

hews500d
October 24th, 2008, 08:49
Hey Jan, that's great news! Hope everything goes well :jump:

Darrell

Felixthreeone
October 24th, 2008, 12:25
:ernae::ernae::ernae::jump::jump::jump::applause:: applause::applause:

Cees Donker
October 24th, 2008, 12:31
Okay!!!

Cees

TomSteber
October 24th, 2008, 13:31
HOLY :censored: !!!!!! Soon is REALLY SOON!!!!!!!!! :jump:

:applause::applause::applause::applause:

Thank you for all your team's work!

Quicksand jr
October 24th, 2008, 13:53
.......are we there yet??????

WE THERE YET?...WE THERE YET?...WE THERE YET?....DONK!!!!:costumes::costumes::costumes:, I can't wait to fly this beauty:d:d:d....did I mention:d

calypsos
October 24th, 2008, 14:09
Looks like I have a longer wait than most, as for some uknown reason AVSIM file do not like me, I can only get a small percentage and then it stops!

I will have to wait for 'all nodes' on Sunday or Monday. Mind you, I bet the Avsim servers will struggle!

Tom Clayton
October 24th, 2008, 14:11
right now the gold package is being checked by the betateam, gents. uploading probabely starts tomorrow. i was meaning to upload here at soh first but with the site being offline during the weekend ( damn website hackers :tgun2::icon31: ) you might try avsim new files tomorrow evening. Flightsim.com might take a while longer before the file gets on line.

Btw, look for 'sf86ef.zip' :mixedsmi:

Cheers,
jan

Yes!!!

modelr
October 24th, 2008, 15:44
:jump::jump::jump::applause::applause:

b24_witchcraft
October 24th, 2008, 17:45
From everything I'm seeing on the sectionF8 website and reading here this looks like it's going to be one of the year's (and perhaps for the last few years as well) great releases. I have a feeling once this package is released to Avsim sometime soon (hopefully) the server and download speeds for Avsim will come to a crawl for some time to come. Also I think that a lot of people will be needing new F5 buttons on their keyboards real soon. :d

To Javis and the SectionF8 team I have a feeling you have a upcoming true gem on your hands. :applause::applause:Thank you in advance. :ernae:

skyhawka4m
October 24th, 2008, 19:17
coming at YA! :mixedsmi:

Bandit
October 24th, 2008, 21:12
must be some monkey working late tonight , haha

warbirdsnut
October 24th, 2008, 22:08
I wonder how much longer we are going to wait. Im dying to try this machine out!!

Lightning
October 25th, 2008, 05:09
Is there a paint kit for this beauty, and has anyone started any paints yet? :cost1:

skyhawka4m
October 25th, 2008, 05:23
Have a few in mind myself.

Tim-HH
October 25th, 2008, 05:31
I have created a repaint during the beta test. I will upload it as soon as the F-86 package is available :)

Greetings
Tim

Quicksand
October 25th, 2008, 05:36
Beautiful, Tim... I'm looking forward to filling my hangar with Sabres....:applause::ernae::medals::d

Bobcat
October 25th, 2008, 10:09
I have created a repaint during the beta test. I will upload it as soon as the F-86 package is available :)

Greetings
Tim

ARRGHH! STOP IT! STOP IT!
I can't bear it any longer! :banghead: :isadizzy:

My PC will be ready on scramble all weekend waiting for this! :running:

Cees Donker
October 25th, 2008, 11:10
ARRGHH! STOP IT! STOP IT!
I can't bear it any longer! :banghead: :isadizzy:

My PC will be ready on scramble all weekend waiting for this! :running:

Mine too!

:costumes::costumes:

Cees

Butch_N
October 25th, 2008, 11:44
Hi everyone.

I am looking forward to this one.
Thank you to everyone involved in its development.

Bomber_12th
October 25th, 2008, 12:02
I am looking forward to it Jan! The more NAA aircraft in the hangar the better, and this one is outstanding. Great repaint as well Tim! That is my favorite of the F-86's currently flying.

Lightning
October 25th, 2008, 12:44

Greetings
Tim

Start putting the paints up now why don't you?
I'm sure the package will be up soon?

Cees Donker
October 25th, 2008, 13:36
Start putting the paints up now why don't you?
I'm sure the package will be up soon?
Let's hope so! Been a while since I was so eagerly awaiting a release!

:kilroy:

Cees

Ferry_vO
October 25th, 2008, 13:57
Let's hope so! Been a while since I was so eagerly awaiting a release!

No kidding!

My 'F5' key is now completely worn out from refreshing the Avsim library page! :d

doublecool
October 25th, 2008, 14:00
Maybe now that the outhouse is up and runnin we can get some help loading her up here? :kilroy::applause::applause:

Cees Donker
October 25th, 2008, 14:02
No kidding!

My 'F5' key is now completely worn out from refreshing the Avsim library page! :d

Ah! Yours too!

:costumes:

Cees

Bandit
October 25th, 2008, 15:32
I have a feeling "soon" isn't today! :mixedsmi:

WarHorse47
October 25th, 2008, 15:40
I have a feeling "soon" isn't today! :mixedsmi:Never is. :pop4:

--WH

kolbenfresser
October 25th, 2008, 15:41
Oh, come on guys, pants down now, ...

It's already sunday morning here.:isadizzy:

Quicksand
October 25th, 2008, 15:59
Little Quicksand arrived via stork one day late as well, and he didn't turn out badly at all..... Deep breaths, everyone.........:running::kilroy::running:

Javis
October 25th, 2008, 16:46
Bummer guys !..... Ready to upload the Sabre packgage here but a notification says that i need special permission to upload a file bigger than 40MB..... The base package is just over 50MB, the additional skin texture pack is another 45MB......

Message says " please allow 1 to 3 days for SOH Admins to process email request for special access " ....

Alas all i can do here now is to send the request, which i have done.

Going over to Avsim now to try my luck there..... :mixedsmi:

In any case, she's ready and roaring to ! :d

SOH Admins : Let me in, wéééé yoooouuuu. Oooop wééééé yooouuuu. Wééé yooouuu. Wééé yooouuu. Uhu ooooop, wééé yooouuu. :jump:

Cheers,
Jan

robcap
October 25th, 2008, 16:52
Hi Jan, Can't you use the SectionF8 website for now??
Just untill it's up at Avsim?

Bye mate, R

Felixthreeone
October 25th, 2008, 16:52
Wooooohooooo!!!!!!!! We will all be (patiently LOL) waiting!!!:mixedsmi::jump::icon_lol::applause::app lause::applause::applause::applause::ernae:

Quicksand
October 25th, 2008, 16:56
Thanks for the update, Jan. We appreciate it very much.:medals::applause::ernae:

Javis
October 25th, 2008, 16:56
Nah, Rob, that's going to be a puinhoop, don't you think so too ??

Avsim is pretty fast, if you search in the new files department.

Btw, what are you doing up this late, mate ?? :d

Edit : Aha!! Wintertime ! :mixedsmi:

Kolbenfresser : Yeah, i know

deathfromafar
October 25th, 2008, 17:07
Thanks for all your hard work and keeping us up to date Jan! :ernae:

robcap
October 25th, 2008, 17:14
Btw, what are you doing up this late, mate ?? :d
Edit : Aha!! Wintertime ! :mixedsmi:
No, I had my birthdayparty :d
Check http://www.zoervleisjtreffe.nl (http://www.zoervleisjtreffe.nl/)
It was some kind off competition in preparing a typical regional dish.
I goes with french fries and lots of beer. :ernae:
Good luck uploading the files

Cheers, Rob

jordonj
October 25th, 2008, 17:39
Thanks! Looking forward to it as soon as it shows up!

Javis
October 25th, 2008, 18:28
It goes with french fries and lots of beer. :ernae:

I thought as much. :d

Flyboy208
October 25th, 2008, 19:32
Well I've had a little over six beers on this Saturday night, so we will probably see a drunken post by me. Thanks in such a big way Jan! Mike :applause::ernae:

Skywolf
October 25th, 2008, 19:49
I can't find it! Can someone post a link?

Drake
October 25th, 2008, 20:01
My F5 key just broke. DOH! :costumes:

P51_Pilot
October 25th, 2008, 21:24
Carnt wait to blast this beast round AZ! Looks just amazing:isadizzy:

Tom Clayton
October 25th, 2008, 23:01
I can't find it! Can someone post a link?

See here:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=2379

FlyTexas
October 26th, 2008, 05:55
It's up now at Avsim!!! :applause::applause::applause:

Brian

modelr
October 26th, 2008, 06:09
GO GET IT!!:applause::applause::applause:

Daube
October 26th, 2008, 07:52
Go wait for the file to be online again... it seems to be unavailable, download won't start... :banghead::banghead:
Obvisously it's a temporary situation of course, but in case you're wondering why you can't get that file, just know you're not alone :D

fragmentum
October 26th, 2008, 08:18
No Joy at AVSIM....
"Cannot find server or DNS Error"
:banghead::banghead::banghead::tgun2::a1451:

OK! Finally got a node, and it WILL take awhile to download.....

Thanks guys!!!

chrisf36
October 26th, 2008, 09:07
Keep trying! It took me 5 tries to get the file to start downloading but it finally started. Download speed is only about 16 kB per sec but at least it is going!

Chris

BananaBob
October 26th, 2008, 09:13
If the late Wyatt Fuller's Sabre isn't done for it, I'd like to give it a go with a photoreal paint like I did for Kirk's.

Quicksand
October 26th, 2008, 09:43
Great news, Bob! I was hoping you'd work your magic one more time.....:medals:

teeps
October 26th, 2008, 10:35
I have it, and it looks great, but when I try to start a flight it sinks into the ground and crashes :(

This may just be at Seattle, so I'll go try some other places...

hinch
October 26th, 2008, 10:56
Downloading =D

Butch_N
October 26th, 2008, 11:15
If the late Wyatt Fuller's Sabre isn't done for it, I'd like to give it a go with a photoreal paint like I did for Kirk's.
In advance. Thank you very much, sir.

fragmentum
October 26th, 2008, 15:34
Sierra Hotel :ernae:

thudpilot
October 26th, 2008, 15:51

Bob,

That would be a terrific gesture on your part to do a repaint of Wyatt's airplane.
Go for it!!

:jump:
Cliff

Cazzie
October 26th, 2008, 17:02
Y'all weren't lying when you said this would be the greatest piece of freeware to touch an FS9 screen! :medals:

Marvelous Javis and the Section 8 team! :ernae:

Caz

fragmentum
October 26th, 2008, 22:02
Are you open for (pleasure) business??
Please open our 'official' outlet...

http://fragmentum.missoula.com/fragmentum/forum.jpg

norm
October 27th, 2008, 11:43
is there any way to get it aney where other than flight- som.com? i dont have a subscriptionD dam it damn it dam id(beating hed on desk! :censored::censored::censored: :banghead::banghead::banghead:
:banghead::a1451::violent:

fragmentum
October 27th, 2008, 11:46
Avsim.com, no subscription needed! Just search for sf86ef.zip
Frag

Lightning
October 27th, 2008, 12:22
Right here.! :wavey:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=downloads&New=15&FileType=fs#download

norm
October 27th, 2008, 12:49
thank you!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cazzie
October 27th, 2008, 12:58
Why I love FS9 too.

Jans, I did some quickie fly-bys and did some FRAPS of them. For some reason though, I cannot activate Active Camera with the Section8 Sabre? The fly-by here were done with the Fly-By module in the tower view.

That engine sound is so sweet.

FWIW, without recording, I get a constant 30 fps in any view. While recording, the lowest fps occur in the VC because it is so immense and resolute. The frame rate drops to the 15 fps in VC but records in the fly-by and spot modes at 20-24 fps. I wish we could locate a way around the Active Camera glitch?

Caz

bhvaImheuEY

norm
October 27th, 2008, 13:18
i have flight sim 2002, and when i install it is listed but invisiball ples help i will go in sane if i cant fly this.

EMatheson
October 27th, 2008, 14:51
i have flight sim 2002, and when i install it is listed but invisiball ples help i will go in sane if i cant fly this.

Ok... first, this is a payware-quality plane developed specifically for FS2004. It is more-than-worth the $20 it would cost to buy a new copy of FS2004.

Second, this is a payware-quality plane developed specifically for FS2004. Most, if not all, gauges and systems would not work, even if you did get the model converted to run in FS2002. Believe me, I know. I had FS2002 until very recently with a hangar full of planes converted from FS2004 - most had animation problems, almost all of them had at least one gauge that didn't work, and with a complex system like the SectionF8 Sabre, I can gauruntee from experience that none of it would work.

Third, if you must fly a great Sabre in FS2002, convert this one instead: sabrejet.zip. It is very much simpler, but quite high quality. I flew it myself for months in FS2002 before I upgraded to FS2004 and began beta-testing the SectionF8 Sabre.

You are welcome to try to convert the SectionF8 Sabre - I'll even point you the way to do it - but the results will not be worth the trouble. The $20 it costs to buy FS2004 is entirely worth it.

To convert FS2004 models to FS2002, use these two files together. Otherwise, the install is the same. The files I reference in the following link will convert the .mdls to the correct format. The dynamics, sounds, panels, textures are your own problem. There is no easy way to convert those to full compatibity.
MDLC: http://sim-outhouse.com/index.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=4242
mk_MDLC:http://sim-outhouse.com/index.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=2478
(use both)

EMatheson

norm
October 27th, 2008, 16:38
ok this is going on my x-mas list.

Panther_99FS
October 27th, 2008, 17:56
ok this is going on my x-mas list.

Why not get it now? - It's free :wiggle:

EMatheson
October 27th, 2008, 18:35
Why not get it now? - It's free :wiggle:
I think he's referring to FS9... and making a great choice, too... FS9 sure is a good upgrade to FS8!