PDA

View Full Version : L-10a

Terry
October 16th, 2008, 11:05
The Electra L-10A at Flightsim is great. Suggest you try it.
File name is postcard.zip by FSDesign-Berlin.

hinch
October 16th, 2008, 11:09
Yep - though the view can make it a pain to fly.

There's loads of other paints too: http://www.fs2004.co.uk/freeware/vintage/fs-design-berlin-lockheed-electra

Netbuster
October 19th, 2008, 07:15
Thanx i ever wanted this plane!! :wavey:
Was the Amelia's first flight ....

Netbuster

falcon409
October 19th, 2008, 08:08
Yep - though the view can make it a pain to fly.
There's loads of other paints too: http://www.fs2004.co.uk/freeware/vintage/fs-design-berlin-lockheed-electra
Actually, that link just takes you to a pic of the L-10A, you have to then click the FS_Berlin link in the text, which takes you to their website, then click on another link to get to the L-10A, then another link to get to the actual repaints.

or. . . .you can just click here and bypass all of that. . .
http://members.lycos.co.uk/Berlin_flightsim/down081.html

Terry
October 19th, 2008, 08:31
Is there a replacement prop for this aircraft? I notice when viewed from the front you cannot see the startup smoke through it. Other than that it's fine. Looked through Bob's props but did not find one.

Desert Rat
October 19th, 2008, 10:12
Unfortunately a new prop tex won't fix that, the material for the spinning prop has to be set to transparent (like glass) for effects to show through. If you temporarily remove the spinning prop tex (whatever it is) from the tex folder, fire up the sim, you'll see what I mean, the prop disc will be solid. It gets it's transparency from the alpha in the bmp. You need both for effects to show through.

:d
Jamie

Motormouse
October 19th, 2008, 10:25
Can't remember where I found it right now, but there is a dedicated 'Amelia Earhart'
version,complete with modified aircraft.cfg (extra fuel) and panel.cfg (retro instruments).

ttfn

Pete

falcon409
October 19th, 2008, 18:34
Can't remember where I found it right now, but there is a dedicated 'Amelia Earhart'
version,complete with modified aircraft.cfg (extra fuel) and panel.cfg (retro instruments).
ttfn
Pete
Yup, it's available on the FS_Berlin website. . .or at least a link to the download is there.

wombat666
October 19th, 2008, 21:30

ttfn

Pete

But it seems to be lacking a crew!
:isadizzy:

srgalahad
October 19th, 2008, 21:50
But it seems to be lacking a crew!
:isadizzy:

That's because a blonde woman and a man were last seen leaving the 7-11 on an island in the south Pacific

OleBoy
January 1st, 2011, 22:41
Thanks everyone. Was searching for this.
....Sure would be nice if someone did this plane the way it could be. It'd be a great model in the sim.

By the way, does anyone know where the 2D panel (by Michael Vader) is for this? I'd love to have it!

Wild Bill Kelso
January 1st, 2011, 23:36
Just shoot me a PM, OleBoy! I've just re-zipped the panel, and it's just a 1.5 MB file, sendable via email.
Michael "Pappi" Vader sure did a stunning amount of panels (still available at flightsim), but I didn't found his Electra cab there...

If only our "special commissioner" for beautiful classic prop twins aka Milton could apply his magic on this taildragger... :jump:

Cheers,
Markus.