PDA

View Full Version : another mp3 question

cheezyflier
October 16th, 2008, 10:03
shouldn't it be possible to make a dvd with a huge amount of mp3 files on it that i can play in dvd player? my nero console claims to make mp3 dvds but my dvd player won't actually play them. is there something else i need to do or this idea a fantasy?

cheezyflier
October 17th, 2008, 06:03
no one knows?

Henry
October 17th, 2008, 06:16
never tried!
i have tried putting pictures on a dvd
But my dvd will not play them
H

Navy Chief
October 17th, 2008, 06:21
Am sure you have already researched this on the net, but found this link; maybe it will help?

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f57/how-burn-mp3-dvd-play-dvd-player-113114/

Cazzie
October 17th, 2008, 07:43
I rip using Windows Media Player and saved the songs in WMP's MP3 format and use CD Burner (a freeware program) to burn the MP3s to a CD (or DVD if you want a ton of songs.

However, not all (especially older CD Players) will play MP3. The CD Player in my Honda Fit will, so I can save 4 to five albums on one CD in MP3. ITunes will convert and rip to MP3 also, but I find ITunes and Quicktime to be redundant when WMP will do all just as well. I stay as far away from Real Player as I can, puts a :censored: Trojan in your system if you ask me.

Caz

cheezyflier
October 17th, 2008, 08:44
i have a toshiba sd2900 dvd player. not the greatest picture quality but it does claim to be able to handle mp3. people online say they are doing it but not how they are doing it. i will try making one as a data disk and see if that will do it. thanks for the help guys :wavey: