PDA

View Full Version : Radio Controlled Full Size Cars.... (Top Gear)

Lionheart
May 26th, 2009, 18:13
Hey guys (and gals)

Ok.. Get ready. This is full size cars, radio controlled, racing!!!!

lol.....

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Top-Gear-Full-size-remote_205343.htm

I had always wondered about this after seeing that great scene in James Bond where his Nokia phone could control his BMW remotely. Brilliant...!

eeeks! :kilroy:

Wing_Z
May 26th, 2009, 18:42
Hehe...Top Gear...Caravan...need one say more?
Great.

TeaSea
May 27th, 2009, 16:08
I thought I was the only one in the world that watched Top Gear!!

It's the only TV program I actually watch.

Lionheart
May 28th, 2009, 00:16
Some of the episodes are hilarious.. Some are amazing.

One of my faves was the Bugatti Veyron on the famed VW test track in Wolfsburg, 250+ MPH, I think 320 KPH? I cant remember. Amazing narration though in the drive. The car runs out of fuel just before teh tires overheat. The track has the curvature of the Earth built into it.

Another one is where the drive a small car (remotely, un-piloted), past the exhaust of a Boeing 747 with its turbines revved up. The car lifts up into the air, and starts tumblind down the runway, totally destroying itself. The top basically ripped off from the wind. Hood as well.

Great show.

Bill

strega13
May 28th, 2009, 07:08
i love top gear, a car show that doesn't keep anything too serious .
their challenges are the best part . some of my favorite are :
- building an amphibian car
<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KzxuEOxYSLE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

- trying to get the others "arrested or shot" while crossing alabama
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2syY12OPkwI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

- or the limousine building challenge

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/m3xnsRrKebQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/m3xnsRrKebQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_6dCuz34LRU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

BurningBeard
May 28th, 2009, 16:38
I watched the one about rednecks in Alabama and came to the conclusion that they obviously did not know how to drive a pickup. The test was get the vehicle (a couple of cars and a old pickup) up to 50 mph and still be able to stop before sinking into the canal with alligators. The fool that drove the pickup felt he had to use all four gears to get to 50. Any fool can do it faster in the first two. I think the point of the episode was to make southern rednecks live up to a stilted British prejudice. And, hell I aint even from the south.

Beard

Wittpilot
May 28th, 2009, 18:00
I watched the one about rednecks in Alabama and came to the conclusion that they obviously did not know how to drive a pickup. The test was get the vehicle (a couple of cars and a old pickup) up to 50 mph and still be able to stop before sinking into the canal with alligators. The fool that drove the pickup felt he had to use all four gears to get to 50. Any fool can do it faster in the first two. I think the point of the episode was to make southern rednecks live up to a stilted British prejudice. And, hell I aint even from the south.

Beard

You have to think though, which is evident in a few episodes, pick up trucks like that are just not common there... As a matter of fact there was an episode about whether a Ford F-150 was essentially 'useable' in the UK, it was not.....

By the way... I said it in another thread, it is hands down the funniest show I have ever watched... Most of my favorite television shows are British born........ You guys just have a sense of humor that caters to me, but yet no other fellow Americans I know... makes me feel special....

-witt

Lionus
May 30th, 2009, 03:34
Some of the episodes are hilarious.. Some are amazing.

One of my faves was the Bugatti Veyron on the famed VW test track in Wolfsburg, 250+ MPH, I think 320 KPH? I cant remember.

Great show.

Bill

253mph or 407km/h. it barely lost to eurofighter in a drag race. :icon_lol: Then there's Nissan GT-R, aka Godzilla of automotive world that tried to snap Jeremy's neck when he drove it.

Lionheart
May 30th, 2009, 11:05
253mph or 407km/h. it barely lost to eurofighter in a drag race. :icon_lol: Then there's Nissan GT-R, aka Godzilla of automotive world that tried to snap Jeremy's neck when he drove it.

Amazing...!

That Veyron is incredible. What an awesome machine. Bugatti would be proud (and want to drive it... alot... )

Lionheart
May 30th, 2009, 11:10

Beard

Former job I had was at Range Rover Engineering, secret test base in America. Once while on a hike with some fellow engineers, in the mountains of California (lunch break, got out and stretched out legs for an hour), we came around a bend in the path into a small parking lot (car park) and there was a lowered super stretched ford pickup, brand new, all black, black tinted windows, extra long bed (back cargo area) and wide duely axels (four wheels) in the back with the super wide fenders that stick out. It was lowered to about 6 inches off the ground. A true hotrod special that was super rare and looked very high dollar to have been made. The female engineer just stopped and was in shock. Just stairing.. She wouldnt talk. The guys were like whoa.....! What in the world is it??? Just a ford pickup. It was so long that it would be like driving a big delivery truck in Europe. You wouldnt make it through some small city streets because of its width. About 2 Mini's wide, lol...

That was a major eye opener for them to what Americans can drive. Not all Americans, but a small few..

Bill