View Full Version : Seen off the Brit coast

PSULLYKEYS
May 26th, 2009, 10:52
HMT Excellent, undergoing trials.:kilroy:

Dirtman
May 26th, 2009, 12:24
Looooking Gooood there lad!!!

She's really coming along well!

- is that you & Mrs Sully holding hands on the bridge?

Good_2_Be
May 26th, 2009, 19:42
Careful Capn Organ Looks like we may have a new Pirate plundering the high seas, I do hope that is misses Sully and not the cabin boy :isadizzy:

Looks Great Sully Can't wait to run her around, The Excellent also :icon_eek:

Skipsan
May 27th, 2009, 09:39
BZ:applause::applause::applause: Very well done

Skipsan:kilroy:

Skipsan
May 27th, 2009, 14:58
PSULLYKEYS a bit confused here:isadizzy::isadizzy: the acronym "HMT" what does it stand for :confused: {Troop Transport, Rescue Tug} Please:jump:

Skipsan :kilroy:

Tango_Romeo
May 27th, 2009, 19:22
HMT Excellent, undergoing trials.:kilroy:

...FSDS2 or Gmax? :kilroy:

hewman100
May 28th, 2009, 02:28
Looking at her I'd go with His Majesty's Trawler. These Armed vessels were a staple of British Coastal Forces in Home Waters during both World wars.

fliger747
May 28th, 2009, 08:04
Herring and Mullet Trawler? The small ships always had colorful personalities!

Cheers: T.

PSULLYKEYS
May 28th, 2009, 09:08
Hewman gets the virtual beer!:guinness: HMT = His Magesty's Trawler (too small to be considered a ship!) Although I liked Fligers and Skipsans guesses!

The ship was built in 1916, served both wars, and was patterned from 2 1930's photographs. I've read that trawlers were changed in 1940, because A/C posed as much a threat as enemy vessels. The mizzen mast was removed, AA guns added, and shield protection for the ancient fore gun was added.

I'm researching a 1940s one now.

Tango: FSDS. Gmax chewed me up and spit me out. However, the experience helped me learn FSDS along with a detailed and informative help section. Collin was indespensible helping me figure out how to shape the hull, as well as advising some pitfalls to avoid. :applause: (fell into a few anyway!)

Now trying to get into the multires.:isadizzy:

Dirt & GTB: The wife gets seasick - I thought I'd put an officer up there with a crewman in his oilskins. That foredeck gun just looked too naked - got carried away. All I ask is, don't get too close, the figures are barely passible at the range shown, but work on a strafing attack at 300MPH!

Methinks not too many will be piloting her, just mostly using her for target practice.:pop4:

Skipsan
May 28th, 2009, 16:01
Ah Manly-men bounding over the main with there 12 pounder's, twin barreled mg's all primed, cutlass waving in the gall-force winds stocking the "Hated Hun!" :guinness:

Had a look-about here some of what is about:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naval_trawler have a rummage around ton's of info there.
http://www.battleships-cruisers.co.uk/naval_trawlers.htm this is a good picture gallery for all class's of Naval Trawlers. Hope this helps it did me and enlighten me a lot.

"Manly-men" was from a bit with John Blotchy & Johny Carson, or was it Mel Brooke's? It was funny:jump:

The Rescue Tug came to me from the move sometime this past winter. Can't remember the title or how played in it.

Thank you for the education on Trawlers Brave bunch of Lads one and all. :ernae::ernae::ernae:

Skipsan:kilroy:

Skipsan
May 29th, 2009, 06:22
An now the Moves: :pop4:
http://www.orfasy.com/next.asp

And then have a look-see thought the rest of the web page :wiggle:

Skipsan :icon_lol:

PSULLYKEYS
May 30th, 2009, 14:36
Great links Skipsan! Thanks!:guinness:

Skipsan
June 1st, 2009, 14:01
Modeling info for a QF 12 pounder 12 cwt naval gun:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:QF_12_pounder_12_cwt_naval_gun

Hope this will help someone good drawing and pictures.

PSULLYKEYS
June 1st, 2009, 16:38
Thank You Skipsan! More for the archive!:running:

Good_2_Be
June 2nd, 2009, 21:47
Amazing job Sully.

Skipsan
June 24th, 2009, 07:02
PSULLYKEYS when will she be coming down the slipway and into the fleet for duty :wiggle: Ah tidbit-bet or photo of the work in progress would be wondebar ya :jump:

PSULLYKEYS
June 27th, 2009, 08:44
Sorry Skip, lost the harddrive a few weeks back, not the archives, got FSDS almost working and now have to climb back in to learn multires, otherwise she will be worthless to the cfs2ers.

Real life work has gotten in the way a few times also. I know - excuses! so I'd better get with the program!:kilroy:

Skipsan
June 28th, 2009, 08:26
Thank you for the up date :jump: Take care of the real-world stuff and everything else will work it's self out in the end :icon_eek:

Sorry to hear about your computer problem's not good :isadizzy:

Good luck